North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

Fariq;390055 said:
Out of Curiosity what teams have shown interest? Wyndham Vale had previously shown interest have they done so one again?

10 beer trip from Craigieburn to Wyndhamvale next season maybe?

The finals have finally arrived people and it is time for those involved to put up or shut up - especially a certain club in A1...

My tips - The Valley to get over a very tough FU. They have hardly put a foot wrong in their 1st year up and i really hope they get ther just deserts and win

I reckon Centrals in a very low scoring affair - could even be a second innings result

In B1, I am going to tip an upset - Abers to knock off Jacana at Jacana; If i were from Abers, after all the dramas at Jacana this year, i would have potentially asked the VTCA to move the game to a netural venue. Saying that though, i reckon if they can bat to their potential, they should knock them off

In the other game, I am going to tip Aber Park in a closer than expected game. You can count on the fact that their pitch wil be a belter for both sides, there could be a few runs scored, but the Parkers should get the chocolates

Good luck to all involved and lets hope weather doesnt play a part

Fariq;390054 said:
Not particularly sure what your previous response meant, but by sounds of it you displined/terminated them from the club?

Also know that W/C 2nds bowler P.Green has created some interest from Richmond C.C
all our young players will go to footscray ., being a western suburbs boy iwould like to see footscray a force . it great to see our young players getting rewarded for there hard work , we must be doing something right down werribee way

Finals time.... good to see the chat returning to cricket....

Given I play for FUCC its hard to be tipping in North A... I will say Moonee Valley are clearly a very good side, deservedly finished top and smashed us on weekend, but we have plenty of upside... Blokes who have been excellent all year had bad days and hopefully that wont happen again - bat down to 10 or 11 so we will be a real chance too - should be great game

St Albans for me will knock over Werribee - Both have excellent attacks but as someone just posted, St Albans have more batting.... I cant see Werribee making many against them so I'll tip a FUCC (bias) v St Albans granny !

In North B after years playing against them I cant tip Abers to beat anyone so whilst not being a North B expert Jacana v Aber Park looks likely !!!

Lets hope I get 4 from 4 but I'll happily take 1 from 4 if its our game :)

phil crea;390068 said:
all our young players will go to footscray ., being a western suburbs boy iwould like to see footscray a force . it great to see our young players getting rewarded for there hard work , we must be doing something right down werribee way

sounds like your a great coach Phil... get many offers from other clubs?

softcricketer;390426 said:
I agree Pan_ _[should be a great finals series i know our side as trained pretty hard in the last month , everyone knows the semi is the hardest game to win , if u dont have pride passion and respect for your oppenents and of course the eye of the tiger u dont win finals

Finals selections for Nth B...

Aberfeldie Park v Kingsville Baptists:
I'll tip A/Park to easily win this game.Kingy are going into this semi with no form to speak of at all, and you'd think A/Park's motivation for this one would be huge after missing out last season after a great home & away season. Good first season back in the comp by Kingy to make the finals, but I think it ends this weekend.

Jacana v Aberfeldie:
I'll tip the home side here, but I agree with previous opinions that this will be a close one. Good batting performance from Jacana against Kingy last week, now the challenge for them is to put it together in a final on a big ground with a wicket which may suit the bowlers. Abers seem a pretty evenly balanced side for mine, with different players stepping up each game. I get the feeling Jacana's season may hinge on the skipper and how many runs he gets here. Be surprised if either side makes a score of over 170.

Let's hear other people's thoughts/tips.

Fariq;390055 said:
Out of Curiosity what teams have shown interest? Wyndham Vale had previously shown interest have they done so one again?

Not sure which teams. Heard 2 were from Willy comp and 2 from Moreland/Moonee Valley comp.

CheeQuee;390434 said:
Finals selections for Nth B...

Aberfeldie Park v Kingsville Baptists:
I'll tip A/Park to easily win this game.Kingy are going into this semi with no form to speak of at all, and you'd think A/Park's motivation for this one would be huge after missing out last season after a great home & away season. Good first season back in the comp by Kingy to make the finals, but I think it ends this weekend.

Jacana v Aberfeldie:
I'll tip the home side here, but I agree with previous opinions that this will be a close one. Good batting performance from Jacana against Kingy last week, now the challenge for them is to put it together in a final on a big ground with a wicket which may suit the bowlers. Abers seem a pretty evenly balanced side for mine, with different players stepping up each game. I get the feeling Jacana's season may hinge on the skipper and how many runs he gets here. Be surprised if either side makes a score of over 170.

