North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

Selma Bouvier;334511 said:
Ha ha these comment top of an absolute belter of a yr fizzer for you. Congats this pearler has offically given you the Big Cricket Washing Machine award for spinning the most shyte in one season. It's kinda hard to play when you have a broken foot!!!! As I like to back my statements with facts feel free to wonder down to EDFL head quarters and pick up a copy of the GF where he limped off. We are all still waiting Fiz for your answer.

On a cricket note. Well done to KP. I think they will go all the way if the can get 180. Blanchett bowled 2 loose balls in 2 days. Home semi is a must next yr

Money well spent this season Selma!!!
On facts, aren't u the same individual who would have us believe that Gr$$nval$ paid only 2 players for their services this season. and others have never received a sent to play in recent years???

twisting mycomments further illustrates how delusional ur r.
Are Gr$$nval$ planning to have only 2 paid players again next year, hope u get ur money's worth as u did this year.....Well done KP, 4 sticking it right up 'em.

Save ur pennies babe for 09/10, maybe be footy club can throw a few cents ur way to help u out. Tulla n Gr$$nval$ both getting knocked off over the weekend.well done to KP n Avondale. both very slight underdogs and had terrific wins.

demon;333569 said:
True True, but if you look back, since joining VTCA turf. Tulla have only missed out on playing finals twice, there first year, and last year. So 5 out of 7 isnt too bad, And the 2's made it too the GF last year, in the first year of A grade, Are you playing finals this weekend champ. ??? i know i am.

Mr modesty Wonerding if r u still playing in the finals chump???:p

Well done to both MV and Werribee on their wins, A. perara was the difference and got the valley into the granny. Class act and a really nice bloke. It will be interesting him vs edrich, I think he got a lazy 156 the last time they met, no sure what happened this year. Hopefully the game will go longer than the 2 days last year.

The great man Zarodni obviously didn't fire for Tulla, couldn't blame the bloke. His back must be stuffed from carrying most of the eleven for the year, heart goes out to Tulla. The only disappointing thing about their loss was that they didn't get passed 9 down off a no ball. Could imagine @ the home of cricket in Spring St at the moment, i wish they had cctv there... a few smack on's - a few kingies - a few tears - Ah Cricket don't you love it!!!

2time;334951 said:
The great man Zarodni obviously didn't fire for Tulla, couldn't blame the bloke. His back must be stuffed from carrying most of the eleven for the year, heart goes out to Tulla. The only disappointing thing about their loss was that they didn't get passed 9 down off a no ball. Could imagine @ the home of cricket in Spring St at the moment, i wish they had cctv there... a few smack on's - a few kingies - a few tears - Ah Cricket don't you love it!!!

I was there and wasnt the only one hoping they were passed 9 down and the winning runs were either byes or a dropped catch by the keeper - then again if he dropped one he probably wouldve still appealed for the catch......

OnTheLookout;334952 said:
I was there and wasnt the only one hoping they were passed 9 down and the winning runs were either byes or a dropped catch by the keeper - then again if he dropped one he probably wouldve still appealed for the catch......

Any truth behind Scott claiming a catch when the ball bounced clearly in front of him. Did u witnesses or can confrim that.Apparently he was succesfull with that appeal and heard had few appeals 4 cathes where the bat was a proverbial mile away from the ball. Not a way to play d game week in and out.And they wonder why Tulla are so diliked in the comp.

Well done to all winners on the weekend. 3 of 4 upsets in my book. Can't say Im disappointed to see Tulla lose. Great effort by Avondale considering alot of people wrote them off at the start of the year. And the gun Greenvale batting line-up fall over under pressure.
Werribee in a cakewalk against Craigieburn and the Valleys on the back of Perera get over the disappointing Parkers. Aber Park would very disappointed with that batting effort. Aside from Chunk, very poor showing when it counted. Having said that, Valleys didnt show alot more other than the class of Perera.
Hard to pick from now but maybe KP over Avondale only because of it more depth? Werribee over Valley on the back of Edrich. I just don't see anyone other than Perera making runs for MV and if he doesnt get them, then they are gone!
So it looks like its Werribee and the Valley back up to North A and Seddon and Aberfeldie down?

