How should I train

Edge

How should I train

Hey guys I've been around the forums buy t pretty much only in the fantasy cricket section lol.

Today after my winter 20-20 semi-final match (which we sadly lost on the 2nd last ball) the guy who does our umpiring told me a few things to help me with my bowling.

The first was that my left arm (i'm a right arm bowler) wasn't coming straight down but instead it was sort of going forward and then down which results in a drop of pace as far as i know and probably accuracy.

Is there any certain thing I should do to try fix that or when I go to the nets make sure i am thinking about it and feeling my arm coming straight down?

The other thing is my accuracy. I just need a drill for getting more accurate and i presume putting a marker on the pitch would be suitable. i was just wopndering what size marker should i start out with?

One final thing is in each session at the nets how many balls should i bowl and how often should i practise bbecause i really don't want to over do it and injure myself.I am 14 tomorrow woot :D

Thank's in advance for any help :)

Re: How should I train

presumming your a pace bowler
you should be doing at the maximum
Match
Overs per innings 12
Overs per spell 5

And in training
Practise
Sessions per week 2
Balls per session 30

As per cricket australias bowling guidelines

Well, I have to say that I am no expert on Australian rules but I would have thought that 12 overs in a Twenty20 match for a 14 year old is a bit excessive!

Happy Birthday Edge!

Liz Ward;354708 said:
Well, I have to say that I am no expert on Australian rules but I would have thought that 12 overs in a Twenty20 match for a 14 year old is a bit excessive!

Happy Birthday Edge![/COLOR]

So anyway is there a link to accuracy drills i wanna assume That I have hopeless accuracy to start with and jsut start from the top since I am reworking my action so most of my accuracy will go down the drain!

Unfortunately drills are not my bag. You want micoach or mas for those.

However, take a look at YouTube - Bowling Control Drill - PitchVision miCricketCoach

micoach has put together some really good resources on the PitchVision Academy. Spend some time there and you will not go far wrong :)

Keep us updated.

Your umpire's advice is great. If you need any more help regarding your action, don't be afraid to post a video. There are quite a few of us here ready to help you.

We have a saying in the UK... "tongue in cheek" :p

Joking apart. 12 overs in any match is excessive but as I say, Australian rules are not my remit.

ECB fast bowling match directives up to the age of 13 is 8 overs a day in 2 spells, then 10 overs a day in 2 spells up to U16s. However, birthdays are magic in many respects but not when it comes to growth and maturity so the increase should be gradual.

Liz Ward;354805 said:
Unfortunately drills are not my bag. You want micoach or mas for those.

However, take a look at YouTube - Bowling Control Drill - PitchVision miCricketCoach

micoach has put together some really good resources on the PitchVision Academy. Spend some time there and you will not go far wrong :)

Keep us updated.

Your umpire's advice is great. If you need any more help regarding your action, don't be afraid to post a video. There are quite a few of us here ready to help you.

Thanks for that.

Unfortuneately i cant go out and practise becuase i am getting blocked sinuses,coughes and all those bloody symptoms I can't risk going out to the nets but I dont have as much energy >_>

Back