Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat 09/10

Good on Shaun Campbell for getting up there and speaking his mind, sticking up for the country cricketers but it was an absolute disgrace to see the performance his table put on while Alf Clark, one of the greatest cricketers in Geelong was receiving an award for breaking the GCA runs record. To carry on like they did and then stand up in front of everyone half an hour later to demand respect, was a joke. Start by showing some respect of your own

Look here;394998 said:
GCA presentaion night last night. A few observations -

GCA2 champion player (the one based on points for runs/wickets/catches) was Leigh McAuliffe from North Shore who played 4ths all year. Didn't know that with the advent of MyCricket, that was how the GCA intended to run it now. Daniel Fanning and Jason Murray (GCA1 & GCA3 respectively) were the other points winners in their sections.

Speech of the night would have to be Shaun Campbell from Teesdale. Also his dress sense, cap and all - did Teesdale tell him he was going to a BBQ?

Not enough respect shown IMO whilst presentations were being made, but there were a few in the room more than half-cut by that point I guess.

GCA have admitted the error with Div 2 Cricketer of the Year. It is only a 1st XI Award, as it should be. The correct winner will be broadcast soon and there will be a article in the paper. Assume it would be between Illingworth, Bentley & Benci.
As for the Teesdale boys rowdy behaviour, Corio was in the same boat; didn't shut up all night. Guild-St Marys were a disgrace last year as well. I for one am in agreeance with Shaun Campbell and think the rest of the GCA should take them a bit more seriously but they are not doing themselves any favours by treating the GCA's night-of-nights as an all-you-can-drink party rather than a respectful awards night.

Look here;394998 said:
GCA presentaion night last night. A few observations -

GCA2 champion player (the one based on points for runs/wickets/catches) was Leigh McAuliffe from North Shore who played 4ths all year. Didn't know that with the advent of MyCricket, that was how the GCA intended to run it now. Daniel Fanning and Jason Murray (GCA1 & GCA3 respectively) were the other points winners in their sections.

Speech of the night would have to be Shaun Campbell from Teesdale. Also his dress sense, cap and all - did Teesdale tell him he was going to a BBQ?

Not enough respect shown IMO whilst presentations were being made, but there were a few in the room more than half-cut by that point I guess.

GCA have admitted the error with Div 2 Cricketer of the Year. It is only a 1st XI Award, as it should be. The correct winner will be broadcast soon and there will be a article in the paper. Assume it would be between Illingworth, Bentley & Benci.
As for the Teesdale boys rowdy behaviour, Corio was in the same boat; didn't shut up all night. Guild-St Marys were a disgrace last year as well. I for one am in agreeance with Shaun Campbell and think the rest of the GCA should take them a bit more seriously but they are not doing themselves any favours by treating the GCA's night-of-nights as an all-you-can-drink party rather than a respectful awards night.

Renny24;395082 said:

what table were you on renny?

Renny24;395082 said:

what table were you on renny?

Renny24;395082 said:

i agreed with most of what shaun said .. but as we all know it is a lot diffrent playing on turf, im glad i behaved this year lol:) hopefully next year i might b a chance for the initial country week squad:p

Renny24;395082 said:

i agreed with most of what shaun said .. but as we all know it is a lot diffrent playing on turf, im glad i behaved this year lol:) hopefully next year i might b a chance for the initial country week squad:p

know all;395089 said:

You looked like you were on your best behaviour! A solid start to next season and there is every chance you will make your way into the CW squad Mr All.

know all;395089 said:

You looked like you were on your best behaviour! A solid start to next season and there is every chance you will make your way into the CW squad Mr All.

GCA stuffing up Div 2 award......ha!!, what do you expect from them.
Shaun Campbell....good on him for speaking his mind
Shaun Campbells teammates.....give em a break, dont get to the city much.
All idiots not showing respect to award winners.... don turn up ya rude pr---s

GCA stuffing up Div 2 award......ha!!, what do you expect from them.
Shaun Campbell....good on him for speaking his mind
Shaun Campbells teammates.....give em a break, dont get to the city much.
All idiots not showing respect to award winners.... don turn up ya rude pr---s

know all;395089 said:

I thought you'd retired from all forms of the game ?? Other than in the 6th XI under the Captaincy of your brother ?? :)

know all;395089 said:

I thought you'd retired from all forms of the game ?? Other than in the 6th XI under the Captaincy of your brother ?? :)

