Madrid Magic vs Western Wizards first days wrap up.

breeno

Madrid Magic vs Western Wizards first days wrap up.

The Madrid Magic are in a commanding position in their test match against the Western Wizards after day one at Santiago Bernabeu oval.

The Western Wizards won the toss and decided to bat on terrible bowlers pitch.

The Wizards started well with their opening pair DILLIGAF and Magpie Girl really taking the attack to the Magic's bowling. The pair put on 45 runs for no wicket until Diablo14 snared Magpie girl after a brilliant catch by The Wizz on 25 off 35.

Simbazz then arrived at the crease playing defensively to hold things together when Diablo14 got the second wicket of the day getting DILLIGAF out for 33.

The highly rated Biggie then came to the crease with the Magic lifting. Biggie and Simbazz were batting brilliantly, survivng until lunch with the score at 2/113. Bad news for Simbazz though when his wicket was taken by The Wizz just two overs after lunch for 47.

The Wizards then took the going slow until Dirk Kurt struck, taking Biggie's wicket for a slow 25 off 64 balls.

The Magic knew that this was a very big wicket and their tails were well and truly up. AGradeClubber had arrived to try and save things for the Wizards for the Wizards with his partner Jolldo, who had been at the crease for a while, when a poor showing of communication had AGradeClubber run out for a lowly 4.

PostmanPav arrived at the crease, but in just three balls later Mousey snared Jolldo for just 8 runs. Micky Ashman then nervously walked out knowing that he had to do something to stop the collapse when he was dropped on just five runs, the pressure had built up too much on his batting partner Postmanpav who was trapped in front off Diablo14 for a duck.

ScottyD then arrived and was bowled by The Wizz after facing two balls.

Micky Ashman followed two balls later when he was caught behind off The Wizz in the same over.

DJ Hussey was then out for 1 off Kuyt leaving Kevieyang on 5* and the Western Wizards in trouble being all out for 163.

The Madrid Magic openers came out knowing what they had to do and Quinzate1 and Jaymin were taking things very aggressively until Jaymin was caught off Kevieyang for 22 and the Magic at 1/43.

Toonarmy then strolled out oozing utter confidence but losing Quinzate1 just 4 overs later for 28.

Breeno then came to the crease and was scoring fairly quickly but looking a little shaky, and it wasn't long before he was back in the pavillion for just 11.

The Magic at 3/70 knew that they had to see out the days play and that they did with Doggies in 08 and Toonarmy putting on 51 runs before the close of play. Magic on 3/121.

First day well and truly went to the Magic, with the Western Wizards needing to take some early wickets tomorrow in order to bring the Magic's lead down.

All of day 2's play will be discussed and reported tomorrow.

Re: Madrid Magic vs Western Wizards first days wrap up.

Ill do day 2's tomorrow, I've gotta head out soon and won't be home for a while.

Great job Breeno, keep it up.

i see you decided to leave out my six overs for 3 runs:mad::p

oh well, dont worry about my day 2 bowling though:eek:

Haha I didn't have time to look at individual stats, more of just a wrap up of the wickets, I'll make sure I put your next best spell of bowling in next time ok? :p

breeno;296195 said:
Haha I didn't have time to look at individual stats, more of just a wrap up of the wickets, I'll make sure I put your next best spell of bowling in next time ok? :p

Yeh i suppose thats ok;):D

"the pressure had built up too much on his batting partner Postmanpav"
- Breeno

pfft doubt it, bad umpiring decision.:rolleyes:

We played to our potential and showed everyone what we've got.

Back