General Chat 2011/12

Hey Dingo...how about making the guys who play the bloody game happy!!! I don't give a 'rats toss bag' about your f*** committee theory or spectators!!! I don't want to be that guy who bowls 20 overs from one end anymore....IT ISN'T FAIR!!!
How about making that a bloody rule!!!!!!

Your definitely too old to be bowling 20 on the trot :)

And also more enjoyable to play. Do you enjoy having a bloke bowling 20 overs of nude darts with a ring field? You'd be the only one
You obviously regard yourself as a batsman. Tut Tut. Good use of the feet and the nude darts go away.

Bowling restrictions and field restrictions. How about retire at 50 and 6 out all out. O, and one more thing. No covered wickets for one-day games.

Spot on, or the kid batting 10, picked for his mediums who gets to bowl 1 over after the OS import finishes his 18th on the trot. Rat, I think we've got it wrong we should definitely keep the status quo....
Yeah and the two bats who hog all the overs and finish up 1 for 160 off 40 overs. The kid batting 5 misses out and the OS import whom also misses out on a bat spits the dummy and takes the next flight out of town.

Be nice to get some action on it, if at bare minimum bowling restrictions although I feel the fielding restrictions for 10-12 overs in a 40 over innings would be ideal for the enjoyment of the players, and the bloke walking his dog across fine leg/mid-off.
Yep, and batsmen only allowed to hit one 4 in an over. One 6 every 4 overs and when given out come down the pitch and congratulate the bowler before sucking the umpires icy pole and leaving the ground with a contented look on their face.

Hey Dingo...how about making the guys who play the bloody game happy!!! I don't give a 'rats toss bag' about your f*** committee theory or spectators!!! I don't want to be that guy who bowls 20 overs from one end anymore....IT ISN'T FAIR!!!
How about making that a bloody rule!!!!!!
Spoken like a true batsman.

Dingo....you're way off the mark now and starting to sound a bit foolish......listen to the players....bowling restrictions are a must, as they are in most other decent league competitions around the world....which I have played a few!!! As one of the leading wicket takers in VTCA leagues for the last few seasons after returning from premier cricket...I cannot believe that the rules can give me the chance to bowl half of my teams overs....antiquated!!! Nothing you've said is a fair justification for not bringing the restrictions in!

Dingo....you're way off the mark now and starting to sound a bit foolish......listen to the players....bowling restrictions are a must, as they are in most other decent league competitions around the world....which I have played a few!!! As one of the leading wicket takers in VTCA leagues for the last few seasons after returning from premier cricket...I cannot believe that the rules can give me the chance to bowl half of my teams overs....antiquated!!! Nothing you've said is a fair justification for not bringing the restrictions in!
Wot he sed

As a bowler ,why should you be penalised for being fit enough to bowl half the overs. Batsmen can bat the entire game. As you well know the vtca is a two-day turf comp, not a one-day comp. The fact we play one day is mostly due to weather conditions which interupt the two-day fixture.

As a bowler ,why should you be penalised for being fit enough to bowl half the overs. Batsmen can bat the entire game. As you well know the vtca is a two-day turf comp, not a one-day comp. The fact we play one day is mostly due to weather conditions which interupt the two-day fixture.
You obviosuly didnt keep an eye on the South A/B fixtures last year. 7 one dayers were fixtured

Got to agree with a new rule change neededon this one. Got to move with the times and allow restrictions on bowling limitations. Nobody has mentioned batting changes to my knowledge so Dingo your counter arguement/witt regarding 4's in an over sounds like someone without a back up to your stance. Its mentioned every pre season that the young kids that make up the lower levels of the club lose interest with the current form and seek other entertainment.Same can be said for those older with limited ability. Some clubs have had to drop teams and hense why they are no longer with us.

Then whats your problem? We're not asking for restrictions in two-day fixtures, we're stating that one-day cricket is a different format, that requires subtle rule changes. Is that a major issue, where by your estimation, two matches will be affected?

We are trying to keep people in the game and at the game and unless we update and improve our competition we will fall away fast.. Dont be blinded by the 11 new clubs in the north i reckon we had some luck there... We have some work to do, the south has lost South B1, B2, C3, D2 in just 5 years. 20 sides will be playing South C1,2 down from 32 just 5 years ago...

Such a narrow minded view the vtca has, I know last year we had a few 1 day games where circumstances prevailed that we needed to bowl 2blues from 1 end to try win when we had 2 up and coming 17 year old bowlers (trying to give them some experience) standing in the field for 40 overs and not getting a bat, that's not going to keep them playing cricket. It happens at every club! It's not a massive change and really isn't hard to enforce

Such a narrow minded view the vtca has, I know last year we had a few 1 day games where circumstances prevailed that we needed to bowl 2blues from 1 end to try win when we had 2 up and coming 17 year old bowlers (trying to give them some experience) standing in the field for 40 overs and not getting a bat, that's not going to keep them playing cricket. It happens at every club! It's not a massive change and really isn't hard to enforce
is there a rule that says a player must bowl 20 overs on the trot if he is good.

nothing stopping a club from doing their own player management in the best intrest of the club and giving the kids a bowl.

if it means they loose a game, so be it because they will be the better club in the long run. its called finding the right balance???

Not balanced when the other team has an import spinner or quick bowl 20 on the trot to set the game in the first place....balance is bowling restrictions where each club has to bowl a kid or part timer!!! It promotes better cricket as it opens up scoring for batters....changes fields....makes captains think!!!
I actually can't believe where even debating this....:confused:

Back