Nmca 2018/19

Can you confirm if socials have signed 1 of the Sri Lankan’s from cobras?? A few guys talking about it at the B grade grand final

No I can’t confirm that. I’m sure any recruiting news, across all clubs, will be announced through the appropriate channels in due time

Cobras desperate for numbers from the looks of it. Asking for any players to join.
Straight up and straight down.
Maybe only Keon Park could be worse. Will be interesting.

The A grade teams should be right for numbers you would imagine. Maybe only Keon the exception, so many have left that club. Credit to the captain for sticking it out.

again keon park literally next door to donath, and tho they are shit mayston are also next door. its not sustainable. cobras, socials, olympic, camrea, baseballers and footballers also all in the same corridor. cameron and ycw literally next door as well. the days of being able to run a comp like this are over. committees with the balls and drive to merge are needed or most of these clubs will go to the wall.

again keon park literally next door to donath, and tho they are shit mayston are also next door. its not sustainable. cobras, socials, olympic, camrea, baseballers and footballers also all in the same corridor. cameron and ycw literally next door as well. the days of being able to run a comp like this are over. committees with the balls and drive to merge are needed or most of these clubs will go to the wall.
The competition will wait for directions from Cricket Victoria and go from there. The committee is the reason the comp is dead. It’s only a matter of time before the well run clubs pick up and look for greener pastures. Cobras and Keon could be competing for flags in the next year or two when the exodus happens

Is there any truth to the rumor going around last season about Keon & donath combining??

Wouldn't expect we would want to give up the name or have a combined name being a club with a proud history.
To be honest we are lucky to still be in A grade given performances over recent years.

Wouldn't expect we would want to give up the name or have a combined name being a club with a proud history.
To be honest we are lucky to still be in A grade given performances over recent years.

That’s a fair assessment. I was just wondering if there had been a conversation between the two clubs. Make a half decent side in B grade

Is this the beginning of the end for Keon Park?

I’d say they’re a much better chance to rebuild their club from B grade than if they stayed in A grade.

The league still committing to have 8 teams in A grade though so will be interesting to see who fills the position with Socials and Keon knocking it back.

Cameron probably a good choice winning 12 games and with their 2’s already in Jika Reserves. They have better depth than any of the other B grade clubs.

Last edited:
I’d say they’re a much better chance to rebuild their club from B grade than if they stayed in A grade.

The league still committing to have 8 teams in A grade though so will be interesting to see who fills the position with Socials and Keon knocking it back.

Cameron probably a good choice winning 12 games and with their 2’s already in Jika Reserves. They have better depth than any of the other B grade clubs.
Might as well have a bye in A grade next year. Neither of those teams will win a game.

Back