New Zealand Tour Of Uae

futureblackcap

Ross Taylor might not recover in time for the first Test but it looks as if Williamson will be fine to start in the first match.

Test Squad:
Brendon McCullum (c) - Otago Volts
Corey Anderson - Northern Knights
Trent Boult - Northern Knights
Doug Bracewell - Central Stags
Mark Craig - Otago Volts
Tom Latham - Canterbury
James Neesham - Otago Volts
Luke Ronchi - Wellington Firebirds
Hamish Rutherford - Otago Volts
Ish Sodhi - Northern Knights
Tim Southee - Northern Knights
Ross Taylor - Central Stags
Neil Wagner - Otago Volts
BJ Watling - Northern Knights
Kane Williamson - Northern Knights

The big news is actually in the A squad with Jesse Ryder back in with a chance of playing in the World Cup.

New Zealand A squad: Kyle Mills (capt.), Dean Brownlie, Derek de Boorder, Colin de Grandhomme, Anton Devcich, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Mitchell, McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Adam Milne, Colin Munro, Jesse Ryder, Daniel Vettori

I wonder if NZ can at least be competitive, I guess they can't do much worse than Australia atm.

Mon Nov 3 - Wed Nov 5 - Pakistan A v New Zealanders
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Sun Nov 9 - Thu Nov 13 - 1st Test - New Zealand v Pakistan
Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Mon Nov 17 - Fri Nov 21 - 2nd Test - New Zealand v Pakistan
Dubai International Cricket Stadium

Wed Nov 26 - Sun Nov 30 - 3rd Test - New Zealand v Pakistan
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Thu Dec 4 - 1st T20I - New Zealand v Pakistan

Fri Dec 5 - 2nd T20I - New Zealand v Pakistan

Mon Dec 8 - 1st ODI - New Zealand v Pakistan

Fri Dec 12 - 2nd ODI - New Zealand v Pakistan
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Sun Dec 14 - 3rd ODI - New Zealand v Pakistan
Sharjah Cricket Stadium

Wed Dec 17 - 4th ODI - New Zealand v Pakistan

Fri Dec 19 - 5th ODI - New Zealand v Pakistan

My interest in this series is piqued, due to the belting Pakistan gave to Australia. Understandably, Pakistan are favourites. It'll be interesting to compare the maulings they'd have given to the ANZAC teams.

Unlike other Pakistan teams of the past I think this mob wont slack off and drop their guard against a team like NZ

I hope they don't. I don't think Pakistan is as fashionable country to have tour your country (Unlike England, Australia or SA). But if they can get some momentum and continue to flog opponents, it maybe be a shot in the arm that'd be good for test cricket.

I also notice fbc made the same mistake I did. It's UAE, not Uae. Makes me feel good.

I also notice fbc made the same mistake I did. It's UAE, not Uae. Makes me feel good.
Ha.

I think there is some glitch on here when you create a thread title where you can't have capitals in a row, forexampleearlier in the year I started an AFL season thread and it came up as 'Afl' when posted.

First Test in a couple of hours, swim after lunch and then with it 38 degrees outside the rest of the arvo inside in front of the TV I think :cool:

I wonder if NZ can at least be competitive, I guess they can't do much worse than Australia atm.
I will bet that NZ does not to bad. The Aussies were very under prepared and to be honest looked to be indifferent most of the time as to whether they could be bothered playing or not.

And Pakistan win yet another toss and bat first..

0 for 37, good batting conditions again might be a long day at the office for the NZ bowlers.

Bloody heck Watling that was a shocking miss for a stumping. Ronchi would never have stuffed that up :D

And Sodhi might have Hafeez here.. Damn just fell short :(

I will bet that NZ does not to bad. The Aussies were very under prepared and to be honest looked to be indifferent most of the time as to whether they could be bothered playing or not.

We only had one three day warm-up match as well so we are definitely 'under-cooked' as they like to say.

I don't think I've ever seen more of a road!

EDIT: I shouldn't have said that as we haven't batted yet.. :oops:

Last edited:
You've got to be worried when NZ say the pitch is low and slow!

In saying that Pakistan win in the UAE because they keep their discipline with bat and ball, the pitch hasn't really played any tricks to aid them during their wins there. Hopefully NZ can show the same levels of concentration.

Hafeez will be spewin about that brain melt yesterday to get out on 96.

It was a well bowled slower ball. I'm surprised the Blackcaps didn't bowl more slower deliveries yesterday as they seemed to be the only balls that were slightly difficult to play on an extremely placid pitch.

Back