is m. hussey close to being dropped??

would you drop hussey ??

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
Re: is m. hussey close to being dropped??

The Test average is inflated from the 203* he ground out on a lifeless WACA pitch in a draw. Most other times he batted he hung his bat out to dry and gave the keeper some catching practice.

Good state level cricketer that couldn't make it at international level.

yeah i dont thik he"s the answer, been there. if i were to drop hussey, id consider symonds as a str8 swap. allthough most would think mcdonalds keeping his seat warm, but with mcdonald being a bowling allrounder it could work with both in the one team.

The Ox;336008 said:
Exactly, which is why he has a test average of over 55.

Oh, wait...

As Kram said, his average is grossly overinflated by the WACA innings. Take that away and his average would be 33.33. ODI average is a whisker over 30 at 30.26. Not exactly figures that are flattering.

Whinging to the media about not being selected is not going to get you picked either and at turning 35 this year, age is going to be against him.

Jaques should come in. A top 5 of this would be decent IMO.
Katich/Jaques
Hughes
Ponting
Katich/Jaques
Clarke

Symonds is dead to me :cool:

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke

If something aint broke don't try and fix it IMO.

postmanpav;337687 said:
Symonds is dead to me :cool:

Katich
Hughes
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke

If something aint broke don't try and fix it IMO.

I am a huge fan of Andrew Symonds but i have to agree that he is now dead
His sheffield shield season has been very poor

Ferguson at number 6

he took 3 good wkts in the shield final when i last checked, dont write him off just yet, cricket Australia certainly havnt, hes to good a player to dismiss, i think he"ll be on the plane to England. i hope so anyway, he gives the team a settled look i reckon and i think he deserves a chance to prove himself.

IMO Symonds has had plenty of chances and he doesn't seem to have the mental strength or the determination to get back and playing for Australia.

I personally hope that the selectors have crossed him off the list for good. I would much prefer North, Ferguson, Watson or even White playing number 6 for Australia.

hes still on the payroll, (400k plus a year) they had their chance to cut him from the contracted players list and the didnt, im guessing they"ll wait and see what happens in the IPL. he took 4wkts in the first innings of the shield final, no runs but the game was dusted anyway by that stage, he needs just a steady IPL tourny and i think they"ll roll the dice with him.

You may be right DOP and they may pick him for the Ashes but as far as I'm concerned the side is better off with out him.

The best he can offer is a couple more years but I think the way the team is finally moving forward and playing a few younger guys etc that all he would be doing is taking up one of the spots already being filled by these up and comers.

hmmm.. tough choice.

I think the same principle applies to all forms. So pretty much what I said before, give the young fellas a run. Symonds had his chance.

I sense Deja vu. ashes 2005. Martyn, gun bat, good stats, took him to england. did nothing in an important role at 4 and we lost the ashes. need to take someone making runs. no runs in the odi's and its curtains for Hussey. only his leadership will save him here.

i would give his little bro a go, he has a very good 1st class average and is in form. smart cricketer as well, has played county cricket i believe.

distributer of pain;337812 said:
i would give his little bro a go, he has a very good 1st class average and is in form.

I'm not that quick to jump on that bandwagon. I like the look of Ferguson. D. Hussey has had an okay year, but looks a little lost at ODI level. even Rogers if Kat fish wanted to drop down to 4.

it would be ironic though, the same as what happend to steve waugh when he was relaced by junior. or was it the other way around, i cant remember lol.

WOW, again.. Consistency in selection leads to performance. The fact that he scored 10 000 + runs in state cricket indicates to me that he knows his game. Batsmen's form are like an algorithm, it either works and everyone is happy or they ask for his place.
Note that I think after Ponting he is Australia's most dangerous player.. hope he scores a ton at Newlands to prove me right... He is vital for the Ashes as I am not convinced about the English Change Bowlers.

i hope he does too, i quite like hussey but i like winning as well, if his form contributes to any more loses then action must be taken.

Back