Fake cricket bats

Re: Fake cricket bats

wow, that was quick :D I'm just trying to find the link, will post it up whne I do.

It's an Indian bat I think, no stickers on it though. Thought I might get some from another company to stick on it. Can you do that?

Yeah you should be able to get other stickers for it, what do you have in mind. I'd like to get some new woodworm stickers or maybe some Gunn and Moore but can't be bothered to sort the bat out to put them on.

swghayward79 said:
I'm thinking of getting a bat from ebay, if I post a link to it here, can anyone advise me if its any good?

When you find it, post it up and I'll happily pass my thoughts on. As for the stickers, no worries, you should be able to find something nice without too much problem.

I've had a look and to be honest I'd have to say that it's going to be a Kashmir willow bat.

Can't possibly tell you much more than that as information is pretty scant. Stay safe and don't bother.

haha "Made from FINEST GRADE 1 ENGLISH WILLOW" im inclined not to believe that. the price is too low doesnt look good to me id follow the advice of almost_austwick

I was also tempted once to buy a bat from E-bay; but ditched the idea at last minute(maybe better sense prevailed) :D
It is better to be safe than sorry.
Purchasing a bat/cricketing gear from the local traders is better when it comes to quality and service.
Of course price can be bargained :)

I have never brought any bats from internet. You cant be sure because they can lie on the internet unless it is a known company. I prefer to buy presonally thats why.

When it comes to cricket bats there is no substitute fro getting in there and buying face to face. You'll get better service and most likely, a better bat.

E-bay has it's uses and if you want some cheap practice bats then go ahead but as the first post in this threads says, tread very carefully.

Just out of interest is there any sure fire way to tell what you're getting apart from actually getting one in your hands?

I mean, most of the ads say 'English Willow' but a lot of the time it's not, there has to be a way to check, apart from the price.

wow i never knew ebay sold fake bats they put stickers on i guess but i have never bought anything from ebay so good feel sorry for people who has been cheated

yeh i bought this cheapo RBK bat i took it to my local cricket shop and had it knocked in properly. the first time i used it in the cricket nets in snapped, ill never buy something like that again 100 bucks down the drain!!!

There are a lot of fake things sold on ebay. You should always look if the price is not too cheap and the seller has a good reputation.

:laugh: my dad once upon a time needed a new bat nd went lookin on ebay .... he found a slazneger v summat £65 grade 2 english full size 2.10 etc etc....wen ee bought it nd received it it was only a shitty £15 slazenger v500 panther frm jjb....is face went frm :D in da parcel 2 :cursing: wen ebay sed it was hos own fault

It's vital that you check what you're buying on ebay as far as you can.

Just because it's Kashmir it doesn't mean it's going to break any sooner than an English willow bat but you should know what you're getting. Check the first post in this thread for the a guide and a rough idea of what to look for.

As always, if in doubt, don't buy.

I'm going to put a spanner in the works here, but I'll hold my hand up and say I'm no batsman. I bought a Fake MRF bat fully aware that it was Kashmir willow with DIY stickers all over it. It cost £1.00 ($2.00) and £24.00 post and it came from India. I've now got several bats different weights and willows, but I've got to say I still like the feel and weight of the fake MRF bat. I still reckon that if you're skint bide your time wait till the end of the season and watch ebay for all the gear that suddenly appears on there where blokes have bought all the gear brand new. They walk out onto the wicket in all their flash gear and some bloke throws a ball at them at 60mph and then they brick it and realise "Actually I haven't got the time for this" and the gear ends up on ebay for silly money and it's hardly been used.

lets face it, if it plays well then it does not matter.

You only pay for the Brand name really.

My county Bat i hand picked the wood and specs. I dont have stickers on it but every one asks. Its all about the WOOD and how its made!

Back