General Chat 14/15

The comment that south east juniors needs support is a joke I'm sorry
Agreed. The SECA juniors is a great comp in a difficult area. They show great flexibility to ensure that as many kids as possible can play cricket. Cricket is the winner.
The VTCA just seem to protect their own interests - which while understandable is a bit pointless.

I'm sure Cricket Victoria would be more than willing to come up with something for them!

I reckon they should reduce the Senior division to 10 sides. This will ensure that the gulf between the top and bottom sides is not too great.

Also could work the fixture that every team is fixtured for 2 days of cricket vs every other team in the comp.

- 6 two day matches
- 6 one day matches (2 matches against 3 sides)

I reckon they should reduce the Senior division to 10 sides. This will ensure that the gulf between the top and bottom sides is not too great.

Also could work the fixture that every team is fixtured for 2 days of cricket vs every other team in the comp.

- 6 two day matches
- 6 one day matches (2 matches against 3 sides)
Not bad..
8 team divisions for me 7x onedayers 7x two days, play everyone home and away..

What do you all think about a structure with Premier Division, North, West, North A, West A, North B, West B? Winner of North and West promoted to Premier, Lowest North and West clubs relegated. All other divisions one up one down. 8 teams in each division, play each other twice, once at home in a two dayer and once away in a one dayer. Separate one day grand final held on Labour Day. If a 4 day grand final has to be kept then a double header weekend during the season will be required. Potential is there to introduce full one day playing conditions. On the structure below no side would get screwed on promotion or relegation. I'm sure there are lots of holes, but I think it warrants discussion.

Divisions would look something like:

Premier

Douttas
Greenvale
Yarraville
St Bernards
Tulla
Strahmore
Kelior
Druids

North

APWSC
West Coburg
Haigh Fawkner
PEGS
Keilor Park
St Albans
Taylors Lakes
Abers

North A

Merlinson Hadfield
Glenroy
Craigieburn
Westy
St Francis
Jacana
Avondale
PVSC

North B

MPSM
Flemington
East keilor
St Andrews
Aber Park
Moonee Valley
RMIT
East Coburg

West

Spotswood
Seddon
Sunshine United
Altona North
Laverton
Footscray United
Altona Roosters
Werribee Centrals

West A

Willy CYMS
St Andrews
Kingsville Basptist
Newport Digam
Wyndhamvale
Sunshine Heights
Royal Park
Foots ANA

West B

Deer Park
Sun YCW
West Newport
Seabrook
Point Cook
Willy Imps
Barkly St

What do you all think about a structure with Premier Division, North, West, North A, West A, North B, West B? Winner of North and West promoted to Premier, Lowest North and West clubs relegated. All other divisions one up one down. 8 teams in each division, play each other twice, once at home in a two dayer and once away in a one dayer. Separate one day grand final held on Labour Day. If a 4 day grand final has to be kept then a double header weekend during the season will be required. Potential is there to introduce full one day playing conditions. On the structure below no side would get screwed on promotion or relegation. I'm sure there are lots of holes, but I think it warrants discussion.

As noted before I think the teams need to be reduced in top two divisions from 12 down to minimum 10 possibly 8 depending on additional weekends. I think most would prefer no Sundays (only reserve day) and an increase in 1 day matches. I think 10 works best as you can get every team to play 2 days of cricket against each other throughout the season. Reducing it to 8 creates additional cricket on a pretty busy calendar given T20 competition.

I think that one day playing conditions (fielding restrictions and coloured clothing) should be compulsory for top two divisions. Also should consider extending overs to 45 or 50 for one day match.

I think the top two divisions should be combined north and west with the split to happen at the same level as current. Premiers should be only teams that go up and last team should only be ones going down. No teams wants to be promoted when they haven't won the flag

Premier
North West
North A
North B
West A
West B

So who goes up from North division to senior division with this bidding process the vtca want clubs to do. With Keilor going up will be 7 teams.
Will they make it a 8/10/12 team competition?
My view is it can only be 8 as next 4 will be too uncompetitive against sides like yarraville who can top up their already talented list with players like Sheridan who would be coming on $20 plus you would think.
Do airport west go back up having been a regular player in recent times and finishing 3rd.
West coburg? Been around the mark last couple of years have good numbers and depth only worry would be their wicket being nowhere near senior standard.
Druids runner ups? Worry would be terrible ground poor wicket table and no depth with their 2s being consistently near the bottom.
Spotswood ?
Good experienced list could make adjustment pretty easily I reckon have the finances to go out and recruit to be competitive obviously a great ground and facilities.
Not sure anyone else in the equation?

Premier

Douttas
Greenvale
Yarraville
St Bernards
Tulla
Strahmore
Kelior
Druids

North

APWSC
West Coburg
Haigh Fawkner
PEGS
Keilor Park
St Albans
Taylors Lakes
Abers

North A

Merlinson Hadfield
Glenroy
Craigieburn
Westy
St Francis
Jacana
Avondale
PVSC

North B

MPSM
Flemington
East keilor
St Andrews
Aber Park
Moonee Valley
RMIT
East Coburg

West

Spotswood
Seddon
Sunshine United
Altona North
Laverton
Footscray United
Altona Roosters
Werribee Centrals

West A

Willy CYMS
St Andrews
Kingsville Basptist
Newport Digam
Wyndhamvale
Sunshine Heights
Royal Park
Foots ANA

West B

Deer Park
Sun YCW
West Newport
Seabrook
Point Cook
Willy Imps
Barkly St

Well done Mankad.
You've done most of the work for the powers to be here.
What I would like to see is our comp's premier division to include the crème de crème of this comp, which was becoming somewhat diluted in recent years by having to accommodate certain number of teams from North & South.
For promotion to Premier why don't we have some sort of cross over between the finalist from each of North & West div.
Finalist (top 3/4 teams) form Nth & West to play each other and Grand finalist into Premier div. That way if the next two best team are in one of these divisions then they both go up? this option needs fair bit of refinement to balance each div for the following season but could work?

So with 64 clubs currently for next season I think grades of 8 teams are the way to go. From last season we have clubs from 6 X senior div, 12 nth/west div, 10 nth a div, 10 west a div, 9 nth b div, 8 west b div, Sydnham Hillside (new club) and 8 Willy Comp Clubs. My proposal is Senior Div, Nth West Div, Nth A, West A, Nth B, West B, Nth C & West C.

article about south caulfield staying may be a tad premature. seing as they're in the draft gradings put out by CV for the new south comp.

Back