South Division 2011/12

I wonder what sort of deck Chelsea will serve up to OM next week? PM lost 20/20 last night and looked below standard to SC who have only managed two wins in Senior Div this year. Parkdale should remain in third or possible second spot with a big win over hapless Hampton. Chelsea or BD for fourth?

I wonder what sort of deck Chelsea will serve up to OM next week? PM lost 20/20 last night and looked below standard to SC who have only managed two wins in Senior Div this year. Parkdale should remain in third or possible second spot with a big win over hapless Hampton. Chelsea or BD for fourth?

The deck at Chelsea is one of the best going around and there curator takes great pride in it so I'd say it'll be a belter as usual especially seeings they haven't had the toss yet

All set up for a very interesting last round...

You'd expect Port Melbourne to give Tangy a touch and maintain their top spot.

Old Mentonians vs. Chelsea. I'm backing Chelsea in to win this at their home ground. Going to have to be a decent win as well, as Brighton are playing Mentone and you'd expect them to win pretty easily.

Parkdale should bounce back and beat Hampton and potentially jump Old Mentonians to have the home semi against them.

Hoping Chelsea can maintain their 4th spot and play Port in the Semi. I think Daykin would be nervous, with his finals rep and after Eastwood got him for a golden in 2008/09 Grandfinal. Chelsea are more then capable of an upset.

All set up for a very interesting last round...

You'd expect Port Melbourne to give Tangy a touch and maintain their top spot.

Old Mentonians vs. Chelsea. I'm backing Chelsea in to win this at their home ground. Going to have to be a decent win as well, as Brighton are playing Mentone and you'd expect them to win pretty easily.

Parkdale should bounce back and beat Hampton and potentially jump Old Mentonians to have the home semi against them.

Hoping Chelsea can maintain their 4th spot and play Port in the Semi. I think Daykin would be nervous, with his finals rep and after Eastwood got him for a golden in 2008/09 Grandfinal. Chelsea are more then capable of an upset.

I'd laugh if Chelsea miss out on the 4 by less than .6 after chapple lead the way in them batting for the last 5 overs for bonus points ( which chapple left before the opening batters even walked out) they went on to lose 3 wickets... And are now .53 behind parkdale Could be one of those decision you later regret seeings they have the toughest draw of the round and every point is going to count!

I doubt port will make the top 4. They rely too heavily on Dakin. W proved if you get a couple of early ones there isnt a lot left. We would have beaten them if it wasn't for the weather and then people would be saying aren't bonny doing well...
Just looking at some of the older posts, kind of makes you laugh. most people left OM out of their top 4 predictions because of their start, but they were always going to make a strong run. Just wondering if hometreechangingroom still thinks Port wont make the 4, thinking that Port might be keen to hand a pre finals smashing to the Tangy's.
Thinking OM will beat Chelsea and Brighton will take over 4th spot.
Parkdale to beat Hampton easily and that will see all finalist going in on a winning note.
Which of these sides could handle the step up the best, and have they got the budget to make them even competitive in Senior div. Beauy are flying, but they were a bloody strong side last year. So it can be done.

Chapps mouthing off Never! Intersting games in play can Chelsea get OM out for 167 they already have them 1/14! What about BD getting Mentone out for 57! Might be an out right on the cards there. Parkdale also shaky at 2 for 20odd.

Yes, it's going to be a very interesting end to the season. Parkdale, although only chasing 149, have lost both Galloway and Walling. Chelsea's 168 might also be a challenge for OMs.

Meanwhile, Port made a healthy 300+ with four scores above 50. That's good even batting, and a great way to prepare for a semi. And Jed Donnell made his second ton of the season at Beena. Perhaps the Beena committee should have a chat to him - at that rate he might make six tons a year if Beena was his home ground!

Port remain my favourite for the flag.

Sadly my only excuses will be how to get out of the house as I'm not playing! But considering Brightons position in the game and the fact Chelsea have good covers may worry you! in saying that out of all the teams in finals I would like to see Parkdale do well, I have some good friends down there.

