Senior Central 2nds

fooey5for10

New Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

Too Old Body Broke;329097 said:
Think you will find he is not qualified for 2nds....... I may be wrong, but I think too many in the 1's??
We are most definately "beatable". Geezus, quite a few games we have been in all sorts. Just in a couple we have found a way out, and some we havent?? Gonna be interesting last Sat this week. And the finals to come...... it really is anyones for the taking.

Good luck Foo on the run chase. Sure gonna be some talking point if you guys get up!!
good morning!!

if thats the case with the ace then all us bowlers can breathe a sigh of relief he wont be sighted in the finals series!!

spotswood have always seemed to get out of trouble, tobb... even playing against wheels & the lads in the 3s over the years weve had them 5/30 & theyve seemed to manage 250 in the end. thats a good confidence to have with the batting at your cricket club!!

**laugh** maybe the rain were currently having will save us?? ;)
 
Re: Senior Central 2nds

fooey5for10;329247 said:
good morning!!

if thats the case with the ace then all us bowlers can breathe a sigh of relief he wont be sighted in the finals series!!

spotswood have always seemed to get out of trouble, tobb... even playing against wheels & the lads in the 3s over the years weve had them 5/30 & theyve seemed to manage 250 in the end. thats a good confidence to have with the batting at your cricket club!!

**laugh** maybe the rain were currently having will save us?? ;)
unfortunately not even wheels could save spotty on this occasion :eek:

lol having trouble linking the result, but it's round 9, north c2, 2006/7 season against flemington
 

Schofield

New Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

G day boys, some good discussion here, let me add a rpb perspective. Firstly i think given that they are assured of finishing on top and won the flag last year, Spotty would obviously be the bookie's favourite at this stage. YC look to be finding form, but I'd still have Spotty ahead of the at this stage.Having said that, i agree that once the finals start, its a completely different game and everyone's in with a show. One interesting point is that we are one all with YC and Spotty, but all four of these games were on dayers, and come finals the longer version is a completely different ball game. Should be very interesting to see what happens in the longer version of the game, I think as talked about, our batting depth makes us suited to this form of the game. But we've still got to make it. Fooey's boys are up against it, but given the pitch and outfield i don't actually think our score is that far ahead of par. However if we bowl well and take our catches, we should be able to bring home the bacon.

As for availability of 1s players, hopefully there are playing in their own finals and we don't have to worry about selection issues there. However, i reckon all this talk about Ace is only going to add to his already noticeable strut at training this week!!
 

fooey5for10

New Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

Schofield;329323 said:
G day boys, some good discussion here, let me add a rpb perspective. Firstly i think given that they are assured of finishing on top and won the flag last year, Spotty would obviously be the bookie's favourite at this stage. YC look to be finding form, but I'd still have Spotty ahead of the at this stage.Having said that, i agree that once the finals start, its a completely different game and everyone's in with a show. One interesting point is that we are one all with YC and Spotty, but all four of these games were on dayers, and come finals the longer version is a completely different ball game. Should be very interesting to see what happens in the longer version of the game, I think as talked about, our batting depth makes us suited to this form of the game. But we've still got to make it. Fooey's boys are up against it, but given the pitch and outfield i don't actually think our score is that far ahead of par. However if we bowl well and take our catches, we should be able to bring home the bacon.

As for availability of 1s players, hopefully there are playing in their own finals and we don't have to worry about selection issues there. However, i reckon all this talk about Ace is only going to add to his already noticeable strut at training this week!!
well, we know theres 3 definite finalists so far that are all evenly matched so that leaves 4th position up for grabs. its going to be a great day saturday as im sure jacko will have a scout up at ryder to keep him updated on proceedings. who knows what he'll be saying to him come 6pm!! one things for sure... were going to give the 427 a bloody good shake!! it will be a top finals series as royal park/brunswick, spotswood & yarraville club are worthy finalists. who will join them??

i noticed last night he had an extra spring in his step & im sure the ace is loving all the attention hes generating in this forum currently!! ;)
 

jacko66

Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

Fooey, as I see it, CY's has just got to concentrate on our own game this week, we've got no control over how you guys go. If we get the win, we'll rack up 16 points min which should be just enough to go past the loser at Ryder (you and RPB are only 0.1 away from each other.)

Good to see you back up in the 2's, shame it wasn't a week earlier.
 
Re: Senior Central 2nds

Schofield;329323 said:
G day boys, some good discussion here, let me add a rpb perspective. Firstly i think given that they are assured of finishing on top and won the flag last year, Spotty would obviously be the bookie's favourite at this stage. YC look to be finding form, but I'd still have Spotty ahead of the at this stage.Having said that, i agree that once the finals start, its a completely different game and everyone's in with a show. One interesting point is that we are one all with YC and Spotty, but all four of these games were on dayers, and come finals the longer version is a completely different ball game. Should be very interesting to see what happens in the longer version of the game, I think as talked about, our batting depth makes us suited to this form of the game. But we've still got to make it. Fooey's boys are up against it, but given the pitch and outfield i don't actually think our score is that far ahead of par. However if we bowl well and take our catches, we should be able to bring home the bacon.

