Pura Cup: Western Australia vs. Victoria at the WACA (Sun-Wed)

SouthSwans

Pura Cup: Western Australia vs. Victoria at the WACA (Sun-Wed)

FFS do I have to do everything around here...... (Edit: Cleazer and Ljp.)

Western Australia currently 2/166, Chris Rogers has made his way to 72 and Marcus North is with him on 24. Shane Warne has 1/44 off 12 and White has done nothing in the field to combat the Warriors on a BOWLERS WICKET!

Re: Pura Cup: Western Australia vs. Victoria at the WACA (Sun-Wed)

Rogers is now on 94 and North is on 32. Gerard Denton and Shane Harwood into the attack for the Vics.

Just brought up the 250. Rogers on 123 North on 61. 2/256

safe to say where in trouble :p

WA finish up 2/359. Chris Rogers and Marcus North absolutely superb, White left clueless. North brought up his ton in the last over of the day and Rogers is on 184. A lot of work to be done in the morning.

Vics on the ropes after day one, i love it!

Bucky on track to bring up the double hundred tomorrow and hopefully North brings up a big one as well.

Then its bring on the WA quicks!

SouthSwans;106246 said:
FFS do I have to do everything around here...... (Edit: Cleazer and Ljp.)

Western Australia currently 2/166, Chris Rogers has made his way to 72 and Marcus North is with him on 24. Shane Warne has 1/44 off 12 and White has done nothing in the field to combat the Warriors on a BOWLERS WICKET!

Hey, I do my best around here. :p

Great performance by my boys. They played so well. Rogers and North are on fire, let's hope they continue that way tomorrow. Rogers is a big chance for 200.

White is hopeless as captain and as a player. He has no idea. Let Warne captain when he plays for the Vics.

I wouldn't say the pitch is helpful for the bowler's either.

Ljp86;106302 said:
I wouldn't say the pitch is helpful for the bowler's either.
I would... see how green it was! It dried up thru the day but sh*t it was green as the Green Guide at the start of play...

EDIT: and yes White is the worst player I have ever seen. Sh*t batsman, hopeless bowler, pitiful captain.

SouthSwans;106305 said:
EDIT: and yes White is the worst player I have ever seen. Sh*t batsman, hopeless bowler, pitiful captain.

I'm glad you never watched me and my mates play for Aldinga 3rds back a few years ago then. Struth we were an ordinary bunch...:(

WA declared at 3/608

Rogers 279
North 239no
Marsh 37
Langer 25
Ronchi 13no

Victoria 2/44 in their first innings
Hussey 0
Mash 23
Jewell 20no
Hodge 0 no

Still reckon it's a bowling pitch South? :D

Anyway, Victoria are 3/100 chasing WA's mammoth total. Hodge is not out on 22 and Cam White is with him on 21.

The partnership between Rogers and North is the 3rd highest Australian first-class partnership ever. The partnership realised 459 runs.

The record is held by Steve and Mark Waugh way back in 1990/1991 season. That partnership was an undefeated 464 which was ironically against Western Australia.

Here's the list of the highest first-class Australian Partnerships. Funnily enough, 3 of the listed records are in Perth (WACA).

Code:
Partnership       Players                                   Match                              Venue/Season

464*           ME Waugh and SR Waugh                 New South Wales v Western Australia      Perth , 1990/91.
462*           DW Hookes and WB Phillips             South Australia v Tasmania               Adelaide, 1986/87.
459            CJL Rogers and MJ North               Western Australia v Victoria             Perth, 2006/07.
456            WH Ponsford and ER Mayne              Victoria v Queensland                    Melbourne, 1923/24.
451            WH Ponsford and DG Bradman            Australia v England                      The Oval, 1934.
433            A Sims and VT Trumper Sim's           Australian XI v Canterbury               Christchurch, 1913/14.
431            MRJ Veletta & GR Marsh                Western Australia v South Australia      Perth, 1989/90.
428            WW Armstrong and MA Noble             Australians v Sussex                     Hove, 1902.

The Vics were bowled out for 297 in their first innings. McDonald played a lone hand with the bat scoring 85. Cam White got to 63.

Aaron Heal bowled very well for WA taking 4/48. Dorey, Edmonson and Ervine all got 2 wickets apiece.

Justin Langer enforced the follow-on and the Vics are 1/133 in their second innings. The only problem is though, is that they are still 178 runs behind.

Marcus North has the only second innings wicket, he bowled Nick Jewell for 16. Lloyd Mash is still there on 71 and David Hussey is with him on 39.

Not sure if WA can get the outright, they will have to get wickets early tomorrow as the pitch appears to be playing pretty truly. I think they will be disappointed if they don't, as will I (I'm a WA fan).

Pretty disappointing 4th day effort by WA so far. The Vics have reached 4/345 whith Cameron White on 61 and McDonald on 16. Mash and Hodge both got 86 in the second dig.

North, Edmonson, Heal and Magoffin all have one wicket.

Can't see WA getting outright now. Would have to clean up the Victorian tail pretty quickly and get the runs required as Victoria now leads WA.

Agree completely Ljp. Very disappointing but first innings points is better than nothing

Pretty disappointing in the end from WA. Should of won outright but couldn't get the penetration that was required from the bowlers.

Victoria finished on 5/429. McDonald and Crosthwaite the not out batsman on 65 and 30 respectively. Dorey, Magoffin, North, Heal and Edmonson all got one wicket each.

Man of the Match was Chris Rogers for his 279 and a catch.

Back