Music Thread

futureblackcap

I love a big range of music. These are some of my favourite bands and musicians:

Thirty Seconds to Mars
Skillet
The Script (no shame haha)
Robbie Williams
Pendulum
Pink
Of Monsters and Men
Nightwish
Nickelback
Newton Faulkner
The Naked and Famous
Matchbox Twenty
Linkin Park
The Killers
James Blunt
Good Charlotte
Empire of the Sun
Ed Sheeran
Coldplay
Calvin Harris
Breaking Benjamin
Blue October
AWOLNATION

List some of your favourite bands and musicians.

Kram81

I quite like Ladyhawke even though she's a bloody kiwi :) Mostly listen to old stuff at least 10 years+ old these days, really should get with the times..

Been to just a few concerts..
Nine Inch Nails in Sydney
Marylin Manson in Melbourne and Perth
PJ Harvey
Korn
Grinspoon and Regurgitator

troll3y

I'm a musician, and quite a critical one, so my interests shy well away from the popular and gravitate to the underground and unsigned scenes. I like -- and write like -- melodic punk bands like Knuckle Puck, Real Friends, and Times New Roman.

futureblackcap

I'm a musician, and quite a critical one, so my interests shy well away from the popular and gravitate to the underground and unsigned scenes. I like -- and write like -- melodic punk bands like Knuckle Puck, Real Friends, and Times New Roman.

I never saw you as the musician type. Must be more to you than meets the eye. :)

My three favourite bands are Pink Floyd, Beatles and Radiohead.

My favourite individual musicians are Michael Jackson, David Gilmour, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison, Thom Yorke, Freddie Mercury and Slash.

My favourite albums are Wish You Were Here, Abbey Road, Animals and OK Computer.

someblokecalleddave

Yeah my taste is pretty eclectic...

Beach Boys
The Action
Dick Dale
A lot of 'Northern Soul' music
A lot of early 'Ska'.
The Yardbirds
The Small Faces
The Trashmen
Painters and Dockers
PJ Harvey
The Smiths
The Stone Roses
Acid House (Late 88-90 period)
The La's
Kula Shaker
Oasis
Blur
The Sundays
The Specials
Dido
The Slits
The Jam
Purple Hearts
Long Tall Shorty
Modest Mouse
Selecter
Madness
The Beat
Back to Zero
Manic Street Preachers
The Cure
Theatre of Hate
Blondie
The Meteors
The Jungle Brothers
Public Enemy
Loads or Tamla Motown
The Style Council
Killing Joke
PIL
KLF
The Libertines
The Streets
The Delays
Amy Winehouse

Last thing I listened to was PJ Harvey

Kram81

Went to see PJ Harvey play at an amphitheater once but the weather kinda ruined it, of course we hadn't had a drop of rain in Perth for the preceding 2 months before that night..

futureblackcap

My music tastes seems to change quite a bit. I don't listen to a lot of the bands I mentioned earlier anymore.

I now listen more to Arctic Monkeys, I am Giant, The All American Rejects and a lot more indy type rock bands..

futureblackcap

Been listening to this song today. It gets inside your head but really good all the same!

EDIT: I've also changed the name of this thread to the "Music Thread" as it seems more appropriate.