Queensland vs Tasmania @ the Gabba

Re: Queensland vs Tasmania @ the Gabba

6/96 off 36 overs

Queensland comfortably in control with this one.

Tasmania now 8/162 in the 49th over. Luke Butterworth was just run-out by Nash for 36.

The Tigers recovered somewhat after some very poor top order batting. Xavier Doherty, the left-arm off-spinner scored a valuble 53 runs and had good support from Butterworth.

Geeves currently on 5, Griffith on 0.

That's the end of the innings for Tasmania.

Griffith fell shortly after my above post for 2. The last man was Geeves, who hit a massive six off Simpson in the final over before he was out caught next ball for 12.

So, Tasmania all out for 172 after 49.2 overs.

I feel that Queensalnd would be favourites to win here but we will see how they go after the dinner break.

DiVenuto had only 5 runs off 9 balls. too bad i have him on my cricket australia fantasy team :(

anyways, who cares, Hayden and Maher currently crushing the tigers.

BigJeff;105352 said:
DiVenuto had only 5 runs off 9 balls. too bad i have him on my cricket australia fantasy team :(

anyways, who cares, Hayden and Maher currently crushing the tigers.
Well I have Bevan :(

Quack, quack...

Well I had Doherty :) and Maher :) and Butterworth :)

when did this become the Ford Ranger Cup? ING went out of business??
good result for the Bulls. The top order of the Tigers really failed them this match. the top five batsmen totaled 31 runs, with Paine (25) making the only real contribution.

how was the crowd for the match, did it draw much being on a weekday?

Iggy;106078 said:
when did this become the Ford Ranger Cup? ING went out of business??

ING ended their sponsorship of the Australian Domestic One Day competition at the end of the 2005/2006 season.

Just prior to the start of the 2006/2007 season, Cricket Australia announced that the new sponsors would be Ford and that the competition would be known as the "Ford Ranger One Day Cup".

Back