Let's hear other people's thoughts/tips.
Great round up Chee Quee...

I tip Aber Park easily, from the looks of it they smashed Seabrook with all of the big names having an input with the Bat and Ball..

In the other game, I suspect a bit more of a even contest... But i beleive that Abers will provail.. Jacana probably would be happy not have to play on thier own deck !!

Aber Park - Aber GF... With the Parkers taking it home !!

Snagglepuss;390080 said:
Not sure which teams. Heard 2 were from Willy comp and 2 from Moreland/Moonee Valley comp.

Sound like we have a leak.
Why would u put that out there for the masses Snaggle?
Is there any benefit in this gossip?
Just leads to rumours and inuendo.
It would be good if real info was out there though.
I'm sure clubs are just feeling out the vtca nothing is in concrete im sure.

well, we have finished our first season in this new competition and although our firsts finished without a win, I don't think we did too badly. Because of our players missing from last season (I know can't have that excuse every week) we were filling gaps from round 1 and in the last round we were still filling 2-3 gaps.

without blaming our lack of players, we still weren't far away from winning a few games. Our 2 dayer against Aberfeldie would have come down to the wire except Idiot umpire Deepak (I know you guys know him :p) gave out our batsman that was in for 60 overs LBW metre outside the crease and smashing it. Aberfeldie Park would have gone down to the wire too with us only needing 45-50 runs on the second day. Even in the last round against Flemington, we had them 6-80, their captain came in and was caught behind twice, and their opener was plumb once, but the umpire (Steve Rocca) had nothing of it. It is interesting to note that when talking to Flemington after, they did say they thought the captain hit it, and looking at what was after him, we would have won that game pretty easily.
Seems like throughout the year we were beaten by the paid players of the comp (I am assuming here).

But enough on that. I would like to thank the teams of North B for being welcoming of us (and probably kingy and roosters) coming into the comp. I was expecting the 'where the hell did these guys come from?' or 'go bak to ur own comp' mentality, but instead you guys were great especially Aberfeldie Park, and we will be there next season to try and drink you out of alcohol again :p. Sorry guys, you didn't win our $1000 draw on saturday but thanks for buying some tickets.

well that is all from me, sorry to make you read all this. We will see you all next season and hopefully with a few more wins under our belts.

phil crea;390077 said:
just signed a 4year contract ,this will be my last club i will play at or coach

In previous posts you claimed to have signed to a 2 year commitment and now you are saying its four, make your mind up.

Should be some great games this weekend.

Everyone keeps writing off M/valley including me but the just keep winning.

Winning form is good form so i will tip them this weekend agaist F/U. Should be a cracking game and i can see this game being high scoring.

St. Albans v W/Central. What a game 4 very good quicks in this game. Have thought for a while W/Centrals would win the G/F but was thinking this game would be the Grand final.
As it's the S/f just have a gut feel St.Albans will get up but should be ripping game.

Good luck to all players and teams in final's this weekend hope the weather is fine and the best teams win

This weeks 2nd day of round 11 looks to be heavily focused upon Albion vs werribee centrals where looks like either team has a chance of winning with outright points. Should be very interesting, unless Albion have manufactured a pitch synonymous to a road.

St Andrew Man - coming from another North B1 1st XI player, it was great playing aginst you blokes this year - i think you have a great core bunch of blokes and next season, when you get your overseas bats back to support Tooley, i think you will be right up there. Both our games were played hard on the park in good spirit and then a few laughs and drinks were had by all.

Having played the 4 sides in the finals, who are you tipping in the semis and then the flag?

phil crea;390077 said:
How about if you get washed out Phil and Grand United offer you a game??? You have been down that path before i beleive while Coach of W/C.. Correct?

7/564;390455 said:
Should be some great games this weekend.

Everyone keeps writing off M/valley including me but the just keep winning.

Winning form is good form so i will tip them this weekend agaist F/U. Should be a cracking game and i can see this game being high scoring.

St. Albans v W/Central. What a game 4 very good quicks in this game. Have thought for a while W/Centrals would win the G/F but was thinking this game would be the Grand final.
As it's the S/f just have a gut feel St.Albans will get up but should be ripping game.

