Tullamarine vs Avondale Heights

Keilor Park vs Greenvale

North B

Werribee Centrals vs Craigieburn

Moonee Valley vs Aberfeldie Park

should be some good matches

Hopefully it doesnt rain this weekend.
Rain forcast from friday till sunday
My pics TULLA, KP, WERR CENT, ABER PARK.

Re: North A & B

demon;331863 said:
Hopefully it doesnt rain this weekend.
Rain forcast from friday till sunday
My pics TULLA, KP, WERR CENT, ABER PARK.

Guys can Semi finals become one day games if no play on Saturday or is Mon a reserve day?

However if three were to go south then I think Seddon should just so that they can rebuild as they are an ageing side.

get serious matetom k would have another 5 good years left in him:):)

Guru14;331882 said:
Guys can Semi finals become one day games if no play on Saturday or is Mon a reserve day?

No, as far as i know Monday isnt a spare day, played a semi one year were it was rain effected, and it was just reduced overs.

top of off;331843 said:
what are ppls thoughts on the upcoming semi final in both north a and north b

North A

Tullamarine vs Avondale Heights

Keilor Park vs Greenvale

North B

Werribee Centrals vs Craigieburn

Moonee Valley vs Aberfeldie Park

should be some good matches

If there's a bit in the deck due to rain Tulla could be in trouble with AH's import but Tulla should win
Greenvale too many good bats against KP, Blanchett needs to have a day out with the ball too roll them chaeply. GV for me
Werribee to beat CB
Aberfeldie to beat MV

Dingo_Jones;330259 said:
Roy boy, as you well know the decision to send three clubs south to nth"b" is still pending. It may not necessarily happen in the manner that has been suggested.
However if three were to go south then I think Seddon should just so that they can rebuild as they are an ageing side. F/u and E/K don"t deserve relegation. They are good clubs with good turf tables and the wicket preparation is good.
The two clubs I would send south to join Seddon are St. Albans and Albion. The preparation of those tracks all season has been abysmal and both those clubs deserve a good kick in the pants. Just last saturday St. Albans V Avondale 2nds 24 wickets went down. Come this saturday 6pm one of them will win outright twice.:eek:

Gentlemen, the best turf wicket in the comp is Seddon's by far. Who gets relegated is up to the vtca. If its the bottom 3 than its the botom 3 on the ladder. If its the bottom 2 than its the bottom 2 on the ladder.

You cant relegate because of the state of wickets. If this was the case than Albion, Tullamarine and St Albans would go and in that order

Small Cricket;332442 said:
Gentlemen, the best turf wicket in the comp is Seddon's by far. Who gets relegated is up to the vtca. If its the bottom 3 than its the botom 3 on the ladder. If its the bottom 2 than its the bottom 2 on the ladder.

You cant relegate because of the state of wickets. If this was the case than Albion, Tullamarine and St Albans would go and in that order

Big call there. I'm sure Greenvale will debate the Tullamarine mention since they made 240 in their recent trip there in a 1-dayer!

I think for memory there has been quite a few 200+ totals at Tulla this year. Yeah the deck is real shit there!

hair of the goat;332448 said:
Big call there. I'm sure Greenvale will debate the Tullamarine mention since they made 240 in their recent trip there in a 1-dayer!

I think for memory there has been quite a few 200+ totals at Tulla this year. Yeah the deck is real shit there!

since when has Aberfeldie's terrible wicket been forgotten about ?

15-20 wickets have fallen per week on that shitepile all summer havent they ?

He who knows best;332477 said:

Boys has the wicket at greenvale improved- over the years it has been ordinary. Aberfeldie's deck is a grace and it's hard to believe they have Spider doing it who dishes up the belters at moonee Valley and bruce street.

He who knows best;332477 said:

I don't think the wicket is to blame at Abers, more so the personel. They are useless

Guru14;332494 said:
Boys has the wicket at greenvale improved- over the years it has been ordinary. Aberfeldie's deck is a grace and it's hard to believe they have Spider doing it who dishes up the belters at moonee Valley and bruce street.
In Nth"A", I reckon albions track has been the most poorly prepared of all. Several players have been injured whilst batting on it and it's not because albion has anyone who is quick as there bowlers bowl puss at best. One player was even carted off to hospital to have an eye brow stitched.
There's all sorts of things growing in the track. On closer inspection I noticed a jaw bone of a hump back whale and a silver soup spoon with a bent handle.

Dingo_Jones;332680 said:
In Nth"A", I reckon albions track has been the most poorly prepared of all. Several players have been injured whilst batting on it and it's not because albion has anyone who is quick as there bowlers bowl puss at best. One player was even carted off to hospital to have an eye brow stitched.
There's all sorts of things growing in the track. On closer inspection I noticed a jaw bone of a hump back whale and a silver soup spoon with a bent handle.

