Money Shield 2013/2014

Congratulations to Nick Curtin and all the boys from Bundoora United on their win on the weekend. In an absolute cracker of a Grand Final, that both teams fought their guts out for 160 overs, they were the better team on the day, and deserved all the accolades. The Eltham boys can put their heads up high after the effort and challenge they put up.

Arguably one of the better Grand Finals you'll see, going down to the last over, and both teams played the game in very good spirits and would be why there is a deep mutual respect between both clubs.

Congratulations to Skips on getting man of the match honors, pretty hard for anyone to play a better individual game.

Money Shield:

Bundoora United (7/229) will be promoted to Barclay Shield after defeating Eltham (7/228) in a very tight Money Shield Final. Day 2 started with Eltham facing 7 overs to complete their innings, with Mark Minney (128) adding another 26 runs to his overnight score as Eltham reached 7 for 228. Scott Barnett (5/72) added two wickets to his haul to finish up with five for the innings.

Bundoora United were off to a great start with a 72-run opening partnership between Mathew Ross (25) and Corey Cogan (93). Cogan and Nick Curtin (25) then combined for another half-century partnership before Cogan was dismissed in the 59th over with the score on 2 for 150. Curtin fell soon after to Mark Minney (3/57) and match was back in the balance.

The last hour of play was a terrific and tense battle as regular wickets began to fall with Conlan Gunn (14), Lance Rigby (21) and Scott Barnett (7) falling to Minney and Scott Gibbs (1/63). The match came down to the final over with Bundoora United triumphing with just 4 balls to spares.

From the DVCA website

Congratulations to Nick Curtin and all the boys from Bundoora United on their win on the weekend. In an absolute cracker of a Grand Final, that both teams fought their guts out for 160 overs, they were the better team on the day, and deserved all the accolades. The Eltham boys can put their heads up high after the effort and challenge they put up.

Arguably one of the better Grand Finals you'll see, going down to the last over, and both teams played the game in very good spirits and would be why there is a deep mutual respect between both clubs.

Congratulations to Skips on getting man of the match honors, pretty hard for anyone to play a better individual game.

Thanks Tongs, was the greatest day of cricket, from both teams, Skips and Corey both standing tall on the big stage.

Capped off the best year of cricket seen at the Kennel. 1's, 2's, T20, Vets, U/12's all winning the flag, and the 3's beaten in the last few overs.

A great game, in the balance for a long time.

Hope that we didn't leave the AWAY rooms to messy!!!

Thanks Tongs, was the greatest day of cricket, from both teams, Skips and Corey both standing tall on the big stage.

Capped off the best year of cricket seen at the Kennel. 1's, 2's, T20, Vets, U/12's all winning the flag, and the 3's beaten in the last few overs.

A great game, in the balance for a long time.

Hope that we didn't leave the AWAY rooms to messy!!!

I know most people said it last week about Skips hundred, and its still the best innings of the game, but Cogan's hit was one of the better hits you'll see in a Grand Final. He hit the ball so cleanly all day, from ball one and set the win up. Brilliant innings. Bloody huge six straight down the ground and into the creek.

I am not sure what state the rooms were in, I would have thought that you personally would've made sure they were spotless! I trust you enjoyed the hospitality of the club.

lower eltham turning into a bigger disgrace year after year. Jet getting a free ride because of his little brother protecting him. or maybe he threatened to fight more people down there? L.Poyser also tainted with the untouchable brush. now they are dropping donaldson to e grade to win to qualify for finals. Very mill park like.
hey Jason , how is the Oracle working for you , still hiding in the bushes ?

I know most people said it last week about Skips hundred, and its still the best innings of the game, but Cogan's hit was one of the better hits you'll see in a Grand Final. He hit the ball so cleanly all day, from ball one and set the win up. Brilliant innings. Bloody huge six straight down the ground and into the creek.

I am not sure what state the rooms were in, I would have thought that you personally would've made sure they were spotless! I trust you enjoyed the hospitality of the club.

Unbelievable innings, Skips was like a rock and made a target that we had to chase, and then also did his part with the ball and in the field, but Corey just blew it apart. His straight driving was bullet like, and taking the creek on, well, we knew, or I knew, that he had it in him, as he smashed me at training last Tuesday and said, 'that's six' and I said, 'bloody long hit at Eltham'....well, he got there.

Hospitality was top notch, and as our skipper told us, "finals are played at Eltham, drive under the bridge, and switch on".

Back