Gca Player Movements 2012/2013

Hightons import for this season is Scott McElnea, he played for Scotland in the last under 19 world cup, Right arm fast bowler. Highton have also picked up a lot more turf players from ballarat uni including Ross Kieswetter, brother of the England wicket keeper.

Hightons import for this season is Scott McElnea, he played for Scotland in the last under 19 world cup, Right arm fast bowler. Highton have also picked up a lot more turf players from ballarat uni including Ross Kieswetter, brother of the England wicket keeper.
Would be interesting to see how Ross Kieswetter plays considering his brother is a star international player!!

What i believe to be the first card handed out by the umpires occurred last weekend. In the 2nd XI match between Lara & Leopold, a Lara player has been carded by a rookie umpire.

From all reports, the incident involved the Lara player running on the side of the wicket where it was a tad wet. The umpire has told him to stay off the wicket and he has responded "thats the side I f....king run on coz im a left hander". And the umpire, who appeared to be officiating his first match as he was accompanied by a more senior umpire, carded him straight away.

Surely this is not worthy of a card? What is this game coming to? Everytime i bowl a bad ball, i tend to drop a few swear words, will this no longer be allowed? Ridiculous rules GCA, i dont mind having the card system if an umpire is feeling threatened or if a player steps over the line, but the umpires need to be trained on when its appropriate to hand out cards, otherwise a number of players will see themselves missing finals for minor incidents not out of place in a school yard.

I know this Lara player had the full support of the Leopold captain and president, however with the GCA stating there will be no appealing cards, any requests to have it overturned will likely fall on deaf ears.

What i believe to be the first card handed out by the umpires occurred last weekend. In the 2nd XI match between Lara & Leopold, a Lara player has been carded by a rookie umpire.

From all reports, the incident involved the Lara player running on the side of the wicket where it was a tad wet. The umpire has told him to stay off the wicket and he has responded "thats the side I f....king run on coz im a left hander". And the umpire, who appeared to be officiating his first match as he was accompanied by a more senior umpire, carded him straight away.

Surely this is not worthy of a card? What is this game coming to? Everytime i bowl a bad ball, i tend to drop a few swear words, will this no longer be allowed? Ridiculous rules GCA, i dont mind having the card system if an umpire is feeling threatened or if a player steps over the line, but the umpires need to be trained on when its appropriate to hand out cards, otherwise a number of players will see themselves missing finals for minor incidents not out of place in a school yard.

I know this Lara player had the full support of the Leopold captain and president, however with the GCA stating there will be no appealing cards, any requests to have it overturned will likely fall on deaf ears.

Since when has being Left handed have anything to do with Running on a particular side of the Wicket when you are batting as you were (not bowling off course as this would be understandable), the correct response to the umpire would have been ill try and do my best to keep off the wet part of the Wicket which seemed not an unreasonable request from the umpire. the response sounds a typicall over the top reaction which probalbly just needed to be told again very sternly to keep off the wicket or wet area and if the idiot player arked up again i would give him a card then, but i dont think that the umpires are now directed to give warnings anymore as this is what the card is for a warning!
Im with you on the use of the cards but thats the rules they have put in place for this year, dont try to justify the crap excuse this player was trying to use to justify speaking inapropriatley to an umpire as there many other ways to put his point of view accros in a more diplomatic way.

I notice Grovedales Kiwi Brad Patton didn't play this round, surely not a wedding already. Very interesting when you have Graeme Harper on the GCA board and everyone knows the Kiwi was banding himself about to the highest bidder, he works near Lara, lives in Bell Park, was offered $8,000 by Bell Post Hill yet still ended up at Grovedale, probably just wanted success, a bit on the nose I think!!!

I notice Grovedales Kiwi Brad Patton didn't play this round, surely not a wedding already. Very interesting when you have Graeme Harper on the GCA board and everyone knows the Kiwi was banding himself about to the highest bidder, he works near Lara, lives in Bell Park, was offered $8,000 by Bell Post Hill yet still ended up at Grovedale, probably just wanted success, a bit on the nose I think!!!
Pretty sure Harper is not on the GCA committee.

Great stuff. All players were spoken to by the umpires prior to the game and advised what was card worthy. This was for language, and because it was directed at the umpire. Keep handing them out and people will start to show some respect to the umpires.

I heard that he chose people and facilities over money.

Great stuff. All players were spoken to by the umpires prior to the game and advised what was card worthy. This was for language, and because it was directed at the umpire. Keep handing them out and people will start to show some respect to the umpires.
Exactly. Everyone knows they're cracking down on poor behaviour, and then this clown goes and swears at an umpire. Not a very bright thing to do! Well done to the umpire for not putting up with it.

Thoughts on the start of the season? Clinton Peake the obvious stand out with the bat in div 1 and Phil Lang in div 2

North Geelong have been the big surprise along with the Grovedale start to the season being 0-3
Thomson look the team to beat in div 2 but the biggest surprise is Newcomb starting 0-3 after the big wraps they put on themselves pre season. Anderson would want to turn it around against Waurn Ponds this week or it could be season over...

Thoughts on the start of the season? Clinton Peake the obvious stand out with the bat in div 1 and Phil Lang in div 2

North Geelong have been the big surprise along with the Grovedale start to the season being 0-3
Thomson look the team to beat in div 2 but the biggest surprise is Newcomb starting 0-3 after the big wraps they put on themselves pre season. Anderson would want to turn it around against Waurn Ponds this week or it could be season over...

North have had a really easy draw against Lara, Highton, Bell Post Hill and next week they have Leopold, will know more once they start playing some better sides.
Bell Post Hill are really bad through there lower grades will be a very long year for them.
The bottom 3 sides City, Highton & Bell Post Hill will cop some real thumpings, then the middle of the road sides Leopold, Lara to be next but waiting for Grovedale to come good but will have to start winning very soon, the Outright wins will be very important against the bottom 3 clubs come the end of the Year.

Clinton Peake is a class above this comp but does seem to give you a chance, but if you dont take it he will punnish severly. catches win matches!!!

Back