The_Phantom;395005 said:
Good on Shaun Campbell for getting up there and speaking his mind, sticking up for the country cricketers but it was an absolute disgrace to see the performance his table put on while Alf Clark, one of the greatest cricketers in Geelong was receiving an award for breaking the GCA runs record. To carry on like they did and then stand up in front of everyone half an hour later to demand respect, was a joke. Start by showing some respect of your own

They have some good players in Div 3 for sure but they have some under performing clubs (talent wise) and from an outsiders point of view there is way too much difference between the best teams and the worst sides. Maybe it is time for that division to have some clubs start their first side in the 2nd competition, etc, and reduce the number of teams in the 1st XI competition to make it more competitive and not as one-sided. From playing against Teesdale twice in two T20 games (which we won easily) on turf the major differences were in the preparation before the game, the discipline batting (maybe fair to call out they were not used to batting on turf), and probably the depth between players ranked 4-11. If Div 3 was made stronger and the guys did not get walks in the park every couple of weeks I am sure this would all improve.

The_Phantom;395005 said:

They have some good players in Div 3 for sure but they have some under performing clubs (talent wise) and from an outsiders point of view there is way too much difference between the best teams and the worst sides. Maybe it is time for that division to have some clubs start their first side in the 2nd competition, etc, and reduce the number of teams in the 1st XI competition to make it more competitive and not as one-sided. From playing against Teesdale twice in two T20 games (which we won easily) on turf the major differences were in the preparation before the game, the discipline batting (maybe fair to call out they were not used to batting on turf), and probably the depth between players ranked 4-11. If Div 3 was made stronger and the guys did not get walks in the park every couple of weeks I am sure this would all improve.

cheer_cheer;395123 said:

nah not yet :) you know me im always up for a change:D

cheer_cheer;395123 said:

nah not yet :) you know me im always up for a change:D

Babies Arm;394903 said:
And to stalbans...... Div3 premiership is not the be all and end all, let the boys in the bush enjoy the moment of glory.. bigger and better things in div2 next year where u can have a real crack at the flag..... a flag u and the club will care about:cool:

Maybe a box of tissues would suffice?:p

Babies Arm;394903 said:
And to stalbans...... Div3 premiership is not the be all and end all, let the boys in the bush enjoy the moment of glory.. bigger and better things in div2 next year where u can have a real crack at the flag..... a flag u and the club will care about:cool:

Maybe a box of tissues would suffice?:p

Good luck to all Grand Finalists this weekend, hopefully we can get three sides over the line. Looking forward to having that Shandy with the St Albans boys.;)

Good luck to all Grand Finalists this weekend, hopefully we can get three sides over the line. Looking forward to having that Shandy with the St Albans boys.;)

Renny24;395082 said:

That's an incredible oversight. :) Always dangerous to believe it must be right if the computer said so. Also seemed like some of the batting/bowling details in some of the sections as reproduced in the stats book handed out hadn't been filtered correctly as a few non-qualifiers were listed in some and others weren't shown in average order. No wonder Garry McPherson seemed a bit confused when reading some of them out on the night.

Renny24;395082 said:

That's an incredible oversight. :) Always dangerous to believe it must be right if the computer said so. Also seemed like some of the batting/bowling details in some of the sections as reproduced in the stats book handed out hadn't been filtered correctly as a few non-qualifiers were listed in some and others weren't shown in average order. No wonder Garry McPherson seemed a bit confused when reading some of them out on the night.

Look here;395186 said:

hehe Super is confused at the best of times !! ;)

Look here;395186 said:

hehe Super is confused at the best of times !! ;)

crktluva;395234 said:
I think we should show this post to wheels after about 6 beers:mad: see who needs tissues after that:D

i will b pointing redback out to wheels on sunday should b interesting. :D

crktluva;395234 said:
I think we should show this post to wheels after about 6 beers:mad: see who needs tissues after that:D

i will b pointing redback out to wheels on sunday should b interesting. :D

Redback;395180 said:

i think there is a few of us that wouldnt mind having a shandy with u :D

Redback;395180 said:

know all;395284 said:

Looking at the weather, maybe we can share a hot chocolate with marshmallows.....
????If the top side has been beaten in the first final, but makes it through to the Grand Final as the away side, what happens if rain forces a wash out????:confused:

know all;395284 said:

Looking at the weather, maybe we can share a hot chocolate with marshmallows.....
????If the top side has been beaten in the first final, but makes it through to the Grand Final as the away side, what happens if rain forces a wash out????:confused:

St Albans into Div.2 for Bell Park? Would this be the only change to the two divisions, assuming Bell Park comes down?

Come somebody from Div.2 let us know how Murghebuloc have been performing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back