Sadly my only excuses will be how to get out of the house as I'm not playing! But considering Brightons position in the game and the fact Chelsea have good covers may worry you! in saying that out of all the teams in finals I would like to see Parkdale do well, I have some good friends down there.
I think the reason Parky can win it is the depth they have in their team and the strength and variety of their attack.No doubt if a Daykin for Port or Seary at O,M'S have a great game they are in the box seat but they are relying on one gun player whereas there is no standout for Parky and they even across the board.Their attack having said that is still not a senior div attack.

Has a guy ever made two hundreds against the same team in a seson. Mind you the worst attack in the comp on the best batting deck in the comp and its no surprise to see some of the beltings Beena have been hit for.

I think if anything you have that the wrong way round. Just because they have a gun player in each doesnt mean they dont have depth. Old Ment and Port Melb have been the stand out teams throughout. Parkdale do have decent attack on their day. But they do not have as much batting depth as Old Ment and Port. I would go as far to say Chelsea and Brighton have as much batting as Parkdale.

I think Parkdale need to make the 4 first before everyone gets on their bandwagon. They could easily lose against hampton and miss out. Have they won a game since Christmas? Port, OM, Brighton, Chelsea gave them a good touch up. So they have lost to all their competitors, in most cases easily too. Good job they had an outright early otherwise they would be mid table

If a team has depth they dont lose that many games.

I am going for Old Ment vs Port grand final. Two best teams

I think the reason Parky can win it is the depth they have in their team and the strength and variety of their attack.No doubt if a Daykin for Port or Seary at O,M'S have a great game they are in the box seat but they are relying on one gun player whereas there is no standout for Parky and they even across the board.Their attack having said that is still not a senior div attack.

Has a guy ever made two hundreds against the same team in a seson. Mind you the worst attack in the comp on the best batting deck in the comp and its no surprise to see some of the beltings Beena have been hit for.

Moreover, how does a team end up playing the same team, at the same ground, twice in a season!! And at Beena too, the best ground / pitch in the comp, Chelt would be dancing up and down. Imagine the other end of the scale, if you had to cop Dendy Park twice in a year, would almost do a Chelsea 2s and just forfeit the game...

Moreover, how does a team end up playing the same team, at the same ground, twice in a season!! And at Beena too, the best ground / pitch in the comp, Chelt would be dancing up and down. Imagine the other end of the scale, if you had to cop Dendy Park twice in a year, would almost do a Chelsea 2s and just forfeit the game...
Sometimes it's the VTCA's doing. Last year in South A there were only 8 teams, so they played 7 one-day and two-day games. You would think it would be easy to just reverse the fixtures for the second set of 7, but no, the VTCA did all sorts of odd things. I think that most teams played one club twice at the same ground, some clubs played two clubs at the same venue.

I believe that the Chelt ground wasn't ready for round 2, day 1, so they asked for the swap in order to play a 2-day game. The twos played a one-day game at Cheltenham.

Brighton don't seem to be given much of a chance at a contender for the flag this year.

Some games are still in the balance this round.

Port vs. Tangy - Port could outright the Tang, but either way- with that score posted, they will keep top spot.
Old Mentonians vs. Chelsea - If Chelsea win they're a chance at snagging 4'th spot (if Parkdale lose). Too close to call. Not sure who the Old Mentonian Batsman is out. I'm going for Chelsea at their home ground.
Parkdale vs. Hampton - With Galloway and Walling out it could make things very difficult for Parkdale at Castlefield. Looking the goods prior to Christmas, but have struggled after.
Brighton vs. Mentone - Brighton looking very solid for the Outright.
Murrumbeena vs. Cheltenham - Result won't matter.

If Parkdale & Old Mentonians lose and Brighton win Outright, then the ladder looks like this :

Port
Brighton
Old Mentone
Chelsea
Parkdale

Brighton vs. Old Mentonians @ Dendy.
Port vs. Chelsea @ North Port.

I think that Brighton could be a very big chance at an upset and winning the flag. Lead by Stewart, who's had a great season.

Surely OMs and Parky can chase down 160 and 150 respectively? OMs are not getting enough credit here, any side with Tolley + Woite + Seeary as batting depth is pretty strong, plus the depth players like Fisher, Russo etc. And Parky are surely good enough to beat Hampton, who rely on one player. Ferguson to get a big one against his old team.

Back