GCA Twenty Competition & vBookie

Re: GCA Twenty20 Competition

gca_ipl;365358 said:
nah group B still for me, although Group F is toughish.

Seeding would have been good but it also gives some of the less stronger sides the chance to make it to the next round if they get a lucky draw. In the end if you are good enough to win the whole comp you should be able to beat which ever team you are drawn against.

these games anyone can win, whether it be a concrete side or turf side, most sides are going to put big hitters in and then anything can happen, remember t20 are for batsmen and anyone can "chop wood" and disrespect any bowler...i think there will be heaps of suprises and the final 8 will be a mixed bag....and how do u rate a less stronger side!!!!! it will be who the CLUBS put in , not necessarily a 1sts side....it will be good to play a few double headers at the same venues, ie marshall/sth barwon...will be interesting!!!!

Re: GCA Twenty20 Competition

bigmacimhungry;369145 said:
these games anyone can win, whether it be a concrete side or turf side, most sides are going to put big hitters in and then anything can happen, remember t20 are for batsmen and anyone can "chop wood" and disrespect any bowler...i think there will be heaps of suprises and the final 8 will be a mixed bag....and how do u rate a less stronger side!!!!! it will be who the CLUBS put in , not necessarily a 1sts side....it will be good to play a few double headers at the same venues, ie marshall/sth barwon...will be interesting!!!!

am trying to organise the South Barwon v North Shore and Marshall v Waurn Ponds on the Sunday 25th October to be played at the two venues !! Explosive action there !!

Hitters are good but a hitter still needs to be able to play shots against good bowling. But agreed, anything can happen as one good innings or dropped catch can turn a game on it's head !!

Bring it on !!

Re: GCA Twenty Competition & vBookie

Has everyone got there Rd1 T20 draw sorted?

Geelong West v St Albans Breakwater is at West Oval on Tuesday October 20 under lights, should be interesting.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;370001 said:
Has everyone got there Rd1 T20 draw sorted?

Geelong West v St Albans Breakwater is at West Oval on Tuesday October 20 under lights, should be interesting.
with geelong cup on the next day... sounds like a good nite to get on the cans !!!

ants.. any idea wen we have our 1st game.. i no its against grovedale but thats as much as i no

I Bowl Meat Pies;370003 said:
with geelong cup on the next day... sounds like a good nite to get on the cans !!!

ants.. any idea wen we have our 1st game.. i no its against grovedale but thats as much as i no

no idea mate, but i got told tonight that we have asked for it to be played on a thursday night, which tbh I don't like, I would prefer to play on a Sunday. Not up to me though I suppose

St Albans/Breakwater 116 (17.3) def by Geelong West 9/119 (19.4)

Geelong West chased down St Albans modest target of 116 on the 2nd last ball with one wicket in hand, Tony Spence hitting a straight drive past the stumps for 4 to bring up the win. Disappointing for us after being 2/80 (off 11 or 12) but that's the nature of 20/20 things change fast.

The game under lights was superb to play in with a good atmosphere, and we'd be apart of it again without doubt.

I think the Australia day final should be played under lights there 100%:cool:

Any other results from tonight?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;371493 said:

Geelong West chased down St Albans modest target of 116 on the 2nd last ball with one wicket in hand, Tony Spence hitting a straight drive past the stumps for 4 to bring up the win. Disappointing for us after being 2/80 (off 11 or 12) but that's the nature of 20/20 things change fast.

The game under lights was superb to play in with a good atmosphere, and we'd be apart of it again without doubt.

have you checked My cricket ??

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;371498 said:
Nah, Mycricket isn't working on me computer at the moment for some reason.:confused:

couple of results. East Belmont beat Murghe pretty easily, not ful results in. It says Manifold beat City but the scores at the moment say they are level. Torquay chased down Highton's modest total of 64 in 20 overs apparantly, must have been a good deck !! It seems in those games you had Travis Boak playing for Torquay and Scott Thompson playing for Highton. Crowd would have had a spectacle with the two AFL guys there but then a dissapointment with not much big hitting but it seemed to go down to the wire.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;371493 said:

