New Aussy Army

shanej

New Aussy Army

Gday Guys, me and a few mates are thinking of creating a new group dedicated to supporting Australia. We Just think that on home soil there is not enough organised support. Below is the initial concept, its very much in the planning stage. Please comment/ critisize and tell us what you think

A group dedicated to creating a Cheer squad for our National sporting teams. The Idea is to replicate the type of support schools have at events such as head of the river. This group is by no means having a go at the "fanatics" as they are unriveld when is comes to supporting Australians overseas. It is at home that we belive Australia deserves more organised support and that is the primary aim of this group. To bring together people to disscuss how this might be bought about.

Its Time Australia had supporters to Rival the Barmy Army. We have been called dull, uncreative and passive. Its time to show the Poms and the world that this isnt true and that we can chant and sledge with the best of them.

If we get organised, our first test could be against the West Indies and Pakistan at the cricket this summer. So invite your freinds, be active and check back daily for updates. Below are a few suggestions and Ideas to get the ball rolling please comment and suggest ways in which we can make the aussy army a reality.

1. The first Thing needed is to create a leadership Team. if you want to be involved please message me indicating your interest in a leadership position.

2. I do not envisage their being any formal membership or fees associated with the "Aussy Army". I Think it should just be a group who agree to meet and sit together and be loud and proud. If you disagree please comment.

3. We need a Aussy Army symbol, so anyone with talent for art or desighn if you could give creating one a go it would be much appreciated.

4. I considerd the idea of getting schools involved directly, For example getting the students in charge of school cheer squads and using them as a base for the new group. I know in Melboure Xavier ,Melbourne Grammer and St Kevins are all famouse for their vocal and creative support. The idea of combineing them in support of Australia is rather romantic. Im sure their are simmiler school support groups across the country. If you think this would work or are a member of such a group please message me so we can talk about how you can be involved.

5. The simplest and cheapest way I can see of organising a cheer Squad would be to sit in general admission and get their really early so we can sit together. We could book bottom level seats but this would be expensive and would limit numbers. Again please comment and tell us what You think.

6. I think a March would be intimidating, I can see a group of 300 guys and girls Marching from Richmond Sation to the G being provocative and patriotic.

7. We need songs/chants to sing. At The Aps athletics last year I was impressed by the range of chants Xavier and Stkevins had at their disposal. We need a similer amount of chants we can pull out. Please start posting them and I will compile an official song booklet. Post the obivouse and the witty, the old and the new.

8. Any other comments or ideas please comment.

9. We are thinking of using social networking sites like face book to get the group of the ground.

Re: New Aussy Army

shanej;356166 said:
A group dedicated to creating a Cheer squad for our National sporting teams. The Idea is to replicate the type of support schools have at events such as head of the river. This group is by no means having a go at the "fanatics" as they are unriveld when is comes to supporting Australians overseas. It is at home that we belive Australia deserves more organised support and that is the primary aim of this group. To bring together people to disscuss how this might be bought about.
The Fanatics actually do a lot of tours domestically, including a full programme following the Australian Test series.

I'd suggest getting involved with that rather than setting up your own rival group.

Caesar;356171 said:
The Fanatics actually do a lot of tours domestically, including a full programme following the Australian Test series.

I'd suggest getting involved with that rather than setting up your own rival group.

The differance between what im proposing and the fanatics is essentially ours would be less formal. The fanatics is more for interstate spectators and is essentially a commericial operation/. Having said that we are talking to the fanatics about having a local group to back up their efforts. By their own admission they are currently no match for the barmy army and thats largley due to a lack of numbers and support.

1. Is this a pisstake?
2. Spell Aussie right. Its Aussie not Aussy.
3. How many of your "mates" want to run this idea?
4. I would be willing to have a go.

Back