Snagglepuss;334982 said:
Well done to all winners on the weekend. 3 of 4 upsets in my book. Can't say Im disappointed to see Tulla lose. Great effort by Avondale considering alot of people wrote them off at the start of the year. And the gun Greenvale batting line-up fall over under pressure.
Werribee in a cakewalk against Craigieburn and the Valleys on the back of Perera get over the disappointing Parkers. Aber Park would very disappointed with that batting effort. Aside from Chunk, very poor showing when it counted. Having said that, Valleys didnt show alot more other than the class of Perera.
Hard to pick from now but maybe KP over Avondale only because of it more depth? Werribee over Valley on the back of Edrich. I just don't see anyone other than Perera making runs for MV and if he doesnt get them, then they are gone!
So it looks like its Werribee and the Valley back up to North A and Seddon and Aberfeldie down?

Snaggle is it 2 for 2?

ROY G BIV;334965 said:
Any truth behind Scott claiming a catch when the ball bounced clearly in front of him. Did u witnesses or can confrim that.Apparently he was succesfull with that appeal and heard had few appeals 4 cathes where the bat was a proverbial mile away from the ball. Not a way to play d game week in and out.And they wonder why Tulla are so diliked in the comp.

Hmmm! No Comment.:D

Uncle Windows;335037 said:
Hmmm! No Comment.:D

Uncle, the heighters keep winning- congrats! Will be a massive effort to head up to Senior A if successful. Maybe a fresh outlook this year has been all the difference.

Snagglepuss;334982 said:

Absolutely shattered! IMO they were a good thing beaten on the weekend and I guess it's about taking stock over the winter and coming back a more consistent side in 2009/2010. I think they have let a huge opportunity slip by for the second time in 3 years no doubt. But they need to probably take a leaf out of Greenvale's season 2 years ago, they would have been at their lowest but came out again were undefeated and duly went to North A. I feel for a couple of the boys there but maybe when the pressure was on their mental fatigue played a part as it did 2 years ago. Maybe it was the toss of the coin maybe it wasn't but it will be 6 months of plotting a premiership win now. Werribee look the goods though and I don't think even Perera can keep them out. How good is the Edrich Colishaw partnership, took 9 of 10 on the weekend. They will be extremely hard to beat and it maybe done inside of tea on the 3rd day. Good luck to both in the granny and North A, first and second after the home and away so can't complain really about the result or the promotion. Snagglepuss or Dingo any news on whether H/Crossing will field their 3rd & 4th in the north B again next year or a there a couple of new sides entering the fold

ROY G BIV;334965 said:

Im finally convinced after reading this, you get off on bagging tulla. Some of the stuff you say is sometimes close to the mark but this one, c'mon. The umpire at square leg gave that catch out. If it clearly bounced why would square leg give it out. Obviously it wasnt that clear. Are you telling me you've never appealed when you heard a noise, but wasnt sure if it was bat or pad ???. If so i hope you called the batsmen back, after he was given out. and you have never nicked one thru to the keeper and not walked????,just waited for the decision. Never appealed for an LBW when it hit the bat first or pitched outside???. C'mon, it's cricket, you get some good calls and some bad ones. There was no mention in here about AH appealing for a caught behind that missed the bat by a country mile, and then stopped play while they sooked. It happens every week in cricket, but when tulla do it its bad sportsmanship. You would have to be the most honest cricketer in the world mate. or should i just call you Gilly.

demon;335340 said:
Im finally convinced after reading this, you get off on bagging tulla. Some of the stuff you say is sometimes close to the mark but this one, c'mon. The umpire at square leg gave that catch out. If it clearly bounced why would square leg give it out. Obviously it wasnt that clear. Are you telling me you've never appealed when you heard a noise, but wasnt sure if it was bat or pad ???. If so i hope you called the batsmen back, after he was given out. and you have never nicked one thru to the keeper and not walked????,just waited for the decision. Never appealed for an LBW when it hit the bat first or pitched outside???. C'mon, it's cricket, you get some good calls and some bad ones. There was no mention in here about AH appealing for a caught behind that missed the bat by a country mile, and then stopped play while they sooked. It happens every week in cricket, but when tulla do it its bad sportsmanship. You would have to be the most honest cricketer in the world mate. or should i just call you Gilly.

