Mickey Arthur to coach Warriors

Ljp86

Staff member
Mickey Arthur to coach Warriors

Mickey Arthur has been appointed as the Western Warriors coach for the next three seasons. Arthur takes over after previous coach Tom Moody quit the position after an unsuccessful three-season period coaching his home state.

New coach Mickey Arthur brings discipline to Western Australia | Australia Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great decision. Arthur is a strict coach but a good one and hopefully he can get the most out of an outfit which underperformed under Moody and has done so for quite a long time.

Big shake-up of WA cricket over winter it looks like with Arthur keen to begin in the position as soon as possible.

Re: Mickey Arthur to coach Warriors

Good move IMO, really with the players over there WA should be one of the top teams, the ones to beat, and that hasn't happened.

Like Arthur as a coach, so big expectations for the next couple of seasons.

Ljp86;395882 said:
Mickey Arthur has been appointed as the Western Warriors coach for the next three seasons. Arthur takes over after previous coach Tom Moody quit the position after an unsuccessful three-season period coaching his home state.

New coach Mickey Arthur brings discipline to Western Australia | Australia Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great decision. Arthur is a strict coach but a good one and hopefully he can get the most out of an outfit which underperformed under Moody and has done so for quite a long time.

Big shake-up of WA cricket over winter it looks like with Arthur keen to begin in the position as soon as possible.

That team really needs a big kick up the backside, I hope he provides it. I feel like there are players coasting along with that 'she'll be right, maaaaaytte ' attitude. Shaun Marsh in the past, maybe not so much last season, Theo D still and Voges to some extent as well. He feels like the underachiever par excellence. The solution to the mystery of him getting an CA contract will remain undiscovered for all time.

Really good news. I hope they both use a stick rather than a carrot (apart from with the real youngsters like Marsh Jr and Coulter-Niles) as I think that lazy bunch need a good scare more than anything else.

Beeswax;399027 said:
Really good news. I hope they both use a stick rather than a carrot (apart from with the real youngsters like Marsh Jr and Coulter-Niles) as I think that lazy bunch need a good scare more than anything else.

All-rounders Justin Coetzee, Theo Doropoulos and Drew Porter, paceman Ben Edmondson and leg-spinner Josh Mangan dropped from the list, so that's a start.

Western Australia squad: David Bandy, Michael Beer, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Liam Davis, Brett Dorey, Chris Gayle (Twenty20), Aaron Heal, Michael Hogan, Matt Johnston, Brad Knowles, Steve Magoffin, Mitchell Marsh, Ashley Noffke, Martin Paskal, Luke Pomersbach, Kemar Roach (Twenty20) Wes Robinson, Luke Ronchi, Michael Swart, Luke Towers.

Rookie contracts: Tom Beaton, Jason Behrendorff, Ryan Duffield, Jake Fawcett, Marcus Harris, Michael Johnson.

Cricket Australia contracts: Michael Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Marsh, Marcus North, Adam Voges.

Western Australia like imported Michael Beer | Cricket News | Global | Cricinfo.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A decent start. Doropolous isn't state level nor are most of the other guys who were dropped. I'm still disappointed we aren't producing our own home grown talent and giving them a go rather than recruiting guys on the fringes of other state squads (e.g Beer and Paskal).

Guys like Heal, Ronchi and Pomersbach need to step it up next season if they want to play at the next level.

ljp mate I can understand your frustration with regards to talent production. It will take time for them to come through if they are not around at the moment. Arthur wont just keep to his contracted squad, he will look around the state for players that he believes are good enough and then give them a chance. When he was the coach of the Warriors prior to the national side he found lots of local talent and gave them more than a chance and if they produced for him on the field then he will look after them.

His idea is quite simple, have a nucleus of mature/ senior players and lots of young talent. From what I saw of Mitchell Marsh, I like the way he carried himself in the IPL. I could not believe that he is so young after looking on the web for more information on. Get ready for players to work harder than before and also a lack of media from his players. The coach and captain speaks to the media and the rest do their talking via on field performances.

Getting rid of Theo D was a good start. He seems like a time-waster for the state.

Mitchell Marsh always looks calm, except the first time he got a bat in the IPL, he looked pretty rattled then.

I am trying to not have too high expectations of Mickey Arthur, my main wish is that he doesn't lose hope too quickly!

Back