3rd ODI - South Africa v West Indies
St George's Park, Port Elizabeth

February. Fri 1
4th ODI - South Africa v West Indies
Kingsmead, Durban

February, Sun 3
5th ODI - South Africa v West Indies
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Even though West Indies pulled off a miraculous win in the Twenty20, I can't see the same happening in the Test matches. Their bowling is pretty poor and batting depends completely on Chanderpaul and Chris Gayle, who is doubtful for the first test.

Re: South Africa v West Indies

Westindies have, surprisingly, performed very well on the first day. With 281-4 they have definitely had a better day than SA.

south africa werent good with the ball yesterday. samuels played really well but he got out on 94 unfortunately. that might give south africa the edge.

Didn't expect them to play well. But they need to continue the good work. There isnt much batting to come after the pair of Chanderpaul and Bravo. South Africa can easily come back into the game if they get early wickets today.

Chanderpaul is a good batsman and very difficult to dismiss. If Bravo plays well then West Indies can score 400. But their bowling is very poor and they will struggle a lot.

It is a bit harsh to say that their bowlingis very poor after they destroyed SA in the pro20 at the very same ground tht the est is being played. I am not making any predictions but I would say that if westindies could get a big total up around 400, they have a chance to put SA under some pressure if they get ome early wickets.

Oh I didnt watch that match. The twenty20 match where they lost after scoring 200 was in my mind. Their performance has improved a lot since then.

West Indies have lost the wickets of Bravo and Ramdin, but Sammy looks like a good batsman. I think they will get to 400.
West Indian bowling has improved, but Kallis will be a big threat to them. Amla has also been in good form recently.

West Indies have looked good so far in this test match.Let's hope they can continue.With the West Indies all players apart from Chanderpaul seem to lack patience which is you need in abundance in Test cricket.If they can get the patience in both batting and bowling and improve the fielding they will be a strong nation again.As an added bonus if they can develop a young spinner and bring him through the ranks it would be a huge plus for them.

They have done very well in both batting and bowling. I hope they can continue and win the match from here. South Africa are 286 runs behind. If West Indies can get them out within the next 100 runs, they have a great chance to win.

Great to see the windies playing well again, i love them as a side and im really hopeful that the side can keep up this level and win the match and even go on an win the series :D.

Good day for the Windies, they have really shocked SA, I think.

If they can get a 200 lead and build from there, they have a real chance of a win.

Yeah that would be a good time to declare. They should have a lead of about 450-500 by then.
I think South Africa were taking West Indies lightly and they have been shocked by the great performance that West Indies have put up. Similar to when they were playing the first of the three tests against India last year.

and then they collapsed. i was really hoping shiv could have done something, but then he gets out and things arent looking to good for the windies

they still managed to set a very big target. not many times near 400 is made in the 4th innings. south africa are already in trouble after losing 3 early wickets. when i looked at the score i couldnt believe my eyes that west indies are bowling so well.

West Indies finally back on the winning track.Nice to see the bolwers only bowled FIVE extras in the second innings!Not something we are used to seeing from the recent Windies attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back