Good luck to all players and teams in final's this weekend hope the weather is fine and the best teams win

A Little birdie just told me A.Edrich will not be playing this week, can this be confirmed by anyone at Centrals.

phil crea;390068 said:

phil crea;390077 said:

Phil, surely you are taking yourself too seriously. You do not from what I have seen this year have any young kids with enough ability to head to Footscray and play anything higher than 3rds cricket. To me that is just a waste of time and as mentioned, not one kid you have has the ability to be taken seriously down there.

Now you say you have just signed a 4 year deal. Won't that take you to your 69th birthday? I have kept quiet on here for a fair while and you keep saying you wait until finals until Phil Crea does something. Lets hope for your sake its 22 degrees or less because when we played earlier in the year you were out of petrol tickets by the time you were 4 runs. Lets hope for Werribee's sake you actually play a shot in the finals.

That would be huge - If Ed is out, St Albans could ALMOST start their GF preparations now

Who's the little birdie by the way? I know you cant give a name, but how close is he to the club or Ed?

Canary Yellow;390109 said:
Phil, surely you are taking yourself too seriously. You do not from what I have seen this year have any young kids with enough ability to head to Footscray and play anything higher than 3rds cricket. To me that is just a waste of time and as mentioned, not one kid you have has the ability to be taken seriously down there.

Now you say you have just signed a 4 year deal. Won't that take you to your 69th birthday? I have kept quiet on here for a fair while and you keep saying you wait until finals until Phil Crea does something. Lets hope for your sake its 22 degrees or less because when we played earlier in the year you were out of petrol tickets by the time you were 4 runs. Lets hope for Werribee's sake you actually play a shot in the finals.

sam crea goes alright , just ask the district sides chasing him ,now canary or whatever your name is didnt u say we wouldnt finish top 4 , so why would i listen to you because u know shit

in Nth B I'll select the following -

Aber Park should trounce Kingsville who have been smashed in recent weeks by the other finals teams and appear to have gone nowhere since Xmas. The harder side of the draw as predicted on here has found them out bigtime. By all reports a pretty ordinary bunch of blokes as well onfield too. Aber Park to pack way too many punches for KP
I like others think the other game is going to be a upset in what will be a low scoring game at Jacana. Rd 1 saw Abers make 77 and Jac 7/80 in reply then in the other round saw Abers 113 and Jac 8/109 in reply before a washout and Abers winning it on protest. You couldnt get much tighter than those 2 sets of scores. Abers seem to have some additions in there team recently with Berzins coming back after Xmas and making some scores. their CC in Ingleton has finally made some runs too so with those 2 and Nyhus they could post a competitive total. Abers strength has been the bowling variety with the quicks/medium and their spinner all being amongst it. Jac relies heavily on a few as has been noted on here they certainly wouldnt want Siriwardana to go down at training during the week nor fail with the bat and ball next week, he's the key to their success one way or the other.
Abers to get up in a tight one

D.Cachia is more than capable of giving district a fair crack, however aside from him your so called 'young guns' are in no position to tackle the states top tier in district yet, and to urge them on to do so without playing at least one full season in first grade could be disastrous for their development.

A intelligent & caring coach, as you claim to be, should urge these young cricketers to play a full season in first XI club-side level before making such a jump.

10notout;390457 said:
A Little birdie just told me A.Edrich will not be playing this week, can this be confirmed by anyone at Centrals.

thats life , just gives one of our young bowlers a chance to step up

How about we stop talking about Phil for a while...
There is plenty of young talent through out the league who i believe could have a dip at district level....
B1 you have the young blokes like Pascu, Riggio & Bennett...
A1 you have Dunn, Montebello, Arrowsmith & S.Crea although very young isnt too bad either
All of these blokes would play 2's if not push 1's..

EdgeOverSlips;390124 said:
How about we stop talking about Phil for a while...
There is plenty of young talent through out the league who i believe could have a dip at district level....
B1 you have the young blokes like Pascu, Riggio & Bennett...
A1 you have Dunn, Montebello, Arrowsmith & S.Crea although very young isnt too bad either
All of these blokes would play 2's if not push 1's..

good call , the four in a1 are great cricketers

2time;390468 said:
Ducks & Drakes already Phil, a bit early isn't it....

nothing to hide , just want to know how 10 nout out knows , u play with what u have got thats where depth comes into it

Fariq;390115 said:
D.Cachia is more than capable of giving district a fair crack, however aside from him your so called 'young guns' are in no position to tackle the states top tier in district yet, and to urge them on to do so without playing at least one full season in first grade could be disastrous for their development.

