Harris moves to the Lions

hattrick

Harris moves to the Lions

The Titans have started the cleaning process in preseason after a massively disappointing season. First Imran Tahier (who will feature for Warwickshire) moves to Dolphins in Durban. Then yesterday the Titans announce that they will not be offering Paul Harris a new contract. A must admit I never got wind of it nor saw it coming an then on a radio interview this afternoon he mentions that he is moving to the Lions based at the Wanderers. The Lions is coached by Dave Nosworthy , who did coach the Titans before moving to New Zealand. The thing which I find most interesting is that the Lions have two pretty decent spinners in Werner Coetzee and Aaron Phangiso( a ex Titans player).

Re: Harris moves to the Lions

Maybe they want an all spin attack? Seriously though, I guess Harris is a 'marquee' player and a good name to have on board.

Yes and being a central contracted player his salary is paid by CSA but I think the bigger issue is that he wanted to have a guarantee that he could be selected for all forms of the game which the Titans could not provide. He wants a chance to be eligible to be selected for the one day national side which I think won't happen.

If he's got the word that he'll play then it gives him a chance. The guy is an ok bowler but nothing special, although he has had some days in the sun.

He's the wrong side of 30 (if I'm correct) so needs the exposure, especially after (what seems to me) a poor run of late.

Mas your right he has struggled. I could not help but think about a banner in one of the test matches recently. "Harris you cannot turn a door knob" so he is facing an uphill battle. The big issue is that he wants to go to the World Cup in Asia.

hattrick;396499 said:
I could not help but think about a banner in one of the test matches recently. "Harris you cannot turn a door knob"

Evidently, Boycott was in the crowd that day!

Back