Everything you have just mentioned is spot on & if people say they don't their talking sh*t. However i've played against the bloke (Scott) a couple of times & he appeals for everything - sometimes bordering on the verge of ridiculous & then carries on a treat when he gets denied. I know when we play against him the bloke recieves absolutely no respect or credit due to the way he carries on & it reflects poorly on Tulla. He might be a fantastic bloke off the field but on it he has created his own image that he is a nut case, sook, bad sportsman & he has to live with it.

demon;335340 said:

Nothing to do with the call demon, if it didn't carry that's cheating!! Unfortunately at our level the square leg is usually not concentrating at 100% and not most occassions will be convinced by the appeal. I've seen happen too many times not to believe it doesn't happen. Whatever happened to the keeper saying I'm not sure whether I caught it ot not- that's right we're talking about David Scott, he doesn't drop any and and surely we wouldn't question him. Not saying it did or it didn't carry but I usually find if there's smoke there's fire, and if there was nothing in it why are people asking????

demon;335340 said:

Oh OKay, if the umpi gave it out then it must be out.
Sincere apologies Demon for questioning your upstanding well respected keeper and sulling his & ur clubs good name.(i gotta acknowledge a couple of blokes who know him say he's a good bloke off the field and are surprised to hear about his behaviour on it)

Demon,i was just asking if it was true heard from folks at the game who were neutrals that it happened.

Alot of the other stuff u say is spot on, folks almost all of us do appeal when they know d batter is not out. Sure. I take ur point there and also agree AH may have been guilty of excessive appealing, which doesn't surprise me. BUT u ask why we throw our arms up when tulla does it, "but when tulla do it its bad sportsmanship"well mate it's because every -ve bit adds up, Guru put it right claiming a catch when u know it bounced is cheating, add to that the onfield shenanigans of certain tulla blokes is why ppl who have played against them accuse them of bad sportmanship.

Good on ya for defending ur club, but open ur eyes and also ask why almost every opposion u play against have not much to say about certain Tulla blokes. There are other blokes in Nth A playing for various other clubs who have also seen as bad sportman it's just not Tulla!

Finally on ur club, i think u have done well since come up to Nth A last season, twos and 1's been very competittive, i see 2nds are in GF this year.
But u can be a good sportmen + tough uncompromising+winner on the field.These traits aren't mutually exclusive mate.

Guru14;335351 said:
Nothing to do with the call demon, if it didn't carry that's cheating!! Unfortunately at our level the square leg is usually not concentrating at 100% and not most occassions will be convinced by the appeal. I've seen happen too many times not to believe it doesn't happen. Whatever happened to the keeper saying I'm not sure whether I caught it ot not- that's right we're talking about David Scott, he doesn't drop any and and surely we wouldn't question him. Not saying it did or it didn't carry but I usually find if there's smoke there's fire, and if there was nothing in it why are people asking????

People are asking, because TJ stood there for 25 seconds after both umpires gave him out. Yeah it was a close one, and i asked Scotty if it carried and he thought it did, even though his gloves were low to the ground. it sat in his gloves.

How can people from the sidelines say it didnt carry. If It was so obvious from 80 meters away why did both umpires agree it was out. They must have damn good eyes those people on the fence. And after how many beers ???

At the end of the day, AH were too good, Irfan especially. Both leading wicket takers failed to fire, Sadi 1 wkt, the #11, and zorro no wickets and a duck. 170 wasnt enough, 200 wouldnt have been enough.