As for availability of 1s players, hopefully there are playing in their own finals and we don't have to worry about selection issues there. However, i reckon all this talk about Ace is only going to add to his already noticeable strut at training this week!!
Ahhhh Scho's back!!!!! Nice to hear from ya!! Your score is not that far ahead of par??? 420 odd??? Well I hope we dont have to play any finals out there... the game is made for batsmen as it is!!

And Foo, I am liking the way you are giving yourselves a chance this week. Gotta stay positive, funny game this!!

Jacko, good to see you've done some numbers for potential results this week. Sure will be tight as to who does/nt make it. On a side note, I would love to play against Gilla. He will prob send me into orbit and then we would def hear from Rhino!!
 

fooey5for10

New Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

jacko66;329637 said:
Fooey, as I see it, CY's has just got to concentrate on our own game this week, we've got no control over how you guys go. If we get the win, we'll rack up 16 points min which should be just enough to go past the loser at Ryder (you and RPB are only 0.1 away from each other.)

Good to see you back up in the 2's, shame it wasn't a week earlier.
gday jacko!!

so that means you WONT be sending a scout up to us to see how things are going?? are you a bit nervous about youlden parkville getting up, brother?? who knows, maybe sunshine druids can hold you out the whole day & deny williamstown cyms an 11th hour entry!! ;)

its nice to be back. yes, i do enjoy playing against your lads... ive gathered runs in the 4 knocks ive had!! we certainly lacked batting depth down at the fearon in round 9 - the 4 may have been set already & not this exciting finish we have coming up in 2 days...
 

fooey5for10

New Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

Too Old Body Broke;329646 said:
Ahhhh Scho's back!!!!! Nice to hear from ya!! Your score is not that far ahead of par??? 420 odd??? Well I hope we dont have to play any finals out there... the game is made for batsmen as it is!!

And Foo, I am liking the way you are giving yourselves a chance this week. Gotta stay positive, funny game this!!

Jacko, good to see you've done some numbers for potential results this week. Sure will be tight as to who does/nt make it. On a side note, I would love to play against Gilla. He will prob send me into orbit and then we would def hear from Rhino!!
gday tobb!!

you bet were a chance... same deck, same outfield. well we need to brother - weve been in the 4 since round 1 & we'll be upset (putting it nicely) if we miss out!!
 

fooey5for10

New Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

altonanorthlegend;329689 said:
ok boys lets not muck around , who do you guys think hold the keys from each side .
ok, after having a look through the vtca website & when i played against these teams, ive come up with 12 players from the 5 leading clubs:

michael langhorne yarraville club
gavin truter yarraville club
michael stringer youlden parkville
alex groucott royal park/brunswick
sebastian oliver royal park/brunswick
anders welsh spotswood
john ross spotswood
adrian fortini spotswood
billy millar williamstown cyms
edward ebinger williamstown cyms
danny marcok williamstown cyms
michael jackson williamstown cyms

these fellows have all had the most important thing in cricket i believe: consistency. they have performed at various times for their clubs throughout the season & whether they can carry their form into the finals remains to be seen.

no doubt they will all give it one more shake this weekend before the REAL stuff starts...
 
Re: Senior Central 2nds

fooey5for10;329790 said:
ok, after having a look through the vtca website & when i played against these teams, ive come up with 12 players from the 5 leading clubs:

michael langhorne yarraville club
gavin truter yarraville club
michael stringer youlden parkville
alex groucott royal park/brunswick
sebastian oliver royal park/brunswick
anders welsh spotswood
john ross spotswood
adrian fortini spotswood
billy millar williamstown cyms
edward ebinger williamstown cyms
danny marcok williamstown cyms
michael jackson williamstown cyms

these fellows have all had the most important thing in cricket i believe: consistency. they have performed at various times for their clubs throughout the season & whether they can carry their form into the finals remains to be seen.

no doubt they will all give it one more shake this weekend before the REAL stuff starts...
Good job Foo. I think Brian McFadden's cousin from YC deserves a mention. Bowled well against us earlier this year and no doubt will do so again. Aand I guess the skipper from RPB seems to have had a solid year? I am sure there will be quite a few others that will stand up between now and the end of March. Good luck to all.
 

jacko66

Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

You musn't rate too many of your mates at Youlden (or yourself) Fooey. You guys need to find someone to score (lots) of runs and by this Saturday hopefully. I know you're confident, but it is a BIG ask regardless of the track and outfield.

As for CY's, our key is to get all 10 wickets against Druids. If we can't do that we're history, simple as that. Worrying about how many we have to chase or looking ahead to semi's is pointless. We've shared the wickets this year between 3 of the guys that you mention (Ebinger, Marcock & yours truly) and not dropped so many recently (against Spotty was embarrassing.) If we keep it up tomorrow we reckon we're a chance.

