Ryder Suspended For Drug Use

leftie600

Performance enhancing apparently but it was from an over the counter supplement that anyone can buy, genuine mistake by the big fella hence why it is only a 6 month ban.

The good news is what he said in an interview, for the first time in a long time he talked about earning his way back into the NZ side! Expect him to be in the frame for the 2015 WC.

The good news is what he said in an interview, for the first time in a long time he talked about earning his way back into the NZ side!
yeah, I really liked his sincerity, demeanour, and determination in his response. Aiming for a World Cup berth is a motivating and realistic target, but it'll be inspiring to see him don the black clothes again hopefully many months prior. Imagine seeing him playing against the touring Indians in February!

Disappoiting but those are the rules. Good to hear he won't miss much of the New Zealand season though as he is due back playing in October.

So he was out drinking well into early hours of the morning with Bracewell when he shouldn't have been and out of the squad, you would think that a bloke that's nearly 30 would finally learn..

What's happening with him at the moment?

There's massive debate going on about him atm. There is strong support for his recall and equally strong support for not picking him.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is what the coach and selectors think and Hesson has said that Ryder needs to really want to play for New Zealand (apparently lacks the desire/drive) and they weren't happy about him signing up for the Renegades just before the world cup.

On form and skill level alone, they would definitely have him back in the side.

From my point-of-view, I am glad that they are taking a hard stance with him but I also realize that we really do need him if we want a shot at the world cup.

A side with Taylor, Williamson and Ryder looks a lot stronger than without him. I think Guptill will re-find his form but Neesham is not an opening batsmen!

So he was out drinking well into early hours of the morning with Bracewell when he shouldn't have been and out of the squad, you would think that a bloke that's nearly 30 would finally learn..
Ryder reminds me of Brendan Fevola. Doesn't know when to stop drinking and does things out of the ordinary when drunk.
Good on his team for suspending him. He's not the sort of role model for young kids to look up to especially if he's been drinking and doing drugs.

Back