mitchell johnson

G

gillyrulz

mitchell johnson

in my point of veiw..............i think johnson is a dud who cant handle the big time..
sure he has had one good game but every other games he has been smacked around and bowled absoulutely ****
he doesnt deserve to be in the ashes team and if he was we would lose for sure.

Re: mitchell johnson

gillyrulz;103033 said:
in my point of veiw..............i think johnson is a dud who cant handle the big time..
sure he has had one good game but every other games he has been smacked around and bowled absoulutely ****

Will be a top bowler, deserves to be in the ashes squad, and is the future of Australias bowling attack along with Lee Cullen Tait etc

The problem we have is that we now have three bowlers of a very similar type, the really fast, attacking strike bowler, in Lee, Johnson and Tait. This is a problem in that you don't want to stack your side by playing three bowlers of this type, because in the wrong conditions they can bleed plenty of runs.

What we need is for more emerging bowlers of the McGrath type as well- in that regard, Stuart Clark's emergence in South Africa was good news. However, given his age, we're not going to have him around for long, and we need more 20something bowlers of that type coming through.

But I do think the selectors will be hesitant about playing more then two of those three quick bowlers in one team. Not really an issue for the Ashes, but it will come up after McGrath retires.

Hope he isn't in the Ashes squad. He's becoming a good bowler but isn't ready for the big time. Don't mind him being played in the ODIs though.

Will be a star bowler in future years. Admitted he is nervous on the big stage and bowls within himself. Won't play Ashes, doesn't deserve to anyway. But hopefully he can play some consistent state cricket and ODI cricket this summer.

gillyrulz;103033 said:

Buddy, he is a rising star. Sure he has been smacked around a little but give the guy a chance.

hey, if we're going to talk about being smacked around, why dont we axe Lee as well because he has the odd off game, jesus the kid is 25, give him a break.

Tait
Johnson

These two guys could be anything. Have shown heaps and are very young.

gillyrulz;103033 said:

righto mate, 3-40 off 10 on a pitch that mcgrath was being belted around early, if thats a dud performance, geez.... cant handle the big time huh? what a load of ********

He will be a star. Denis Lillee one of the greatest bowlers ever said this guy is a once in a lifetime bowler, surely he couldn't be so wrong.

Johnson has suffered many setbacks with severe back injuries then losing his Qld contract due to injury and poor form and now finally he is producing.

4-11 and 3-40 in his past two ODI's show he has settled and his confidence is high. He admitted it took him a while to adjust, very brave to come out and say that and with the support of his captain and teammates could be anything.

Has pace, has swing, has venom, is young. What a future.

Anyone who thinks he is a dud really doens't understand cricket or what he has been through.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;107994 said:
India. Got Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Dhoni

It wasn't Dhoni, it was Pathan who for some unknown reason Chappell has batting at three.Not only that, it was one of the most beautiful text book outswingers you'll ever see.

lol did anyone read the herald sun today? chappell has come out and said that watson hasnt yet shown anyone that hes any good at test level, he said hes ok at ODI's (3-16 off 7) *cough cough* (what indian bowler has done that of recent times) and that he shouldnt be picked for the ashes...

rumblah;108467 said:
lol did anyone read the herald sun today? chappell has come out and said that watson hasnt yet shown anyone that hes any good at test level, he said hes ok at ODI's (3-16 off 7) *cough cough* (what indian bowler has done that of recent times) and that he shouldnt be picked for the ashes...

I often agree with a lot of what Ian Chappell says, but on this occasion he is off the mark IMO.Trouble is the jury is still out as to whether that is performance wise, but I do believe he is ready for test cricket.He's certainy as ready as half tracking imposters like Steve Harmlesson is, and he'd be one of the first picked for the filth.

rumblah;108467 said:

is anyone else sick of all these ex-players selling out to the media every day? its so annoying. like they have ANY idea about the team !

Bowled well again last night capturing the key wicket of Sehwag. 1//33 (8).

Back