Footscray Cricket Association

Re: Footscray Cricket Association

Anyone know the story why Maribyrnong C.C Folded?

Went for a walk to Mc Ivor Reserve in yarraville the other day. Went past Footscray City c.c & Wembley F.C old Club rooms. Seen its empty. I beleive a church side did use it couple of years ago. Seems the rooms have layed empty since. I know they need some major work. Wonder why it hasnt been used by anyone.

Which former FCA clubs were the strongest?, Most hated?, Most Liked?

For the time l played in the FCA:

Strongest club: BUCKS in the later part of the comp, & Tottenham when Balcam was there.

Most Hated: BUCKS, always gave you a good sledge or two....

Most Like: Always enjoyed playing Against Balmoral, also had time for a couple of guys from the enemy camp Bucks. Incidently we picked up one of their x gun players this season. Did very well in our first.

Are there any guys on here who played for former Footscray Cricket Association clubs, BUCKS and Laurel?

Bucks folded back in 1999/00 and l beleive Laurel folded back in 1995/96.

WDCAcricketer;136063 said:
FOOTSCRAY CRICKET ASSOCIATION 75TH ANNIVERSAY REUNION
SUNDAY 4TH MARCH 2007 ANGLISS RESERVE 12 NOON

The Footscray ANA Cricket club, formed in 1931-32, will celebrate its 75th anniversary on Sunday 4th March 2007 with a players' reunion. This will be held at Angliss Reserve beginning at 12 noon and ending at 6pm. A barbecue lunch, an open canteen and bar facilities will be available.

The event will also coincide with the 75th anniversary of the founding of the Footscray Cricket Association which also began in 1931-32. Former players and officials from all FCA clubs are invited to attend and swap stories with friends and 'foes' alike. People are encouraged to bring along any items of memorabilia. Please pass on this information to others.

The highlight of the day will be a Twenty20 match played between a team of retired ANA players up against a team of retired FCA players. Len Balcam, the former Victorian and Queensland state representative, has said he'll play. The game is scheduled to start at 1pm.

Closing speeches will be held at 5pm. For details please contact Graeme Hodgart on 9311-155 or email him at ghodgart@optusnet.com.au
My old man played for Footscray Colts. Were they in the FCA?

Bartos;175652 said:
My old man played for Footscray Colts. Were they in the FCA?

Yes l beleive so, think they finished up in the early 80's, not to sure what happend to them though.

WDCAcricketer;175638 said:
Are there any guys on here who played for former Footscray Cricket Association clubs, BUCKS and Laurel?

Laurel folded in 99 after going to the Sunshine comp then Willi comp. Bucks folded the year that the F.C.A folded maybe 95. A.N.A and yarra club only clubs still going i think.

go surfing;175845 said:
Laurel folded in 99 after going to the Sunshine comp then Willi comp. Bucks folded the year that the F.C.A folded maybe 95. A.N.A and yarra club only clubs still going i think.

Actually both Laurel and Bucks crossed over to the Sunshine comp in 1996/1997 as the last season of FCA was 1995/1996. The sunshine comp folded after season 1998/1999. The only team to cross over to the Willi comp the following season from the old FCA clubs was ANA. Laurel & Bucks both folded when the SCA Folded. Just confirmed with Laurel honuor boards as its currently in the old FCA rooms.

Yarraville Club crossed over to the VTCA a couple a seasons before the FCA folded.

WDCAcricketer;176079 said:
Actually both Laurel and Bucks crossed over to the Sunshine comp in 1996/1997 as the last season of FCA was 1995/1996. The sunshine comp folded after season 1998/1999. The only team to cross over to the Willi comp the following season from the old FCA clubs was ANA. Laurel & Bucks both folded when the SCA Folded. Just confirmed with Laurel honuor boards as its currently in the old FCA rooms.

Yarraville Club crossed over to the VTCA a couple a seasons before the FCA folded.

Laurel definately played one season in the willi comp after the sunshine comp folded. bucks folded the same year the sunshine comp folded.

go surfing;176120 said:
Laurel definately played one season in the willi comp after the sunshine comp folded. bucks folded the same year the sunshine comp folded.

I know there were two divisions of A & B turf the year Sunshine teams crossed over to the willi comp. cant say l remember playing against Laurel
unless they were in the other group.

Did you play for any of the former FCA teams?

WDCAcricketer;176162 said:
I know there were two divisions of A & B turf the year Sunshine teams crossed over to the willi comp. cant say l remember playing against Laurel
unless they were in the other group.

Did you play for any of the former FCA teams?

Yeah played for Laurel. We played in the Bturf the last year of sunshine comp. Then went back into A Turf in the willi comp. Who do or did you play for?

go surfing;176168 said:
Yeah played for Laurel. We played in the Bturf the last year of sunshine comp. Then went back into A Turf in the willi comp. Who do or did you play for?

I crossed over from Footscray City when they folded to Footscray ANA in the early 1990's. Still playing at ANA and coaching the under 15 side.

Are you playing for anyone?

Former West Footscray (FCA) player Nick Kotoski has dusted his whites out and is having a trundel down at Footscray ANA B Turf side. Done well in his 2 games so far with the bowl, still hasnt had a chance with the Bat yet. May see some big hitting this week against the colts. Battle of the sixes between Milko Cjepa and Nick Kotoski.

I've heard a lot about this Harrsion character lately..
doesnt seem to have too many fans..

can u give us any more info knob jockey?
are all the rumours about him true?

You can bet your bottom dollar C Face...and DOLLAR being the operative word if you get my drift.The bloke is shameless and it's rumoured that a few clubs he raped have had to fold as a result.

its true. I used to play for Crackatinny in the A.B. Leauge. We folded after that Harrison bloke gambled all our money on a table tennis game. where he lost to a player with a stronger back hand. all thats left of the club is a weathered score board that has the writing JK schooled DH.
sad story. now im playing for a stronger club that doesnt allow sneaky cats like Harrison.

Knobjockey;188252 said:
You can bet your bottom dollar C Face...and DOLLAR being the operative word if you get my drift.The bloke is shameless and it's rumoured that a few clubs he raped have had to fold as a result.

Why do clubs continue to chase him though. Surely you like to have harmony around any club and a guy like this does not bring that

St Andrews who has won the last 2 A-Turf Flags is looking for a new coach in the MMVCA Turf Comp.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

You can pvt message me and I can call you back.

WDCAcricketer;175638 said:

Sorry to bring up a very old post,though i never played in FCA,I did play against LAUREL CC in the WDCA about 2000 or 2001? Mcdonald+Mcecheran both played not sure of anyone else?

Back