South Division 2011/12

So the Duffman swings a wrecking ball through Port, Merifield kicks on for a big half-century against Brighton District, Chelsea make a mockery of last seasons South A Premiers, Old Mentonians do the same to the South A Runners Up, and D Petley collects T Lamb again for Parkdale to climb on top. Early results - hard to tell who's who in the zoo?

So the Duffman swings a wrecking ball through Port, Merifield kicks on for a big half-century against Brighton District, Chelsea make a mockery of last seasons South A Premiers, Old Mentonians do the same to the South A Runners Up, and D Petley collects T Lamb again for Parkdale to climb on top. Early results - hard to tell who's who in the zoo?
That'd be a first ball on the innings golden duck for 1 t. Lamb

ouch, obviously not a pitch issue with Parkdale's bats enjoying the conditions redefine? your thoughts on Parkdale's chances and can Murrumbeena pick themselves up?
I play for parky so I'll reserve judgement for someone else sorry! Any team with lamb in its going to do well but as we proved get him early and the rest fall over pretty quickly... They really miss rudge

ali-muhammad-22.jpg

Sledge although at times it may not seem so this forum actually has a bit of sense about it. Please don't jump on here when it suits and bring it down. Most people on here know which team blokes come from, we don't really hide behind this.

Sledge although at times it may not seem so this forum actually has a bit of sense about it. Please don't jump on here when it suits and bring it down. Most people on here know which team blokes come from, we don't really hide behind this.
Thats fine mate and i accept that UA, but when they make up shit that has never occured i will have a crack. Too many keyboard warriers so how they could fix things , but never put their hand up to do things.
The forum in this form IMO is nowhere near as good as the old and has probably turned people off. Having said that there is nowhere near the personal attacks that were say happening 2 or 3 years ago and thats a good thing

Any thoughts on how strong the South Comp is this year. I couldnt see any of the current South teams being competative in senior division unless they went on a major recruiting drive

Any thoughts on how strong the South Comp is this year. I couldnt see any of the current South teams being competative in senior division unless they went on a major recruiting drive
Have you seen a parkdale game yet there bowling line up would be as good if not better than any in senior division... Plus even though they haven't fired yet any team with daykin and khawaja would be competitive and I wouldn't discount old mentonians very good at playing boring 2 day cricket and grinding out wins

come have a look for yourself :)
No doubt redfine they probably have the best attack in South Div but you cant seriously think that same attack would be running through the likes of Yarraville Club in Senior. That same attack you think would be the best in senior div has failed to win you a flag in South A the last few years. Petley only has a few overs in him, Seary bowls slow medium these days and is cannon fodder on a flat deck, Young is a good change bowler but never takes bags, Atkins was sharp.........5 years ago, and Doughty bowls straight brakes, . The likes of Ion, Baker and O'Keefe would rattle up 400 in a day.

No doubt redfine they probably have the best attack in South Div but you cant seriously think that same attack would be running through the likes of Yarraville Club in Senior. That same attack you think would be the best in senior div has failed to win you a flag in South A the last few years. Petley only has a few overs in him, Seary bowls slow medium these days and is cannon fodder on a flat deck, Young is a good change bowler but never takes bags, Atkins was sharp.........5 years ago, and Doughty bowls straight brakes, . The likes of Ion, Baker and O'Keefe would rattle up 400 in a day.

Glad to see I'm bowling 'em this week :D

I don't think they'd run through sides I think they would be extremely competitive and as good of a bowling group as you will get. You don't need to bowl fast to get wickets just bowl consistent line and length and do a bit which seary does. And just ask tocca if he has ever spun one? Yet gets wickets every game, Dougherty is a better bowler than him, so they'd hold there own. At the end of the day its just my opinion :)

Back