Sachin Tendulkar - 100 Hundreds

Bit of a shame that it had to happen against minnows in a game in which they ended up losing but I'm sure he's very relieved to finally get there. Amazing player and one of the all time greats especially considering his longevity but probably should look to retiring soon, looked a shadow of his former self over the Australian summer.

Sad that he has such a poor sense of history. To have retired with 99/100's like Bradman's 99.94 would have created history. But after the humiliation during the Australian summer it appears more like a cheap consolation.

That's what people say who have short term memory, and for what you call humiliation in summer he was the second highest run scorer in the team after Virat Kohli. Remember, NO other cricket playing human being will ever achieve this landmark. You might not know but a day before the match he was the only man from the playing 11 to attend the optional practice session. He was batting in the nets while the whole team took the liberty of going around or relaxing. Look at the "Never say Die" spirit of the genius. Consider yourself lucky to have witnessed that and tell that to your kids that you are from the generation when Sachin Tendulkar used to play. He is God's gift to a game called Cricket.

Sachin and Kohli looked like good batsman in Australia but the rest looked awful, no foot movement and out to the same deliveries and shots overe and over again. I would say you have to look at Indians records in context. Pitches in India are roads and their batsman get in trouble as soon as there is a hint of movement, swing or bounce. Just look at the scores from tests in India. 500-600 are regular occurances.
No doubt sachin is great, but truly how great???
Jaques Kallis for me is the best in the world, same averages and he bowls pretty well too

True that the last two foreign tours have been a horror story but all said I believe that "Form is temporary, Class is permanent"
The kind of pressure he has absorbed all through his life cannot be described. He said that even in the interview after reaching the milestone,"Everywhere I went, everyone including the house keeping staff of the hotels asked the same question. People did not talk about the previous 99 I scored". Anybody at this stage would have succumbed and would have given up. Just like Ponting after being dropped for the ODIs. Man is a legend and had nothing to prove to anybody but he took on the challenge and moreover he still enjoys the game. Its almost the end of an era, Sachin's era and let us give the man what he deserves, what he has done for the game.
Kallis indeed is one of the best all rounders of the world and I would not take away anything away from him. But Sachin is a true ambassador of the game.

If you look at Ponting and Tendulker you would say that they enjoy the game more now than ever and are desperate to wring out everything they can get from themselves in their last hurrah. Cricket was easy for them when they were young. Now with age they have to work much harder to stay at the top standard and they both have taken up the challenge with extra training and hard work

That's what people say who have short term memory, and for what you call humiliation in summer he was the second highest run scorer in the team after Virat Kohli. Remember, NO other cricket playing human being will ever achieve this landmark. You might not know but a day before the match he was the only man from the playing 11 to attend the optional practice session. He was batting in the nets while the whole team took the liberty of going around or relaxing. Look at the "Never say Die" spirit of the genius. Consider yourself lucky to have witnessed that and tell that to your kids that you are from the generation when Sachin Tendulkar used to play. He is God's gift to a game called Cricket.

I can add something to that as well, I saw England and India play at Lords last summer and exactly the same thing happened there... Tendulker was the only bloke that was in the nets prior to the game, it's the only time I've ever seen the bloke and unfortunately he only made a few runs before being dismissed. But the adoration of the Indian supporters was something to see as a spectacle in its own right.

Sachin tendulkar is the master of records first man ever to score 200 in ODI, first man to get century of hundred in world cricket and many more.He has just turned 39 still it is very difficult for the young players in the team to match up with him.

Yes Sachin is the real master blaster. He started his career when he was just 16. I love to watch Cricket, specially Sachin's batting and i really hate when my family members disturb me while i am watching it.. I just listen the Anthem for Cricket ke Dushman, all of you must listen this awesome music. Its really fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvyFHVBSk9A

SaChin is g0od batsman but s0rry t0o say he is n0t the match winner , He plays f0r his 0wn n0t f0r the team every time when he perf0rm s0o allways india l0se tht match , He is n0t like javed miandad n ricky p0inting wh0o r really a match winner

SaChin is g0od batsman but s0rry t0o say he is n0t the match winner , He plays f0r his 0wn n0t f0r the team every time when he perf0rm s0o allways india l0se tht match , He is n0t like javed miandad n ricky p0inting wh0o r really a match winner

@Jhonmathews, I pity your state of mind and sick thoughts, and that shows in your typing. Listen, this platform is for people who understand cricket and cricketers in "True" sense. Really, go get a life.

Sachin sponsors 200 underprivileged children every year through Apnalaya, a Mumbai-based NGO associated with his mother-in-law, Annabel Mehta. A gem of a person

Sachin tendulkar is the master of records first man ever to score 200 in ODI, first man to get century of hundred in world cricket and many more.He has just turned 39 still it is very difficult for the young players in the team to match up with him.

Sachin Tendulkar has made so many records because he don't bother to make records. Records are made automatically by him. Thats the one reason he has made more 'records rather than any other player.

I'm sure Sachin would have preferred to bring up this milestone in a Test match against Australia, Pakistan or England. In Australia in 2011-12 he was clearly passed his prime, but then again so were Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag...

Back