A intelligent & caring coach, as you claim to be, should urge these young cricketers to play a full season in first XI club-side level before making such a jump. However based on your choice of haircut and lack of cricket knowledge you undoubtedly fail in the intelligent aspect.

stay off the site u dill ,u just talk utter shit and u must be a cmats player

phil crea;390471 said:
nothing to hide , just want to know how 10 nout out knows , u play with what u have got thats where depth comes into it

I reckon some your posts are rippers Phil but sorry mate i'm not buying this one...

I am getting more than a little bored of the whole Phil Crea worship on this thread. How about we leave it be for a little while and talk about something else.

From now on any post directly relating to Phil has a good chance of being heavily edited or deleted. Don't make me have to go there - just leave the Crea stuff out.

Interesting to see in North A that the 2 best batting sides play each other, with the 2 best bowling sides squaring off. So from those who have played them this year, a little hypothetical. Which combination would you rather have: Dunn & MacCammond vs Edrich & Clutton? And what about Preece & TJ vs Perera & Aiyappan? Will these guns decide each semi or will they cancel each other out and each teams depth will be tested?

Sam Crea was a net bowler to the Austrailan Test side during the boxing day test and held his own there with all the district 1's bowlers and shield bowlers and knocked over a guy with a test ton.
I think you will find he will play higher than district 3rds.

CheeQuee;390060 said:
10 beer trip from Craigieburn to Wyndhamvale next season maybe?

Wyndhamvale would need a new ground b4 that would happen...............because "Dogsh1t oval" is an absolute disgrace............:eek:

Well well dare i say it but it's ( Crunch time ) A1 First and if all report's are true Werribee chance's will be cut in half no Ed possibly no Werribee massive job needed by Clutton and Phil with the bat but we all know that wont happen . St Albans should get there easily if they can make 200 +.

Moonee Valley know what they have to do to beat F.U an that's get Preece and TJ early quite simple, M.V have enough batting to get them there and there bowler's have done very well this year to.

B1 . Probably only two teams here can win the big one .

Jacana to skittle Abers for not alot then make enough to get into a grand final, Janaka in some good form an should destroy Abers weak attack but no doubt he will struggle if comes up against A.Park in the final.

Aber Park should have too much firepower Kingy baps basically Kingy need Kwhaja and Levis to make a truck load for them 2 have any chance.

my tips for semis...moonee valley v footscray united..mv should be full of confidence after touching up fu in last round. Good hit out with less recognised bats amongst runs. Pridham(25 wickets) and possibly felmingham (early season century maker) to come back in. Fu need skipper and preece to make plenty. My tip mv. Werribee centrals v st albans. Both will rely heavily on bowling stocks. Whoever posts 180 plus will win. My tip st albans. But will be a ripper.

Its crunch time;390486 said:
B1 . Probably only two teams here can win the big one .

Jacana to skittle Abers for not alot then make enough to get into a grand final, Janaka in some good form an should destroy Abers weak attack but no doubt he will struggle if comes up against A.Park in the final.

Aber Park should have too much firepower Kingy baps basically Kingy need Kwhaja and Levis to make a truck load for them 2 have any chance.

Abers weak attack ? thats their major asset so not sure your right there

rolled the Roosters for 95 & 127 on the weekend
rolled Kingy Baps for 125
rolled Seabrook for 131
prior to that Roosters 9/128, K Baps 8/105, SBrook 142

looking back through the scores it appears only once all year that they've been hit for a score by Aber Park with 233 and a 2nd innings 2/159 in the same game

if there's a weakness it's their batting for sure which is as brittle as a violet crumble when the pressure is on, has been for years now

koh phi phi 3;390275 said:
my tips for semis...moonee valley v footscray united..mv should be full of confidence after touching up fu in last round. Good hit out with less recognised bats amongst runs. Pridham(25 wickets) and possibly felmingham (early season century maker) to come back in. Fu need skipper and preece to make plenty. My tip mv. Werribee centrals v st albans. Both will rely heavily on bowling stocks. Whoever posts 180 plus will win. My tip st albans. But will be a ripper.

yes i beleive the winner out of our game will win the flag, good to see four class bowlers go head to head

I'll be off to feed the chooks this weekend best of luck to all the teams participating in the finals.
A.P. 4 me and hopefully W/C as i like Phil to me he is a good bloke end of story plays it hard on the field have a beer of it is how sport should be played no hard feelings.
All is fair in Love and War!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back