Ford Ranger Cup Final - Victoria vs Queensland at Melbourne Cricket Ground

Re: Ford Ranger Cup Final - Victoria vs Queensland at Melbourne Cricket Ground

Finch gone, Hopefully White + Crosthwaite can put on a 1/2 decent partnership.

After Crosthwaite and White it's just the bowlers, Wright is handy but Harwood rolled an ankle whilst bowling and McKay injured himself as well. Might be a bit hectic at the end if runners are needed.

White and Crosthwaite doing well, 131/5, we need 57 with 15 overs left...

Ohs noes!

White and Wright go in the space of 2 overs.

Victoria require another 44 runs with 3 wickets and 56 balls remaining

This is turning out to be some game. Rimmington and Laughlin would have to the finds of the domestic summer in the one-day game.

White couldn't put away a half-volley on leg stump from Laughlin and Wright was clean ripped first ball by Rimmington.

7/152, 36 needed from 44.

Bouncer from Laughlin and McKay tries to pull but it balloons to mid-wicket where Laughlin takes the catch.

8/168, 20 needed from 26. Harwood in and batting with a runner as did McKay. The batting powerplay is on too and will go for the rest of the innings.

I know Harwood is a half decent tail ender but does anyone know much about Holland's batting?

postmanpav;328157 said:
I know Harwood is a half decent tail ender but does anyone know much about Holland's batting?

Has a first-class batting average of 21.5 but has only batted three times. Has only faced two balls in List A cricket for a score of one not out.

Uh oh, now Crosthwaite goes, wide and full delivery from Rimmington, Crosthwaite has a go but scoops it to Hopes at backward point.

9/171, 17 needed from 21. Holland is the last man in.

All over!!! Harwood is beaten for pace and Laughlin cleans him up, Victoria are all out for 175. Queensland have made an amazing comeback to win the Ford Ranger Cup Final by 12 runs. Unbelievable stuff.

Rimmington is Man of the Match for 4/40 from ten overs. Harwood collects the Man of the Series award for his 24 wickets in the competition.

Rimmington and Laughlin have been superb for Queensland this season in the one-day game. Rimmington took 4/40 tonight and Laughlin snared 3/25 from nine overs and have List A averages of 13.60 and 14.86 respectively. Both are only early into their careers but have had wonderful starts.

They'd wanna hope they win the Shield.

0/2 from two in the finals so far.

Bloody hell Victoria, can find a way to win unloseable matches... ************.

Having to bowl White and Dussey in those final overs proved to be very costly in the end

eddiesmith;329203 said:
Having to bowl White and Dussey in those final overs proved to be very costly in the end

I'm surprised Hodge didn't get a bowl. I saw he got 19 overs in the last Sheffield Shield games as I think Nannes and McKay couldn't bowl in the second innings due to injury. Hussey proved to be quite expensive in the context of the game so maybe giving the ball to Hodge for a couple of overs may have been the go.

Ljp86;329205 said:
I'm surprised Hodge didn't get a bowl. I saw he got 19 overs in the last Sheffield Shield games as I think Nannes and McKay couldn't bowl in the second innings due to injury. Hussey proved to be quite expensive in the context of the game so maybe giving the ball to Hodge for a couple of overs may have been the go.
The problem I think was as they only knew they had to bowl an over before he went with the 2 of them who had previously bowled rather than bring on Hodgey for 1 over, although if he had noticed whilst he was away carrying drinks for the Aussies, Hodgey bowled 1 over at the end brilliantly against QLD after McDonald got smashed in the T20 Prelim

Back