Funny stuff you have seen playing/watching amateur footy.

Kram81

Funny stuff you have seen playing/watching amateur footy.

This would have to be my favourite. Playing 4 years ago we used to have this really annoying guy on our team and thus he had the nickname "Tosser".

One game the opposition gave away a free kick to Tosser. A teammate near by yelled "Tosser!, Tosser" pleading to receive a pass. The umpire goes "right! . . . 50m!" thinking that one of the opposition players was abusing him for the decision. I'll never forget the guy pleading with the ump "but that's his name!". Classic.

Re: Funny stuff you have seen playing/watching amateur footy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

TGOLD-1.jpg

Hahaha. That's an absolute classic

I remember once before i got Sick, i was playing FB for my school team, as i was pretty tall (183) and had a bit of weight behind me compared to the other boy's. But i was playing on an absolute man giant. I only came up to his shoulders, but he kept trying to rough me up. It was a close game, but for some reason almost everything had drifted up to the our goals. Some small skinny kid got a quick breakaway and me and this man-giant were all alone at about the 25 metres away from teh goal square. The skinny kid did a long bomb from the wing into the MG and me, and it was on. He kept trying to run into my and shepherd me off the ball, but i stood back, and he fell flat on his Ass !! I grabbed the ball and got to about the centre square before there was anyone near me.

The Coach was absolutely pissing himself.

I remember once playing school footy - 10Bs a couple of years ago - we had a coach named Marty Heppell, ex-Demons player until he did his knee... anyways, we were playing out in Geelong against their A side and we were getting absolutely wallopped. 29.11(185) to 1.2 (8) at three-quarter-time.... our coach asked the playing group, "Well, we can't really win this... what do you guys wanna do?" After about 30 seconds of an interesting silence I bobbed up with "Hey Marty? What about an 18 man flood?" The boys loved the suggestion and Marty was more than happy to take us up on it. When we got back on the ground my mate Dave was the sole man in the middle rucking, and then we had 17 men lined up on the half back line on the centre square. As soon as the ball went up, one of us yelled out CHAAAAAARGE and all 17 of us thundered in at the four Geelong blokes in the middle, crunching them into the turf. Halfway through the term after no scoring whatsoever and many minor brawls we threw our best player at center-half-forward. The plan from now on was to continue the massive flood then boot it long to Cal (CHF). This continued all quarter and we ended up outscoring Geelong in the final term. It was the most fun I've ever had on a footy field.

I was out umpiring in the goals at Springbank's home ground a couple of weeks ago and saw one of Hepburn's players punch one of Springbank's players in the nuts. Very funny stuff. You should have seen the look on the spirngbank's player's face. Not happy jan.:D

thats not funny thats a very low thing to do

pidgeon fan;161477 said:
I was out umpiring in the goals at Springbank's home ground a couple of weeks ago and saw one of Hepburn's players punch one of Springbank's players in the nuts. Very funny stuff. You should have seen the look on the spirngbank's player's face. Not happy jan.:D
You don't know how much that hurts... thats just tight, not funny. Poor form Suzi.

I have reported your post.

Pigfan, how is a cockroach player jabbing someone in testicles funny?

pidgeon fan;161477 said:

sorry but that is not funny in the slightest way

One of the field umpires in yesterday's ballarat jfl vs bendigo jfl got bold over. He is ok now.
Last week there were 3 Ballarat football club players spewing up on the field. No not from drinking but from not being used to running around. Everyone had to watch where they stood.

Kram81;161940 said:
Pigfan, how is a cockroach player jabbing someone in testicles funny?

It is funny because you don't get to see that happen all that often. The crowd laughed at it. So did the boundary umpires and the field umpire.
Not a good place to hit a guy though.

Last year we had one of the female goal umpires from the RDFL get my old goal umpires coach in the nuts with the wood end of her flags. It had everyone in raptures.

You don't often see a person get smashed in the face with a stick, that still doesn't make it funny.

Anyways, playing colts/U16's my teammate decided to start playing aeroplanes and got one of the best sits on someones shoulders that I have ever seen. However he neglected to time it and went about a second too early. He sat there for what seemed like an eternity before falling to the ground just missing the ball.

I did see an umpire bounce the ball into his head. Everyone laughed.
Everyone except the umpire who had a massive headache after that. How embarrassing.
We did have a player fart on the field and a spectator thought he could smell it.
That was more disgusting than funny.

I have never seen the legendary bounce in the umps head but I'm sure I will.

Player running or kicking the ball the wrong way is always worth a laugh.

There was the umpire bounce to the head in the Adelaide v Geelong match a few weeks ago :p

Metallica_ACDC;166199 said:
There was the umpire bounce to the head in the Adelaide v Geelong match a few weeks ago :p
Shuan Ryan got hit in the head after he bounced the ball in that match. LOL
Poor guy.

There was a guy in yesterday's match who kept on mouthing off at the umpires. No it wasn't funny but what was funny was that he went for a mark and the ball hit his stomach and went through his hands. We had little kids sitting behind laugh and call out "Butter Fingers" only to get a rude stare from the guy who dropped the mark.

Last weekend one Beaufort player was tackled and gave away the free kick but the ball was stuck in his arm and had his other arm taken care of as well. It was a ripper of a tackle and it was a great decision by the umpire. The player who was tackled decided to give the umpire who has a stuttering problem some crap about his stuttering.

My cousin texted me on wednesday night telling me that one of the field umpires at his son's umpiring association got hit in the nuts with the ball. Ouch.

Had a great game the other week where one of our field umpires slipped over and did a somersalt. Everyone in the crowd called out "Taxi":D This one was at Creswick.
This also happened last year out at Ballan.

Getting hit in the balls IS NOT FUNNY|@ unless, of course, it is an umpire.:)

Back