Gca Player Movements 2011/2012

Agreed Binny... Burras knocked off Mudda 2nds today looking a cert for rolled mud in Div 3 next season, as for Inverleigh being a terrible side perhaps that's the case, but on the day winners are grinners good, bad or "ugly", just ask Andre Aggasi.[/quote

since when have you had to play in a granny to go to div 2 or even win one?... just ask St Albans, Bell Park and Guild.
The only thing stopping modda from getting out of the Div3 this year (and trust me they want out of D3) is if there would be uneven numbers in Div 1 or Div2 because the GCA would much rather have a bye in Div3 then either of the better divisions. i cant believe clubs have no long term outlook in place to want turf or as you so elegantly put it "rolled mud". Div 3 is a waste of space and no one cares about it.

While talking about next year any early rumours with any disenchanted players on the move, also i believe Manifold are close to folding which might put a spanner into the number of teams in each division?

Div 3 may very well be a waste of space that no one cares about, however I am new here and on the surface it seems like "Div 3 and it's pathetic unworthy clubs" get a fair mention in these parts considering the pronounced lack of interest it holds for the forum participants... perhaps I am wrong;)

Go The Burras!!

While talking about next year any early rumours with any disenchanted players on the move, also i believe Manifold are close to folding which might put a spanner into the number of teams in each division?
If Manifold fold, how would you see that playing out in your opinion Binney?

If Manifold fold, how would you see that playing out in your opinion Binney?
Without any info for club championship point standings for this year im guesing City (Div 1) and Maybe 2 teams from Div 3 (Modda & Lethbridge) to come up for Bell Park & Manifold if they fold with possibly a Bye in Div 3 unless another team falls over.
Hopefully Manifold wont fold and they will be able to feild the 3 sides required for div 2 knowing they wont get flogged every week but i think its the Ground /Neighbours issues which are making it hard for them.
Welcome a response from someone that knows what is really going on with them:confused:

Without any info for club championship point standings for this year im guesing City (Div 1) and Maybe 2 teams from Div 3 (Modda & Lethbridge) to come up for Bell Park & Manifold if they fold with possibly a Bye in Div 3 unless another team falls over.
Hopefully Manifold wont fold and they will be able to feild the 3 sides required for div 2 knowing they wont get flogged every week but i think its the Ground /Neighbours issues which are making it hard for them.
Welcome a response from someone that knows what is really going on with them:confused:

I'm not in the know, but have heard a couple of times recently that Manifold and Bell Park might be talking about getting together.

City for Manifold and Modewarre for Bell Park as next season's changes are just about a given. Finals results are irrelevant. Modda reckon their turf will be ready for round 1, but it might pay for them to have a Plan B (i.e. Sunday games at opponents' or a neutral ground) for the early rounds, just in case the winter weather isn't kind.

If Manifold really are stuffed, I'm not sure what the GCA's plan would be. Pretty sure any would-be GCA2 club will have to firstly guarantee they'll play all 1sts and 2nds on turf before they'll get the nod.

News on the front of the GCA committee. A very interesting story came across my desk in recent days about a very prominent member of the GCA committee. It seems this member is using his position on the committee to bend the rules for his home club so to speak. This situation as I seem to understand it is as follows: A player within this member's home club had apparently not qualified to play finals for a certain grade within this club. So the team having full knowledge of this and the knowledge that they have a member of there club (who has a very important position within the GCA committee), decided they would 'doctor' or cook the team sheet so it would look as though this player had qualified for the finals. The club then submitted this team to the GCA for the finals and thought they could get away with it. When this had been eventually picked up, the GCA committee member and club member was questioned and seemed to have egg on his face as it were. To save grace he admitted he had no knowledge of this matter happening within his club. but believed the matter be resolved with a slap on the wrist issued and the parties within his club would be dealt with accordingly. Now here is the kick in the guts for every club in the GCA..... as this prominent member of the committee as prementioned is a member of this club, he has seeminly used his power to ensure his club doesn't have to be subjected to the full extent of the rules that every club is governed by and has to abide by. In other words, although the player was not allowed to play in the finals, the club as I mentioned earlier copped a petty little 'slap on the wrist' for doctoring a team sheet breaking what I believe is a major rule to advantage there chances of winning a final and recieved a fine of..... wait for it..... a measly $50. While I'm sure if this were another club within the association, they would have recieved a penalty far worse than what this club have recieved and a substantial fine probably 10 times the amount of what this club recieved. So I say to those members of clubs within the GCA; does this seem fair to you? Is it fair that because you don't have a member of your club in a prominent position on GCA committee that your club be subjected to a more severe penalities and a different set of rules than this club. I don't think so and as so you shouldn't stand for it. By the way what massive conflict of interest this is and a great example this GCA committee person is setting for his club and the committee.....

