Indian Selectors to get paid

AB

Indian Selectors to get paid

The Indian cricket board has moved within one step of professionalising the national selection panel with the finance committee of the Board of Control for Cricket of India clearing a proposal to pay the national selectors, so far honorary, a match fee beginning from Pakistan's tour of India next month.

Under the proposal, which is expected to be ratified by the BCCI's working committee, each of the five selectors will receive a match fee of Rs 50,000 (US$ 1262) per Test in addition to a daily of Rs 15,000, taking their total earning from a Test to Rs 125,000 (US$ 3156). For one-day matches, the fee will be Rs 65,000 (US$ 1641). Niranjan Shah, the board secretary, told Cricinfo that the new system is likely to be implemented as early as next month.

Source: Cricinfo

I feel this is a very good move. So far the Indian selectors weren't paid a salary. They were expected to do the job for the country without getting anything in return, which is really unfair. How could they be held accountable for the performance if they weren't paid professionals? This will make them much more responsible and should eliminate zonal bias.

Re: Indian Selectors to get paid

I still expect that zonal bias will play a part somehow.

However, its a sound move on paper and should mean that you now have a fully accountable selection panel, the same as many other countries.

I'm trying to, if you want to discuss it in detail start a new thread and it'll get more attention!

I think this is great news because the selectors are not professional now and they are also partial sometimes. I think now they should work better because they get paid and they could be fired if they take wrong decisions.

thats crazy how can they work if they arent paid lol
bcci are nuts their domestic system is poor and the selectors used to work for free. obviosuly there will be bias in that case. im not surprised why india struggle.

Back