Eca 2012/13

Perera in for Deepdene along with mate Big Dino. I believe that Dino not paid by Deepdene just by Perera to play with him does that break the rules?

Perera and Parsons, will be able to hear the tins rattle down at Deep every time one hits a boundary. There'll have to be a raffle every 2nd day!

Speaking of who pays who......no chance Cooper or Parker are playing for nothing considering the number of clubs that went after them, subbies included. So has Cox left or are Cashy just paying half a dozen again this year? And GI, maybe greedy Grubich has decided to play for nothing. Pfft.

Parker is a good friend of C. Armstrong from their Melbourne CC Days. C. Armstrong doesn't get paid to play at GI. Doubt Parker is getting any.

Cooper is captain / coach at Ashy Willows so fair enough if he is getting a bit of money.

I know it's only A Turf, but I believe one of the sides has lost one of their troubled players after a falling out with the coach!

Looking forward to Coops joining the ECA. Ripping fella!!

I know it's only A Turf, but I believe one of the sides has lost one of their troubled players after a falling out with the coach!

Interesting. I heard a few whispers late last season that a couple of players were looking to move on. I wonder which one it might have been.

As long as cricket clubs continue some players will have issues with some Coaches. Sometimes the aggrieved player will move on and other times they wait it out.

Any interesting Rule Changes this season? Will we get fielding restrictions for One Day Matches?

Big name players will always have issues with new coaches. Mainly because they think they know better and don't like being over-shadowed by a new commander in chief. Clubs that succeed are the ones recognise the club is bigger any player.

Parker is a good friend of C. Armstrong from their Melbourne CC Days. C. Armstrong doesn't get paid to play at GI. Doubt Parker is getting any.

Cooper is captain / coach at Ashy Willows so fair enough if he is getting a bit of money.

Fair enough Cooper is getting paid ...... BUT what about Cox , Swift , Gotch etc etc ........

ECA either needs to scrap the rule or start policing it . I dont care either way, and actually lean towards open chequebook becasue we can get better players in the comp.

But at the moment , as it stands , the ECA are looking the fools becasue they have a rule in place that clubs are blatently breaking and everyone knows its going on . Classical ' head in the sand stuff ' .

Fair enough Cooper is getting paid ...... BUT what about Cox , Swift , Gotch etc etc ........

ECA either needs to scrap the rule or start policing it . I dont care either way, and actually lean towards open chequebook becasue we can get better players in the comp.

But at the moment , as it stands , the ECA are looking the fools becasue they have a rule in place that clubs are blatently breaking and everyone knows its going on . Classical ' head in the sand stuff ' .
Cox and gotch aren't there anymore. Cox to some Glen Waverley league I've been told and gotch back to premier, MCC I think. So you'd assume swift and cooper will be paid

Cox and gotch aren't there anymore. Cox to some Glen Waverley league I've been told and gotch back to premier, MCC I think. So you'd assume swift and cooper will be paid

Don't think swift is paid this year, has found himself on the committee and getting on a bit.

What do we think about the new teams coming up to dunstan this year, can they make an impact?

What do we think about the new teams coming up to dunstan this year, can they make an impact?

Bulleen bounce back after just one season in A Turf. Experiance in Dunstan Shield will be handy in staying up at worst.

Heathmont one of those clubs so far east they almost shouldn't be in ECA.

Heathmont one of those clubs so far east they almost shouldn't be in ECA.
Country week you think Outsider?

Too east for the eastern cricket association. Sounds odd.

Bulleen will play well in Dunstan though a couple of good youngsters might be appreciated. Heathmont had a good year last year. Bowling appears to be a strength. Big totals alluded them though.

Alternate question; how will East Doncaster and Boronia go in A this season?

Heathmont and Boroina are way to east! Don't go that far for my holidays! Doesn't matter Heathmont will go straight down any way will not win a game.
When was the last time a team didnt win a game in Dunstan? They'll get at least one win, I reckon they'll get two or three, Surrey, marcellin and 1 upset

Back