Just a quick question

Edge

Just a quick question

Well firstly hello this is my first time on these forums :)

now my question is when you are at the crease as the bowler is running up (yes I dont know the term for this :() does it matter if you tap your bat down infront or behind of your back foot.Like does it affect in any way how you can get into position easier or something or is it just personl preferance?

Edge

Re: Just a quick question

As coaches you we are taught to teach young players to tap behind their back foot.

But what I have felt is do what is most comfortable. If it is in front of your back foot it won't change your shots or ability at all. If to say it was right at your front foot, then we would have a problem.

Mine has been in front of my back foot for many years now at its most comfortable

yea well i have mine behind my back foot but today I was wathcing the cricket (Aussies and SA) and saw Symonds and 1 or 2 others with their at infront of their back foot so I thought maybe I was doing it worng.

Its amazng I never really payed attention to that before....

Personally I have mine behind my back foot to give more power and free up my arms, but it doesn't really matter, which ever you find comfortable. I just hope you don't do what alot of people do and hold it facing their body then lean on it. I hate that.

Mine changed between behind or in front of the back foot a couple of times when I played. I think maybe what you do after where your bat is initially is more important. Personal thing..

The normal coached way is to have the bat resting around the toe area of the back foot. However, as long as the end result isn't effected (the striking of the ball) then personally I'd say go with what feels comfortable for you.

It probably depends on your stance and how you feel confortable. Just a quick note on those who tap the bat between their feet (Symonds, Hayden, Flintoff), they have much wider stances and thus making it more difficult to tap the bat behind their back foot.

It all depends on were your comfortable, mines usually in between both feet, my coach does it next to his back foot whereas brad haddin basicly taps it on his front foot

Back