More news on the front of the GCA. Wow controversy runs rife within the GCA. Well even I can't believe this has happened but it has. It seems as though a very important GCA committee member may find himself in hot water at the next committee meeting after events proceeding in the last 2 weeks of GCA finals. While attending a finals fixture between his home club and a rival club, this member's home club had just passed the runs required to win the final. But the rival club had been informed by the central umpire they could continue to keep playing if they believed they could inflict an outright victory on their oppenents handing them the win. The rival club accepted these terms and continued playing. Having passed the required runs to win the match on first innings the club and this 'very important' committee member starting walking onto the ground in celebration, not realising and unaware the rival club had inforced the rule to continue on. The captain of the winning club and it also seems this 'very important' member of the committee, unhappy and unimpressed with the rival club continuing play as they believed the match was over was seen and heard by a number of witnesses hanging over the fence of the ground shouting malicously to the opposition players whom were fielding and I quote "Hey stop embarassing yourselves, you and you're club are a disgrace!" The players from the rival club were in shock and disbelief at two people who are supposed leaders of there club who should not only be setting the example for their club and one 'very important' person who should be setting the example for the association, acting in a very disgraceful, disrespectful and 'arrogant' manner after there club's victory. If committee persons can proceed with this sort of behaviour towards opposition clubs, what faith should any player or club for that matter have in the GCA committee? None on the back of this. Surely I'm not the only person who thinks this is a massive conflict of interest and a quagmire I would like to see this committee member weasel out of? This I am sure will be brought up at the next GCA meeting where I would hope an official complaint is made upon this person's position in the committee, intergrity towards the association and interests for his club are questioned and seriously reviewed.....

News on the front of the GCA committee. A very interesting story came across my desk in recent days about a very prominent member of the GCA committee. It seems this member is using his position on the committee to bend the rules for his home club so to speak. This situation as I seem to understand it is as follows: A player within this member's home club had apparently not qualified to play finals for a certain grade within this club. So the team having full knowledge of this and the knowledge that they have a member of there club (who has a very important position within the GCA committee), decided they would 'doctor' or cook the team sheet so it would look as though this player had qualified for the finals. The club then submitted this team to the GCA for the finals and thought they could get away with it. When this had been eventually picked up, the GCA committee member and club member was questioned and seemed to have egg on his face as it were. To save grace he admitted he had no knowledge of this matter happening within his club. but believed the matter be resolved with a slap on the wrist issued and the parties within his club would be dealt with accordingly. Now here is the kick in the guts for every club in the GCA..... as this prominent member of the committee as prementioned is a member of this club, he has seeminly used his power to ensure his club doesn't have to be subjected to the full extent of the rules that every club is governed by and has to abide by. In other words, although the player was not allowed to play in the finals, the club as I mentioned earlier copped a petty little 'slap on the wrist' for doctoring a team sheet breaking what I believe is a major rule to advantage there chances of winning a final and recieved a fine of..... wait for it..... a measly $50. While I'm sure if this were another club within the association, they would have recieved a penalty far worse than what this club have recieved and a substantial fine probably 10 times the amount of what this club recieved. So I say to those members of clubs within the GCA; does this seem fair to you? Is it fair that because you don't have a member of your club in a prominent position on GCA committee that your club be subjected to a more severe penalities and a different set of rules than this club. I don't think so and as so you shouldn't stand for it. By the way what massive conflict of interest this is and a great example this GCA committee person is setting for his club and the committee.....

What a load of rubbish. The GCA committee person you are referring to has nothing to do with the daily running of his club and nor should he to avoid any conflict of interest. You are merely implicating by way of association. The club was dealt with and were defaulted from the finals, which is the correct penalty and the $50 fine is the maximum as per the current GCA guidelines. Maybe get all your facts straight before you start grinding your axe on someone just for the sake of it.

What a load of rubbish. The club was dealt with and were defaulted from the finals, which is the correct penalty and the $50 fine is the maximum as per the current GCA guidelines. Maybe get all your facts straight before you start grinding your axe on someone just for the sake of it.

The team was not able to play finals. They could also be fined up to $500 for playing a inelligible player, which seems fair as they have blatantly cheated, in changing a team sheet of a forfeit 7 weeks after the game. Maybe MickeyD can explain how changing a team sheet 7 weeks after the game (after 2 other changes after the game), can be classified as "housekeeping".

For your information they actually would have been allowed to play in that Grand Final, except that they also dropped a player 2 grades for that same final.

Mickey... Mickey... Mick... That you MickeyD...?
I have no problems with the GCA throwing the book at the club for what appears to be cheating and they should drag them over the hot coals. However, the post was more about the fact that the committee member knew exactly what was going on and turned a blind eye to it all and somehow bent the GCA rules to go soft on them when in reality, he would have nothing to do with the running of the club and merely be an ordinary club member. Nor would he have anything to do with the GCA Pennant committee.

However, the post was more about the fact that the committee member knew exactly what was going on and turned a blind eye to it all and somehow bent the GCA rules to go soft on them when in reality, he would have nothing to do with the running of the club and merely be an ordinary club member. Nor would he have anything to do with the GCA Pennant committee.

Your post said that the club, lets call them East Belmont, recieved the correct penalty. They were fined $50 and only missed the final because they cheated twice. How is a $50 fine a fair penalty for a club that changes a team sheet 7 weeks after the game, in a blatant attempt to cheat.

Your post said that the club, lets call them East Belmont, recieved the correct penalty. They were fined $50 and only missed the final because they cheated twice. How is a $50 fine a fair penalty for a club that changes a team sheet 7 weeks after the game, in a blatant attempt to cheat.
I didn't say fair but I think the little green book only says $50. I'm not saying I'm in agreeance with the fine and I agree with everything else that has been said. What I don't agree with is the implication of the GCA committee member just because it is the club that he plays for.

Duo, you still haven't told us which player they dropped 2 grades?
I do not know. Looking at Mycricket, I think the offending player was Verhoef, and it was actually for playing too many games up. He player 10 games in the 3rds and 4ths and was dropped to the 5ths without permission.

It' be D Boyle wouldn't it? According to MyCricket, he only played 4 games/days in the 5ths and 1 in the 6ths, and as long as their 5ths played at least 13 days of home-and-away cricket (which is what most 5ths/6ths/7ths played for the season), he'd have needed 6 playing days to qualify?

Back