I also should add that Muzza took a catch in the outfield late in the game in front of the old footy scoreboard and followed in Steve Whittinghams footsteps and called it 6 when he could of easily claimed the catch and no-one would of known, it probably would of given us the win, but the right thing was done. Hopefully everyone else can follow in both their footsteps in the future.....Hopefully Muzz can get some good luck for it when it counts later in the season;)

cheer_cheer;371500 said:
couple of results. East Belmont beat Murghe pretty easily, not ful results in. It says Manifold beat City but the scores at the moment say they are level. Torquay chased down Highton's modest total of 64 in 20 overs apparantly, must have been a good deck !! It seems in those games you had Travis Boak playing for Torquay and Scott Thompson playing for Highton. Crowd would have had a spectacle with the two AFL guys there but then a dissapointment with not much big hitting but it seemed to go down to the wire.

Yes, Trav played for us, but got triggered for not many!!! Would not have a clue about the other guy?!?!? Deck was ok, but as the 2's were called off the day before, you can imagine it was marginally underdone. We chased them down after being 6-14, so the decent crowd that had gathered, without much advertisement from the club, was treated to an exciting game. Not all about sixes Dazzler, the excitement of our new kit would have made up for that! Luckily for us, we have another 2 home games against Grovedale and North which we are looking forward to, so it could be a great money spinner for TCC.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;371503 said:
I also should add that Muzza took a catch in the outfield late in the game in front of the old footy scoreboard and followed in Steve Whittinghams footsteps and called it 6 when he could of easily claimed the catch and no-one would of known, it probably would of given us the win, but the right thing was done. Hopefully everyone else can follow in both their footsteps in the future.....Hopefully Muzz can get some good luck for it when it counts later in the season;)

Yer good luck like Whittingham got, being dropped to the 2nds the week after it happened:D

AB1;371529 said:
Yes, Trav played for us, but got triggered for not many!!! Would not have a clue about the other guy?!?!? Deck was ok, but as the 2's were called off the day before, you can imagine it was marginally underdone. We chased them down after being 6-14, so the decent crowd that had gathered, without much advertisement from the club, was treated to an exciting game. Not all about sixes Dazzler, the excitement of our new kit would have made up for that! Luckily for us, we have another 2 home games against Grovedale and North which we are looking forward to, so it could be a great money spinner for TCC.

what about Torquay into the JATA Shield Super 8's ?? Which based on the club's showing interest might have to be co-sponsored by Big Cricket !!!

I Bowl Meat Pies;371530 said:
Yer good luck like Whittingham got, being dropped to the 2nds the week after it happened:D

maybe Hammy's good luck rubbed onto the player that replaced him Linke who hit another match winning half century just like he did the previous game against North in the 2's !!

Didn't stay to watch all of the game between Bell Post Hill vs Teesdale, but Teesdale looked like they were going to win. Bowled Bell Post Hill out for 90 odd, and then were bout 0-60 when I left. But I cant tell you all the final result.

BPH won toss and batted first. All out for 98 (19.2 overs)
Teesdale in reply 1/99 (13.5 overs)

Next Round Bell Post Hill play Bannockburn and Inverleigh both on Sunday the 1st November @ Myers Reserve for bit of a carnival atmosphere. 1st game @ 12:00pm + next game @ 3:00pm. Hopefully will be a good day for cricket and the guys stick round for a few beers after they finish. .

cheer_cheer;371500 said:

Manifold won a bowl off, after scores were tied on 128 each. Bowl off score 3-2

The SwingKing;371603 said:
Manifold won a bowl off, after scores were tied on 128 each. Bowl off score 3-2

a bowl off, not bad !! Must have been pretty exciting for the crowd !! And nervous for the bowlers. Was the Swing King the man ??

cheer_cheer;371605 said:
a bowl off, not bad !! Must have been pretty exciting for the crowd !! And nervous for the bowlers. Was the Swing King the man ??

I was lucky enough to just clip leg stump to tie it at 2 all. Their last bowler missed twice, and big Justin Tarr hit middle stump on the last ball of the night. Exciting stuff!!!!

good win today for us magpies.... i cant actually remember any of the scores that went on but i hope ants does.. cos i wouldnt mind putting his game review on the website.. thanks mate!!!!

Back