Nairobi Nuggets vs Kingston Kings First Day Wrap up.

breeno

Nairobi Nuggets vs Kingston Kings First Day Wrap up.

This is it, This match saw the Nairobi Nuggets (1st) take on the Kingston Kings (4th) in the test match at the T.O.C.A oval today.

The Kingston Kings won the toss and elected to bat on a normal conditioned pitch.

Guru and Symonds walked out knowing they had a job to do and that job was to hang around and see to it that the Kings don't lose a wicket for a while. They came out aggressively having 22 runs on the board before Symonds was caught behind on a measly 7 runs.

Therbs then came to the crease at No.3 and came out very defensively, letting Guru do most of the damage. His defensive playing saw him only face 14 balls for 6 runs before LJP86 delivered one of the most amazing balls ever, bowling Therbs out.

Hougie came out all guns blazing smashing a four off his second ball although his partner Guru went out very soon after Hougie came in, falling for 23, leaving the Kings reeling at 3/44.

Ballhitter arrived at the crease. Ballhitter and Hougie put on a 45 run partnership and were looking solid until Ballhitter was brilliantly caught by Jimmy33 off Weapons for 21.

KShitiz then arrived at the crease and delivered a quickfire 9 off 10 balls before playing onto his stumps off of Bluto11.

SAHawkette arrived at the crease with the aim of stopping the flow of wickets, and that they did, Hougie and SAHawkette putting on a 99 run partnership before SAHawkette was given out LBW to Kram81.

Frodo arrived at the crease with Hougie on 95 and Hougie didn't add anything to his score being dismissed plumb LBW to Bluto11.

The new man at the crease (MC), must have distracted Frodo who fell for a duck just 7 balls after Hougie was dismissed. LJP86 claimed the wicket.

Fred fell for a duck and Jimmy13 was in, making a quickfire 14* before MC was dismissed on 6 by LJP86 for 10.

The Nairobi Nuggets openers, Sean and Jimmy33 then walked out to the crease, happy that the bowlers did their job and dismissed the Kingston Kings for 226.

Jimmy33 fell in the fifth over for 9 off the bowling of MC. Benny then came to the crease to join Sean who had been batting well and Benny fell very quickly for just 4.

Southswans came out wary of the collapse that happened to the Kings and with the Nuggets 2/30 who could blame him. Sean and Southswans saw the day through without further loss, leaving the Nuggets at a good position at 2/76 leaving Sean on 41* and Southswans on 19*.

Day two's play should be an interesting one.

Re: Nairobi Nuggets vs Kingston Kings First Day Wrap up.

Great work breeno. @|

It's gonna be tough if you're planning on doing one of these after every day though. :p

Yeah it will be tough, Ill do it for this round of tests and see how I cope.

Shoudl I continue doing on at the end of days play for these tests or just skip to the end of the game?

Up to you mate.

Takes a lot of effort, for little to no reward.

breeno;296188 said:
Frodo arrived at the crease with Hougie on 95 and Hougie didn't add anything to his score being dismissed plumb LBW to Bluto11.

Bullshit it was.

Ump was on the turps I think. The ball nearly hit me on the scon, plumb indeed... :rolleyes:;)

hougie;296216 said:
Bullshit it was.

Ump was on the turps I think. The ball nearly hit me on the scon, plumb indeed... :rolleyes:;)

Read the Sim Hougs. :p You just weren't good enough haha.

breeno;296411 said:
Read the Sim Hougs. :p You just weren't good enough haha.

I was at the other end. Disgraceful decision. Should have been a no ball due to the height!!!

Back