Funny little twist, Greenvale and tulla lost in the 1's but both won in the 2's. So we'll say those predictions for a tulla v greenvale final were right. Just wrong grade.

2time;335350 said:
Everything you have just mentioned is spot on & if people say they don't their talking sh*t. However i've played against the bloke (Scott) a couple of times & he appeals for everything - sometimes bordering on the verge of ridiculous & then carries on a treat when he gets denied. I know when we play against him the bloke recieves absolutely no respect or credit due to the way he carries on & it reflects poorly on Tulla. He might be a fantastic bloke off the field but on it he has created his own image that he is a nut case, sook, bad sportsman & he has to live with it.

Scott appealed every time he took one, regularly without any interest from bowler, other fielders.... just exciteable perhaps but couple of incidents were very ordinary !!

when about 5 runs were required he threw the stumps down at bowlers end (very good work actually), run out appeal looked close, not given... he threw his glove in to middle of the pitch (at batsman? probably not, but close enough to be anoying) in disgust/protest as if he couldve had any idea whether it was out from the other end - looked like a spoilt child having a tantrum....

the catch to get rid of jeffrey bounced !!! (i cannot say i saw it with own eyes but got to game not long after and was told by 3 or 4 spectators, all from clubs not involved in game - nobody expressed any doubt). if this was the case he mustve known it bounced !! yet had no problem tossing it up and claiming it... that is cheating ! no ifs, no buts, cheating !

and your right demon, we probably do look for things with him, but its mostly coz he is such an ordinary bloke (on field anyway) and we dont have to look too hard.....

OnTheLookout;335397 said:
Scott appealed every time he took one, regularly without any interest from bowler, other fielders.... just exciteable perhaps but couple of incidents were very ordinary !!

when about 5 runs were required he threw the stumps down at bowlers end (very good work actually), run out appeal looked close, not given... he threw his glove in to middle of the pitch (at batsman? probably not, but close enough to be anoying) in disgust/protest as if he couldve had any idea whether it was out from the other end - looked like a spoilt child having a tantrum....

the catch to get rid of jeffrey bounced !!! (i cannot say i saw it with own eyes but got to game not long after and was told by 3 or 4 spectators, all from clubs not involved in game - nobody expressed any doubt). if this was the case he mustve known it bounced !! yet had no problem tossing it up and claiming it... that is cheating ! no ifs, no buts, cheating !

and your right demon, we probably do look for things with him, but its mostly coz he is such an ordinary bloke (on field anyway) and we dont have to look too hard.....

You say "as if he could tell if it was out from the other end". He was only a 22 yards away. . Its funny because
you take the word from spectators 80 meters away about the catch, thats the thing i dont get. . Do people forget there were 2 umpires out there and they both thought it was out, But your right Neutral spectators must be right. They had a better view than the umps. NOT
throwing the gloves was not right, i agree. He only threw them down in frustration, not at the batsmen, although they did go close.

demon;335419 said:
You say "as if he could tell if it was out from the other end". He was only a 22 yards away. . Its funny because
you take the word from spectators 80 meters away about the catch, thats the thing i dont get. . Do people forget there were 2 umpires out there and they both thought it was out, But your right Neutral spectators must be right. They had a better view than the umps. NOT
throwing the gloves was not right, i agree. He only threw them down in frustration, not at the batsmen, although they did go close.

Come on Demon get serious, i can understand you having the loyalty factor with the catch. I wasn't there for the decision but if the umps gave it & he wasn't sure that's why we have umps to make the decision. I don't think anyone i've played against would blatantly cheat - even Scott. But if he knew he didn't get it & claimed it well that pretty much sums him up as a bloke but the bit about the gloves get fair dinkum bruv. When we played him this year he threw gloves, his hat, threatened half a dozen of us (we were all scared sh*tless after the laughter had stopped) mate he knew what he was doing - u know & we all know it.. I would of liked the batsman to pick it up & hurl it to the other side of the ground for a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back