Pink Platypus Balls

Kev Davis

Pink Platypus Balls

The use of the pink balls in the 20/20 comp is a great idea by the vtca, however the balls are not holding up so good after the first 5 or 6 overs.

as we will be playing with them in a 40 over game after christmas, lets hope the VTCA decide on following the ford ranger cup and use a new ball at each end.

would hate to see one of these balls after 40 overs.

thoughts?

Re: Pink Platypus Balls

It's interesting. I would like to see one if anyone has a photo (I play in a different comp). They may take the new ball at each end approach but would it cost too much?

Kev Davis;376695 said:
The use of the pink balls in the 20/20 comp is a great idea by the vtca, however the balls are not holding up so good after the first 5 or 6 overs.

as we will be playing with them in a 40 over game after christmas, lets hope the VTCA decide on following the ford ranger cup and use a new ball at each end.

thoughts?

As has already been mentioned in the 20/20 thread, the balls being used for the 20/20 Comp are Platypus Diamond Balls, they are designed for shortened over games.

The balls to be used in the Platypus Pink Ball Round are 'Match' balls. These are the same quality ball as the balls used in 80 over games on saturdays.

As the Match are a better premium quality ball, they are expected to stand up to the 40 overs easily.

they leave a decent mark on the bat
hit one out of the screws and had half the paintjob on the ball hanging off my bat

PINK PLATYPUS BALLS - sounds painful - I'd try penicillin first, and if pain persists, go straight back to your doctor.:eek:

genuine_no12;376917 said:
pink platypus balls - sounds painful - i'd try penicillin first, and if pain persists, go straight back to your doctor.:eek:

top notch , great to see a bit of humour on here for a change !!:)

Platypus balls in general are ordinary. The pink versions don't glow like a new white ball and then become absolutely disgusting by the end of an innings. All three colours of the Platypus peel to some extent, with the red ball being of the better quality out of the three but still lacks the quality of Kooka, with the seam continually breaking off.

If they get any form of moisture in them, they then become useless to use bowling wise in training.

Kev Davis;376695 said:

thoughts?

The pink balls are no good dudes.

Back