mitchell johnson

Re: mitchell johnson

lol kev is ok, afridi, yes you are right there.... mcgrath is a hack though? who wouldve thought.....

rumblah;110570 said:
so i guess what youre saying is that mcgrath and clark are even moreso hacks, because on THAT pitch, they didnt do anything....
no because mcgrath has performed on many, many occasions at international level.

you are judging this (fine mbuck - not hack) sh*tcarter as "the next superstar of australian cricket" based on ONE international performance.

TWO actually, took 3-40 against England too
and you said we were talking about THAT one specific pitch, so f you

McGrath has taken 5 wicket hauls on roads that would put the Princes Highway to shame. It's ridiculous. Johnson averages nearly 30 in List A games and the same at first class level, the only wickets he gets are on the Gabba greentop, he is the bowlers equivalent to a flat-track-bully.

SouthSwans;110584 said:
McGrath has taken 5 wicket hauls on roads that would put the Princes Highway to shame. It's ridiculous. Johnson averages nearly 30 in List A games and the same at first class level, the only wickets he gets are on the Gabba greentop, he is the bowlers equivalent to a flat-track-bully.

and hes taken 13 wickets at an average of 24.84 for Australia. mcgraths average is 22.57. im not saying that johnson is the next mcgrath, but theres alot of similarity between the two, apart from the obvious bowling arm.

rumblah;110585 said:
and hes taken 13 wickets at an average of 24.84 for Australia. mcgraths average is 22.57. im not saying that johnson is the next mcgrath, but theres alot of similarity between the two, apart from the obvious bowling arm.
...and I'm not saying that Johnson deserves to be shot, but all of his wickets have come on bowlers tracks in conditions that suit quick bowlers, and that his first class record is less than flash. It puzzles me how he got into the Aussie side in the first place...

ok if the pitches he got his wickets on are "bowlers tracks", why couldnt mcgrath or clark get wickets when johnson took 4-11, you cant say that he hasnt any skill.

In an innings that lasted fourteen overs, he performed very well in that short burst, that is granted, but one spell doesnt make a champion. My initial point was he has had one very good game and compounded with his sub-par First class statistics, he shouldnt be touted as the next champion of Australian cricket too early. Maybe I was harsh in calling him a hack, but there are plenty of other bowlers out there who could do as good or better than what Mitchell Johnson can do.

rumblah;110577 said:
TWO actually, took 3-40 against England too
and you said we were talking about THAT one specific pitch, so f you

No need for that rumblah, attack the statement, not the poster.

My post was written in rush, and was supppose to have "he is to play Test Cricket"

SouthSwans;110596 said:
In an innings that lasted fourteen overs, he performed very well in that short burst, that is granted, but one spell doesnt make a champion. My initial point was he has had one very good game and compounded with his sub-par First class statistics, he shouldnt be touted as the next champion of Australian cricket too early. Maybe I was harsh in calling him a hack, but there are plenty of other bowlers out there who could do as good or better than what Mitchell Johnson can do.

like who... please dont say Dorey, he is a hack.

SouthSwans;110707 said:
1-38 off 7, nothing special if you're calling him the next big thing in cricket.

south swans, why would u get stuck in2 the future of Australian Bowling. If u knew Mitchell Johnson which u obviously dont, you wouldnt get stuck in2 him, u would say he is the future. if u havent got anything constructive to say about Australian cricketers, or Johnson for that fact please dont say anything at all.

No, not Dorey.

Bracken, Clark, Tait, Gillespie, Watson, Rofe, Bichel, Kasprowicz and Hilfienhaus are all better, and to a lesser extent Denton, Harwood and Lewis.

jamie_yob29;110774 said:
south swans, why would u get stuck in2 the future of Australian Bowling. If u knew Mitchell Johnson which u obviously dont, you wouldnt get stuck in2 him, u would say he is the future. if u havent got anything constructive to say about Australian cricketers, or Johnson for that fact please dont say anything at all.
Mate, youve been around for 10 posts, I'm a big rap for Australians, but I don't overrate them like many people here. If you actually looked at the facts you would realise what you just said is stupid. And I may sound arrogant, but I dont really take in your naive, youthful opinion, you cant go parading around applauding your 'favourites' without having something to back it up.

SouthSwans;110786 said:
No, not Dorey.

Bracken, Clark, Tait, Gillespie, Watson, Rofe, Bichel, Kasprowicz and Hilfienhaus are all better, and to a lesser extent Denton, Harwood and Lewis.

Some of what is written above is ludicrous. Lewis, 10-0-113-0.

Johnson is a much better player than all those Victorians listed. Denton, Bichel, Gillespie and Kasprowicz are too old to be getting a game now and they've done nothing significant of late to be even considered for getting a berth. They've had their chance and they blew it.

And Rofe and Harwood haven't done anything impressive either.

Tait and Bracken I agree with, they should be a getting a game especially when Tait manages to get some form and a good amount of bowling done for South Australia.

Don't know about Watson, I don't think he is right for the test side, ODI's he should be in there.

SouthSwans;110786 said:
No, not Dorey.

thank god you said no to Dorey..... Clark, Gillespie, Bichel, Kaspa and Denton are all over 30. we need some youth, we have about 4 (could be a little bit off) players in the current squad under the age of 30. youth is needed.

Ljp86;110791 said:
Some of what is written above is ludicrous. Lewis, 10-0-113-0.

rumblah;110799 said:
thank god you said no to Dorey..... Clark, Gillespie, Bichel, Kaspa and Denton are all over 30. we need some youth, we have about 4 (could be a little bit off) players in the current squad under the age of 30. youth is needed.
Ie. Tait, Bracken, Rofe, Watson, Hilfenhaus

Watson is not and will never be one of our future hopes in bowling. The only way he is getting a game is as a batsman.

For me Tait, Bracken and Johnson hold the future as bowlers at the moment.

Back