North A And B

North A tightening up. Taylor's Lakes & Haig ticking along nicely. With Aberfeldie disposing of 3rd placed Druids comfortably, Centrals reportedly doing over Seddon with a leg in the air after having them 5-4 in the 1st 1/2 hour.
Craigieburn dropping a couple in a row. Where is North A heading?
And what has happened to the perennial semi-finalist St. Albans? Will they go through the trapdoor marked West B.
Some interesting questions. Anyone got some answers or theories?

Anyone care to elaborate on the Taylor's Lakes v Altona Roosters fixture. Unusual to see 2 batsmen retire hurt and out of 6 wickets, no catches. Even more unusual to see the word forfeit at North A1 level.

Last edited:
All i have to say is we are extremely disappointed that Taylors Lakes didn't feel the need to provide a fair and decent wicket to play on and let their cricket do the talking.
As a result we had two blokes end up in hospital. One with minor/medium issues. The other still in hospital. I think the Club and the VTCA have a duty of care to all participants and very much looking forward to the upcoming investigation.
I think Sportsmanship is the looser out of what we call the gentleman's game.
We will see what the VTCA has to say....

All i have to say is we are extremely disappointed that Taylors Lakes didn't feel the need to provide a fair and decent wicket to play on and let their cricket do the talking.
As a result we had two blokes end up in hospital. One with minor/medium issues. The other still in hospital. I think the Club and the VTCA have a duty of care to all participants and very much looking forward to the upcoming investigation.

From what I have been told the pitch was jumping around a bit both weeks, would be interesting to know if the player who went to hospital was wearing a helmet at the time. If he wasn't, surely the duty of care is with the individual. I certainly would't walk out to bat without a helmet on a wet deck that was jumping around. Can you elaborate on this BigCoq??

Last edited:
Taylor's lakes and tricks and games their was no forfeit by Altona roosters cricket club . Wet deck and covers on when all week the weather been warm is pretty piss poor !!! Curator got lot explaining to do !!! No rain all week and wicket was soaked and covers on ???? Game was abandoned due to dangerous pitch unfortunately we may never really know what happened but Taylor's lakes cricket club curator has a lot of explaining to do ????

From what I have been told the pitch was jumping around a bit both weeks, would be interesting to know if the player who went to hospital was wearing a helmet at the time. If he wasn't, surely the duty of care is with the individual. I certainly would't walk out to bat without a helmet on a wet deck that was jumping around. Not that this was wet. Can you elaborate on this BigCoq??
Why was the deck wet when their was no rain all week and warm weather all week can you elaborate that ?

If the wicket was dangerous, why did the bloke walk out without a helmet?
And why did you wait untill you were 8 wickets down to walk off the ground?

If the wicket was dangerous, why did the bloke walk out without a helmet?
And why did you wait untill you were 8 wickets down to walk off the ground?
Simple after our player went down he wanted every body to wear a helmet the next to boys/men don't wear helmets never have just like the poor bloke who went down. Helmets are not mandatory the young fellas grow up with them. I'm no young fella and certainly don't see them like i used to... I tried a helmet but couldn't adjust. Secondly the umpire wanted to continue the game with spin bowling only turning what should have been a block buster game in to a circus.
The fault lays squarely with the curator and the club they need to explain themselves. VTCA is quick to stamp out bad behaviour affecting Spirit of Cricket....
I think that this kind of behaviour is a greater threat to the game and should be stamped out and given greater attention by our custodians. A task force is required to stamp out such skulldugery adopted by some.

Simple after our player went down he wanted every body to wear a helmet the next to boys/men don't wear helmets never have just like the poor bloke who went down. Helmets are not mandatory the young fellas grow up with them. I'm no young fella and certainly don't see them like i used to... I tried a helmet but couldn't adjust. Secondly the umpire wanted to continue the game with spin bowling only turning what should have been a block buster game in to a circus.
The fault lays squarely with the curator and the club they need to explain themselves. VTCA is quick to stamp out bad behaviour affecting Spirit of Cricket....
I think that this kind of behaviour is a greater threat to the game and should be stamped out and given greater attention by our custodians. A task force is required to stamp out such skulldugery adopted by some.
So was the wicket shit week one when you bowled? If so why didnt you call the game off because it was dangerous for TL.

Sounds like sour grapes after being 8 for shit all.

Back