Feedback wanted - help us improve the site.

mas cambios

Feedback wanted - help us improve the site.

We are currently looking at ways in which we can make Big Cricket better. The club forums are one area that we really want to improve but to do that we need your feedback.

What sort of things would you like to see? For example, would you be interested if we had a team of journalists providing match reports and information for the leagues you play in?

Many of you run tipping competitions – is there anything we can do to make it easier for you to do this?

How about official news from the clubs or leagues themselves?

Recognition for poster of the month, joker of the month etc

Please use this thread for any ideas or suggestions you may have – help us make the site better for you!

Re: Feedback wanted - help us improve the site.

Bob Holness;396929 said:
yeah get rid of them

waste of time if you ask me (which you are)

You're the front runner for " Cabbage of the Month."

Bob Holness;396929 said:
yeah get rid of them

waste of time if you ask me (which you are)

If you have some constructive criticisms then air them here. Bagging stuff won't get you anywhere.

Wow proves wot a ***ed up place this is

admin and a mod-wody-hator callin me out

better wotch it gets dark were u live so i heer

mas cambios;396926 said:
We are currently looking at ways in which we can make Big Cricket better. The club forums are one area that we really want to improve but to do that we need your feedback.

What sort of things would you like to see? For example, would you be interested if we had a team of journalists providing match reports and information for the leagues you play in?

Many of you run tipping competitions – is there anything we can do to make it easier for you to do this?

How about official news from the clubs or leagues themselves?

Recognition for poster of the month, joker of the month etc

Please use this thread for any ideas or suggestions you may have – help us make the site better for you!

we cant get a fantasy season going and you will have(try to get) journalists doing match reports.......who will do these the admin or will you get people on the forums doing the reporting?????

weapons05/06;397003 said:
we cant get a fantasy season going and you will have(try to get) journalists doing match reports.......who will do these the admin or will you get people on the forums doing the reporting?????

The fantasy competition suffered from two main problems. Firstly, a lack of people willing to actually sim the games. Secondly, the software used is old, clunky and far from user friendly. It no longer works on machines running newer operating systems which ruled out most of the people who did offer to help. If you feel that strongly about it, how come I never saw your name bandied around when appeals for help were posted?

Saying that, steps are being taken to see if we can work something out. However, as we are a free site money is limited so we can't just run off to a game developer and ask them update/create a new game engine.

If you look at the thread we are asking for feedback and ideas as to what you, as members, would like to see. I simply threw up some ideas as a guide and to hopefully get members thinking about what we could do.

But to answer you question with regards to reporters, well, how it works is still to be decided as it is simply a suggestion. If we were to go ahead then we would of course rely on people volunteering to get involved. Match report, round previews, gossip columns and what have you would be the order of the day.

In terms of who gets to write then I'd imagine it would be a multi-tiered approach. Trusted members who expressed an interest would be given free rein to post (under the provision that pieces stepping over the mark would be edited/removed), others would have to earn that trust by submitting work to be approved. Of course, the idea would be to share information, promote and pass on details of the various competitions but it would have to be done in an appropriate manner.

I don't for one moment think it would work for every competition that has members posting on here. However, some competitions often bemoan the quality of the reporting they see in their local press, so instead of complaining to deaf ears, why not do it yourself?

mas cambios;397018 said:
The fantasy competition suffered from two main problems. Firstly, a lack of people willing to actually sim the games. Secondly, the software used is old, clunky and far from user friendly. It no longer works on machines running newer operating systems which ruled out most of the people who did offer to help. If you feel that strongly about it, how come I never saw your name bandied around when appeals for help were posted?

Saying that, steps are being taken to see if we can work something out. However, as we are a free site money is limited so we can't just run off to a game developer and ask them update/create a new game engine.

If you look at the thread we are asking for feedback and ideas as to what you, as members, would like to see. I simply threw up some ideas as a guide and to hopefully get members thinking about what we could do.

But to answer you question with regards to reporters, well, how it works is still to be decided as it is simply a suggestion. If we were to go ahead then we would of course rely on people volunteering to get involved. Match report, round previews, gossip columns and what have you would be the order of the day.

In terms of who gets to write then I'd imagine it would be a multi-tiered approach. Trusted members who expressed an interest would be given free rein to post (under the provision that pieces stepping over the mark would be edited/removed), others would have to earn that trust by submitting work to be approved. Of course, the idea would be to share information, promote and pass on details of the various competitions but it would have to be done in an appropriate manner.

I don't for one moment think it would work for every competition that has members posting on here. However, some competitions often bemoan the quality of the reporting they see in their local press, so instead of complaining to deaf ears, why not do it yourself?

well count me in!!! just wanted your thoughts on how it will work thats all......

would you be able to include a spell check function? It'd be useful for some of the users on here ie. Bob Holness

I would like to see a a section for most competitions - I play in the BHRDCA - so a BHRDCA tab with everything relating to our competition on it.

Cheers.

I know this is old but seem most of the things on here are old would like to see Fantasy Cricket return, I have a game engine that can run T20's, ODI's and Tests and generate a ball-by-ball output etc.

Would like to see more competition (or even region specific) sections. Eg I am in the Riverina, and there is almost next to no information, I came here hoping it would be a place that I could bounce ideas etc and try and help our competition as well as those around us.

Back