Left Arm Chinaman - Bowling Videos [any Advice / Thoughts Would Be Appreciated]

You get a lot of spin lol but try rotating a bit more after the delivry

Thanks Shahidpak
It's a shame that the mountain blurs the ball in the second video:mad: That second ball drifted quite a bit ! (for my bowling last season that is:D) You can still see me bowling the ball towards leg stump and it landing outside off.

Thanks Shahidpak
It's a shame that the mountain blurs the ball in the second video:mad: That second ball drifted quite a bit ! (for my bowling last season that is:D) You can still see me bowling the ball towards leg stump and it landing outside off.

Since youre bowling so well i have 2 questions:
My coach asks me to bowl from near the wicket and when i bowl from near the wicket my bowling arm is so high that i feel uncomfortable and when i come wide from the creas my bowling arm is low and i feel comfortable.. ive also heard that its better to have your bowling arm low because you get more spin (NOT TOO LOW) Whats better in youre view because you have a high arm and you still spin the ball??

And what country are you from me france :)

Since youre bowling so well i have 2 questions:
My coach asks me to bowl from near the wicket and when i bowl from near the wicket my bowling arm is so high that i feel uncomfortable and when i come wide from the creas my bowling arm is low and i feel comfortable.. ive also heard that its better to have your bowling arm low because you get more spin (NOT TOO LOW) Whats better in youre view because you have a high arm and you still spin the ball??

And what country are you from me france :)

Whether you get more spin with a high or low arm action is entirely dependent on your shoulder and wrist flexibility and strength. Shane Warne had a low arm, Richie Benaud a high arm etc. As long as your arm ins't past the vertical it's fine. I haven't noticed more spin when I bowl with a low arm, only less drift and a bit more turn. No difference in revs though. You just have to get it into your mind that if you are close to the stumps you can still have a low arm because you won't hit the stumps with your arm. (that's not possible unless you go underarm, so there's no reason for you to have a high arm when close to the stumps)

PS. I'm from South Africa

Whether you get more spin with a high or low arm action is entirely dependent on your shoulder and wrist flexibility and strength. Shane Warne had a low arm, Richie Benaud a high arm etc. As long as your arm ins't past the vertical it's fine. I haven't noticed more spin when I bowl with a low arm, only less drift and a bit more turn. No difference in revs though. You just have to get it into your mind that if you are close to the stumps you can still have a low arm because you won't hit the stumps with your arm. (that's not possible unless you go underarm, so there's no reason for you to have a high arm when close to the stumps)

PS. I'm from South Africa

Well its basically because when im close to the stumps if i bowl whith a low arm im afrais to bowl wide leg side! :) thnx

Well its basically because when im close to the stumps if i bowl whith a low arm im afrais to bowl wide leg side! :) thnx

You shouldn't be afraid of bowling leg side wides. Everyone is inaccurate when they start bowling wrist spin, you can only correct accuracy with practice. You are going to bowl wides, and lots of them too! But the more you practice the less wides you will bowl:) Guaranteed.

Your action is quite all right, although you seem to take a massive step sideways away from your target right before your delivery stride. It isn't necessarily wrong and you don't have to change it, but if you do it'd probably increase your accuracy and make your delivery angle more attacking. Also, do you always come round the wicket or do you vary depending on the situation?
Your deliveries look great, so keep up the good work :)
PS. Is jy Afrikaans?

Your action is quite all right, although you seem to take a massive step sideways away from your target right before your delivery stride. It isn't necessarily wrong and you don't have to change it, but if you do it'd probably increase your accuracy and make your delivery angle more attacking. Also, do you always come round the wicket or do you vary depending on the situation?
Your deliveries look great, so keep up the good work :)
PS. Is jy Afrikaans?

Yes that step sideways usually helps me get more side-on as I struggle to get side-on without it. Last season I only went around the wicket, but now I go over the wicket and use the crease a lot more. Mostly around the wicket though because I get more purchase and accuracy that way.

PS. Ja, Afrikaans gebore en Engels is my tweede taal:)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1396505407260983&l=3912454288370449029
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1396489803929210&l=5297505652838343283

These are the links for the videos of my bowling. If any of you have some advice / thoughts type away;)... These are from last season. Newer videos will be available in a few weeks, but I don't want to wait until then so what do you think of my previous seasons bowling?
Good revs mate ! Drift and dip there is plenty of . Just one thing , get more over your front foot and maybe explode a bit more through the crease . And try going over the wickets . But otherwise not bad at all , you definetely still young so keep up the good work !! And remember , never sacrifice revs for accuracy , cheers mate .

Good revs mate ! Drift and dip there is plenty of . Just one thing , get more over your front foot and maybe explode a bit more through the crease . And try going over the wickets . But otherwise not bad at all , you definetely still young so keep up the good work !! And remember , never sacrifice revs for accuracy , cheers mate .

What does it mean to get more over your front leg? Please explain it to me, I understand absolutely nothing about that, and it's something a few people have told me already :confused:

Why on earth would I want to sacrifice revs for accuracy?! That's just wrong.

Back