Kallis Retires

nairbe

Sad day for all cricket fans around the world. He was truly one of the greatest ever all rounders.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...rom-test-cricket/story-e6frg7rx-1226789884316

It's sad that he didn't reach 300 test wickets. But after all he has done for the game he deserves a long rest. I was named after him, he really is one of the biggest favourites amongst all South Africans! I'm surprised that you didn't mention he also took so many catches in the slips. He was one of the best slip fielders South Africa ever had. If there was a better all rounder ever in the history of the game it would have to be Sir Garfield Sobers, but I'd still rate Kallis as a better all round player.

It's sad that he didn't reach 300 test wickets. But after all he has done for the game he deserves a long rest. I was named after him, he really is one of the biggest favourites amongst all South Africans! I'm surprised that you didn't mention he also took so many catches in the slips. He was one of the best slip fielders South Africa ever had. If there was a better all rounder ever in the history of the game it would have to be Sir Garfield Sobers, but I'd still rate Kallis as a better all round player.

In the end, Yes. He was the best i can remember and the best on paper. We must remember he did it all with little fuss unlike so many others.

'Sir' Jacques Henry Kallis should be called a great ambassador of the game a true legend and world cricket will miss him and so will I

Back