Dingo_Jones;332680 said:

What is it that you are talking about with the hump back whale and the silver spoon. What players have got injured from the track out at Albion. I just spoke to a few boys from down there and they beleive this statement is ridiculous. The player that was carted off to hospital apparently missed a short ball. Surely this is the norm. It seems as though your synopsis is ill informed

Wallop;332990 said:
What is it that you are talking about with the hump back whale and the silver spoon. What players have got injured from the track out at Albion. I just spoke to a few boys from down there and they beleive this statement is ridiculous. The player that was carted off to hospital apparently missed a short ball. Surely this is the norm. It seems as though your synopsis is ill informed

Believe me this is one of the worst decks in the assoc, our seconds called there game off early because the wicket was boarding on dangerous, I have seen there wicket keeper get hit and taken to hospital because of the erratic bounce

slow medium;332994 said:
Believe me this is one of the worst decks in the assoc, our seconds called there game off early because the wicket was boarding on dangerous, I have seen there wicket keeper get hit and taken to hospital because of the erratic bounce

Maybe the comp could reduce it's umpiring fees, association fees, late fees & stick it in ya ar#e fees, a bit of council assistance all decks would be up to the required standard. I've played on Albion's deck & it isn't great but speaking to their blokes they don't have a full time curator, supposedly one of the blokes does it when he gets a chance. Hard to find blokes to donate time to it a problem that exists @ alot of places.

hair of the goat;332448 said:

And on top of that they played the 2nd's grand final there last year, cant be that bad a pitch if there playing grand finals on it.

2time;333004 said:
Maybe the comp could reduce it's umpiring fees, association fees, late fees & stick it in ya ar#e fees, a bit of council assistance all decks would be up to the required standard. I've played on Albion's deck & it isn't great but speaking to their blokes they don't have a full time curator, supposedly one of the blokes does it when he gets a chance. Hard to find blokes to donate time to it a problem that exists @ alot of places.

I agree with what you are saying, however the council's are not interested in doing wickets anymore, when haven't had the council do ours for over 15years. If you want to play in a turf comp, there has to be some effort put in to prepare decent tracks.

Are any finals being played on council prepared wickets this weekend?

If they are top team will go though to final, would be a sh## way to finish the year

johnny young;331945 said:
However if three were to go south then I think Seddon should just so that they can rebuild as they are an ageing side.

get serious matetom k would have another 5 good years left in him:):)

Johnny how are things go over in england ? getting a game

sniper;328909 said:
Parkville never seem to be at full strength when needed. Looks like another season where they come from nowhere to end nowhere. Some stability is required in that 1st 11 if they are ever to be real contenders.
FU dont deserve to be relegated and may be up there next season if they get their CC back or find someone alike. Preece 5 star season/Manning well..
Seddon made their own bed and can sleep in it. Never satisfied with pros!
Abers, been a bit of a joke this season with all the hype and 1 win.
EK just prove the importance of retaining your Pros From SeniorA to NorthB in no time. The umpa lumpas are still there tho.
St Albans losing Brne may have realised the importance of leadership and may now know what they're looking for? Hopefully, God willing, with any luck.
KP- deserve a shot at the title for being consistently in the upper quarter of the ladder. They are a low profile side that get the job done (good luck to em). The Misiti boys will need to play out of their skins for a flag. Murden may have to show up aswell. Bowling is ok at best.
AH- been a while in the making, but I feel they may be a player short in the batting dept for a 4 dayer. Bowlers will need to be outstanding in both innings if they are to clinch their 1st flag. Apart from TJ, who bats?
Tulla- Haven't gained the competitions respect and need to establish a more professional ethic on the field to be WORTHY contenders. Maybe lose that dummy keeper. Haven't got the bowlers to threaten anyhow and only 2 bats.
Gvale- Wether this is financially loaded or not, they will take out the flag with their 2 extra pros. Be nice to see them get done tho. To beat this mob you'd need to ensure Piz got 2 or less wickets and their 4 pro batsmen made no more than 100 between em in each innings. Tuff ask I recon.
And thats my 2c.

What are you on mate ???????? just had a look at the ladder. Tulla's taken the most wickets in A1 with greenvale 126, and besides westmeadows, have lost the least amount of wickets. I dont think there'd be to many people on here that would listen to the dribble coming from your mouth. Alot of people seem to love giving it to tulla, but they seem to play finals every year, which is what you strive for, And its only there 2nd year in A1, and they have topped the ladder. Go back to B grade sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back