mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

drove past St marys ground today appered to be playing a practice match not sure against who. any other praccy matches going on?

Just seen the season fixtures list. We are playing some Sunday games?? WTF?

First couple of rounds some teams play Saturday, and a couple of games are Sunday. I can't see the reason (ie ground sharing, etc) but maybe I'm missing something???

Ollie, reason for Sunday games early in the season is a number of grounds still being worked on.

I think Hallam and Raeburn are being worked on.

mmvca;103039 said:
good luck for the year guys, lets hope its a close one this year:)

Yeah good luck, see you in round 7! :)

Should be an interesting year, looking forward to it!

The Sunday game we play in round 2 was a bonus as I was unavailable for that Saturday - so worked out beautifully for me! :)

How's everyone's early season form? There were some reasonable performances last week.

Unfortunately something has gone wrong with the assoc. website so no idea who won and lost on the weekend. Anybody know of results?

Unco;106535 said:
How's everyone's early season form? There were some reasonable performances last week.

Unfortunately something has gone wrong with the assoc. website so no idea who won and lost on the weekend. Anybody know of results?

im having the same god damn problem, and it is annoying the crap outta me!

further to the bs about playing on sundays, our game against pacco this week has been rescheduled to this sunday and the following sunday. not happy at all. i wonder what would have happened had the president of the competition not been playing for pascoe vale:rolleyes:

I think you playing Sunday this round has more to do with the council's inability to have Pascoe Vale's ground ready than any conspiracy of Brett's.

And you get your chance for revenge anyway. He opens the batting and his early season form has been very ordinary. Get Granty to give him a couple of nice ones.

Unco;107586 said:
I think you playing Sunday this round has more to do with the council's inability to have Pascoe Vale's ground ready than any conspiracy of Brett's.

And you get your chance for revenge anyway. He opens the batting and his early season form has been very ordinary. Get Granty to give him a couple of nice ones.

well, we have had our 1st sunday experience for the year yesterday, and what a beautiful day for cricket it was. pity we lost the toss and had to bowl, as we fielded all day.

hats off to pacco though, they batted really well. we did bowl fairly well, but they didnt take too many risks. jonny grant was great, 21 overs for 36 runs and 3 wkts i think.

well, we have the job ahead of us next week, but u guys should get down to morris next sunday and hopefully we can turn it on and get the chockies.

how did you boys fair on the w/e? ollie i heard u guys have already lost 1st innings?

Yeah we did lose on first innings. We have been decimated through injuries and our kids doing exams etc. We have had at least six changes to our first team EVERY week so far, and that trend looks likely to continue this week!

We battled on to not lose outright. I thought they would declare overnight and just see what we could come up with, but they batted on until we got them all out. Personally I'm seeing the ball real well, just haven't had any luck so far this season.

How did you guys end up???

ollie73;109981 said:
Yeah we did lose on first innings. We have been decimated through injuries and our kids doing exams etc. We have had at least six changes to our first team EVERY week so far, and that trend looks likely to continue this week!

We battled on to not lose outright. I thought they would declare overnight and just see what we could come up with, but they batted on until we got them all out. Personally I'm seeing the ball real well, just haven't had any luck so far this season.

How did you guys end up???

Who you play for

Clearly the MMVCA is better. We believe our ground is the best in the competition and should be used for A turf finals, but for some reason the admin of the comp don't agree!!

So who do/did you play for that you obviously know a little bit about us???

I've just had word from our secretary that the Association wants to change our game to Sunday this week as Merlynstons ground is still unfit for play. I can tell you one thing - I won't be playing if this does happen!! They have given us three options. Play Sunday at 1) our ground 2)a neutral ground. Or 3) reschedule to a Sunday in the future. Most of my players are not available to play Sunday due to long weekend/work/study for exams. Our team would be even more decimated than it is already. I'm going away Sunday morning for three days. They better agree on option 3 or this is a joke...

ollie73;110158 said:
Clearly the MMVCA is better. We believe our ground is the best in the competition and should be used for A turf finals, but for some reason the admin of the comp don't agree!!

So who do/did you play for that you obviously know a little bit about us???

the western churches comp is getting better with the introduction of turf recently but I agree MMVCA is stronger with 3 Turf grades and 5 matting grades. Its a shame that MMVCA has no juniors has they are with the North West Comp?

Your ground does not used by MMVCA becuase you not a City Of Moreland club has the MMVCA and Morland council have agreements in place over.

Opening Batsman;110197 said:
the western churches comp is getting better with the introduction of turf recently but I agree MMVCA is stronger with 3 Turf grades and 5 matting grades. Its a shame that MMVCA has no juniors has they are with the North West Comp?

Your ground does not used by MMVCA becuase you not a City Of Moreland club has the MMVCA and Morland council have agreements in place over.

They did play B Turf finals there last year though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back