Left arm wrist spin (chinamen) need help

Patta93

I want to know any tips and other ways of improving on my left arm chinamens. My main problem isI cant seem to make it spin back to the leg stump and goes towards the middle instead.
Chinaman_small.gif

Get it to go like on that graphic and you'll be doing good. I dont think you have a problem so just keep doing what you're doing. Are you getting any drift away from the right hander?

Sounds like a case of just practicing more and getting for revs on the ball? Maybe trying flighting it more and bowling slower. it may turn more with less forward motion?

The problem is we don't really know anything about your bowling.... do you bowl slowly, do you bowl quickly, what are your mechanics like... what grips do you use. what sort of pitches do you bowl on.

There is no magic bullet... there are many! It's like trying to diagnose a disease without seeing the person who is sick.

hence... video or long description required.

Ok i bowl it slowly nd i dont try nd put any pace on the ball. My grip is a typical legspiners grip (middle thumb index finger on seam). Ill try nd provide a video in a few days. But i wanted to see if there were any left arm wristspiners out there and i wanted to see what they do. But since it is the rarest thing to bowl im probs in doubt.

"Chinaman spinner" Yeah they're as rare as Rocking Horse Pooh, but you are exactly the same as the rest of us, you just have to visualise it all the other way round. But more importantly because you're a wrist spinner you face all the problems that we face, so you're on the right forum, it's just going to be unusual if someone else joins the forum. If you're looking for contact with another Chinaman, you're probably best off continuing asking questions and contributing to this thread. The more you do it, the more it'll get picked up by search engines such as Google and it'll eventually with a little effort become 'The place to go to ask questions about Chinaman bowling'.

It might be useful also to start any comments or questions with the 'Chinaman Spinning" or something as I have, as that help when people search for it.

In answer to your question though, I don't know whether its true but it sounds as though in a team you'd be an assett against a left handed batsman, but you'd be up against competition for a place against the Finger Spinners as they're usually more accurate. In your favour though, if you could bowl a Chinaman's Wrong Un, that would put you in a potentially superior place than the usually 'One dimensional' Finger Spinners. As a Wrist Spinner you've potentially got far more variations up your sleeve, all of which when mastered will spin far more viciously than the Finger spinners.

Back