South A and B 2010/2011

2bluesboss

South A and B 2010/2011

Time for the South AB's to start filtering some info....what's the goss!

I've heard Ferguson the former Hampton coach is headed for Brighton and been replaced by a guy from DDCA and who has been assistant coaching at Dandy under Ayres.....any news?!

Re: South A and B 2010/2011

2bluesboss;405692 said:
Time for the South AB's to start filtering some info....what's the goss!

I've heard Ferguson the former Hampton coach is headed for Brighton and been replaced by a guy from DDCA and who has been assistant coaching at Dandy under Ayres.....any news?!

South B looks like it is where it is all at this year - Bradley from Highett is playing at the perrenial powerhouse Parkdale United. And Travis Campbell former Aspendale and Mordialloc all rounder has signed for the sum of a new house to play at Moorabbin Park. Will make 1,000 runs by Xmas on that postage stamp though they will lose half the money they are paying him in new balls as he smacks them onto the train tracks. Campbell is a seriously good cricketer and won South A cricketer of the year on a shocking Mordialloc deck every second week so it is scary to think what he will do to South B attacks on that tiny ground!

So.....Parky United v Moorabbin Park in South B final done and dusted on the back of one new recruit each!? Maybe/Maybe not!? Definately think Moorabbin Park will be there abouts, especially with home ground advantage....but the vibe is that PU will still be a bit weak around the edges.
Any word on Middle Park? Picked up anyone to make them a bit more competitive...I think the brothers will pick up a gear after aclimitising to Southern wickets for a season.
Anyone heard anything about Bonbeach? Carnegie? Murrumbeena? All advertised for new players/coaches etc.

2bluesboss;405717 said:
So.....Parky United v Moorabbin Park in South B final done and dusted on the back of one new recruit each!? Maybe/Maybe not!? Definately think Moorabbin Park will be there abouts, especially with home ground advantage....but the vibe is that PU will still be a bit weak around the edges.
Any word on Middle Park? Picked up anyone to make them a bit more competitive...I think the brothers will pick up a gear after aclimitising to Southern wickets for a season.
Anyone heard anything about Bonbeach? Carnegie? Murrumbeena? All advertised for new players/coaches etc.

PUCC were very average last year...not sure one player will make all the difference...will need some big improvement from their grunts.

Looking forward to seeing how Campbell goes. Moorabbin Park were probably wishing they had him last year in South A1 rather than having to wallow in the mire that is South B1 cricket.

Is Gelbert the guy that bowls off the wrong foot?

I guess most clubs would be happy to know Perera has left Heatherton to try his luck in the subbies this season. ALL the batsmen will not be having nightmares this year.

leroy1304;406159 said:
I guess most clubs would be happy to know Perera has left Heatherton to try his luck in the subbies this season. ALL the batsmen will not be having nightmares this year.

Hey Leroy, that's big news- has it happened or just a nice thought :confused:

he has gone to noble park i believe, im tipping your not the only one
with a smile on your face. i think they will be competitive without him
but thats a big hole to fill. :D

And to think I'd spent my whole pre-season so far practicing reverse sweeps and lofting drives over extra cover just to hit Perera out of the attack....back into my shell with a few defensive prods then!!!

Just want to wish the Carnegie boys some luck in South A1 this season....a nice bunch of guys who really love their cricket...however, I don't think their love will get them through so hopefully they have a couple of recruits to help out the skipper Greene and the chucker Tripathi.

Still no word on Murrumbeena lads!?!? Are they going to be competitive?
Have they got Middleton, Lamb, Martin, Bird, Hardham???
I think they'll thin out quickly without these guys!

So a bowler as C/C. Lifts their bowling stocks....but what about batting....a bit thin!?!? No Lamb, No Bird, certainly cutting down on the protein options...:D

My source is Ferguson is still playing at HCC and yes has been replaced by the Dandy bloke...

Back