I reckon Spotty are pretty even, Anders leads with the bat and Rossy with the ball, but there is plenty of depth in both areas. They always seem to have 7 or 8 blokes that bowl, even when they roll a team relatively cheaply.

Don't know that much about RPB. James got a ton against us, but he won't be in the finals, and they only used 3 bowlers, 2 of whom are now also in the 1's. Cusack looks to be a key from the stats. As said before, I haven't played YC.

Good luck to all on Saturday, it's great to see a meaningful last round.
 

jacko66

Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

TOBB, I forgot 1 key and I know I said we shouldn't look too far ahead. But, if we can get a final v Spotty, flying Rhino back to see you and Gilbo go at each other could be a key. Imagine the spray coming over the fence! You'd have to pitch it up a bit further than normal to get it down to the level of Gilbo's lid.
 
Re: Senior Central 2nds

fooey5for10;329790 said:
ok, after having a look through the vtca website & when i played against these teams, ive come up with 12 players from the 5 leading clubs:

michael langhorne yarraville club
gavin truter yarraville club
michael stringer youlden parkville
alex groucott royal park/brunswick
sebastian oliver royal park/brunswick
anders welsh spotswood
john ross spotswood
adrian fortini spotswood
billy millar williamstown cyms
edward ebinger williamstown cyms
danny marcok williamstown cyms
michael jackson williamstown cyms

these fellows have all had the most important thing in cricket i believe: consistency. they have performed at various times for their clubs throughout the season & whether they can carry their form into the finals remains to be seen.

no doubt they will all give it one more shake this weekend before the REAL stuff starts...
foo, in al honesty there are a few blokes from yp's who could really cause a stir this weekend, although i'm not sure if they're selected. D Vogels is capable of making big scores, and if supported by blokes like freddy, z cameron and your keeper... as well as yourself who knows what could happen. it would be a shame for royal park not to make it after how they've performed all year... no sarcasm
 
Re: Senior Central 2nds

jacko66;330062 said:
TOBB, I forgot 1 key and I know I said we shouldn't look too far ahead. But, if we can get a final v Spotty, flying Rhino back to see you and Gilbo go at each other could be a key. Imagine the spray coming over the fence! You'd have to pitch it up a bit further than normal to get it down to the level of Gilbo's lid.
Oh great, that would be all I need, Rhino up in the trees bangin out abuse!! I am sure Rhino would love to be there if the cards fall your way this Sat. And as Rhino has said, I am the only bowler he knows who runs in to bowl with a lid on!!
 

fooey5for10

New Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

jacko66;330061 said:
You musn't rate too many of your mates at Youlden (or yourself) Fooey. You guys need to find someone to score (lots) of runs and by this Saturday hopefully. I know you're confident, but it is a BIG ask regardless of the track and outfield.

As for CY's, our key is to get all 10 wickets against Druids. If we can't do that we're history, simple as that. Worrying about how many we have to chase or looking ahead to semi's is pointless. We've shared the wickets this year between 3 of the guys that you mention (Ebinger, Marcock & yours truly) and not dropped so many recently (against Spotty was embarrassing.) If we keep it up tomorrow we reckon we're a chance.

I reckon Spotty are pretty even, Anders leads with the bat and Rossy with the ball, but there is plenty of depth in both areas. They always seem to have 7 or 8 blokes that bowl, even when they roll a team relatively cheaply.

Don't know that much about RPB. James got a ton against us, but he won't be in the finals, and they only used 3 bowlers, 2 of whom are now also in the 1's. Cusack looks to be a key from the stats. As said before, I haven't played YC.

Good luck to all on Saturday, it's great to see a meaningful last round.
DizzyGillepsie;330081 said:
foo, in al honesty there are a few blokes from yp's who could really cause a stir this weekend, although i'm not sure if they're selected. D Vogels is capable of making big scores, and if supported by blokes like freddy, z cameron and your keeper... as well as yourself who knows what could happen. it would be a shame for royal park not to make it after how they've performed all year... no sarcasm[/QUOTE

good afternoon to all!!

to answer your question jacko, we havent really had anyone stand out with the bat this year just a few cameos here & there. noone has been consistent enough to remain patient & build an innings. weve been rolled cheaply a few times because of this "disease" we have in the team. but, of course, it could all turn around tomorrow with 4 guys hitting tons!!! ;)

**laugh** maybe sunshine druids can surprise the competition & hold you out for 80 overs... funny game this one!!

its going to be a talking point monday, thats for sure...

well dizz, they have tomorrow to do it because there is no tomorrow otherwise!! dom vogels not playing this game as unavailable last week. his talent is being put to use with the 4s on sunday!! freddy, akka, dc (david callinan) - theyve been scratchy at best this season. as for me... i know what i need to do dizz & hopefully youll see the fruits of the labour monday morning on the vtca website or hear about it first here!!

i agree, royal park/brunswick have earned the opportunity for finals...
 

Maxtor

New Member
Re: Senior Central 2nds

In regards to Ace Ellaray, why would RPBCC have him playing in the 2nds? He'd be in the top 5 or 6 players in Senior Division...
 
Top