Leg spin bowling accuracy

Pavamana K J

Hi all,

I have been practising leg spin bowling for the last two years, but I could not gain control over my bowling. I can turn the ball square, but there is no accuracy. So just to increase my accuracy, I started to stand and bowl. Can you please someone tell me what is wrong with my action? I have observed the following when I am bowling leg spin.

1. My accuracy is slightly better when I bowl without a run than with a run-up.
2. With run-up, my stride is longer, so my head falls away.
3. With run-up, I am not able to brace the front leg.
4. My goolgies will go down the leg side for RHB.
5. I am not able to release the ball from the same position consistently.

I have uploaded the video of my bowling, please give me some tips to improve my bowling.

Attachments

Darth Spin

Bowl from a shorter distance until you are happy with your line and length. Gradually increase the distance until you can do it from a full length.

Similarly, bowl from a standing start until you are consistent, then incorporate a bound, then a few steps etc.

Your action looks reasonable to me, I'm no coach.

Pavamana K J

Bowl from a shorter distance until you are happy with your line and length. Gradually increase the distance until you can do it from a full length.

Similarly, bowl from a standing start until you are consistent, then incorporate a bound, then a few steps etc.

Your action looks reasonable to me, I'm no coach.
Okay. Thanks for your suggestions

davado

amelia kerr couldnt help bowling brilliantly against england in the dead rubber.Great leggie & great batter
im pretty sure new zealand were foxing. Its beyond belief theyd bat so badly if they were seriously trying to win.
Watch for amazing improvement in the semi against england tomorrow. I doubt england will know what hit them after new zealand smack them in the semi.
ive got money on them tomorrow and a couple dollars on them causing an upset against australia in the final. I think nz are the only team capable. On their day they can bat australia out of it