South Division 2011/12

Funny things alright SSledge.Beena all out for 100 so they cant make it now,OM should win that with ease and move to top spot.
PMelb may go down to a suprise loss to Brighton, assume that was a dicey wicket? Chelsea a chance against Parkdale in a one dayer so who knows the four may not be set yet. Expect the last round to be even more intersting.

Don't know about the state of the wicket at Dendy Park, equally likely because it's a very slow ground. When Brighton played OMs there they scored barely 100 in 80 overs, Port's 105 in 54 overs is 2 per over, nearly twice as good as that earlier effort by Brighton, and Port have another 13 overs to bat.

Some very odd weather on Saturday, with heavy rain falling in some places, with none in others...

Very weird things.... I'd like to hear what some of the Chelsea boys think of the weekend's 'weather'. Sitting 6 points out of the 4.
I'd imagine they're as pissed as the home team that's in the four with less than a points breathing space.
see www.parkdalecc.com for details YB.
Beyond sitting on the pitch all Friday night we're at the mercy of the complete nobs who see digging up a pitch in the dead of night as entertainment.

I'd imagine they're as pissed as the home team that's in the four with less than a points breathing space.
see www.parkdalecc.com for details YB.
Beyond sitting on the pitch all Friday night we're at the mercy of the complete nobs who see digging up a pitch in the dead of night as entertainment.

And a 1 day game suits Chelsea more than a 2 day game...

I'm not suggesting that Parkdale delibrately dug up their own wicket.... Just saying I think it's more of a coincidence that people would go to all the effort to pull back the covers and hack up the wicket.

I can't see how you'd assume Chelsea would prefer a one-day match either. You chased down 192 in a One-Day match round 1 this season against them at their own ground.

If Chelseas thought process is similar to years gone by then finishing 5th would suit them. Means they have had a decent year and don't have to play senior division if they won the grand final. I'd imagine they'd get less then 7 in the 2s travelling to Airport west.

If Chelseas thought process is similar to years gone by then finishing 5th would suit them. Means they have had a decent year and don't have to play senior division if they won the grand final. I'd imagine they'd get less then 7 in the 2s travelling to Airport west.

That's a very good point... The League would probably allow them to stay down (or even drop down to South A again- as it seemed to work for them last time). It's pretty poor that a club nominates to stay down or to relegate themselves based on the fact that their Senior players can't be bothered travelling, and that their 2'nd XI are a joke.

I'm not suggesting that Parkdale delibrately dug up their own wicket.... Just saying I think it's more of a coincidence that people would go to all the effort to pull back the covers and hack up the wicket.

I can't see how you'd assume Chelsea would prefer a one-day match either. You chased down 192 in a One-Day match round 1 this season against them at their own ground.
considering they also took the effort to use the picket attached to the Please Keep Off sign to do the digging, the issue of peeling back the covers is fairly insignificant, and I'm not sure what you're saying- just saying....

yeah i played in that game they were missing bowlers, just the attacking nature of their batting in my opinion is more suited to a 1 day game.

considering they also took the effort to use the picket attached to the Please Keep Off sign to do the digging, the issue of peeling back the covers is fairly insignificant, and I'm not sure what you're saying- just saying....
Must have hit a nerve with my comments.
I was reffering to sledges comment that 'funny things' happen in the last few rounds.
I would consider Parkdale's pitch being ripped up a funny thing.

If you look at this simply Chelsea is more realistic chance to win in a one day game. In fact any team below the top four are more of a chance to beat a top four side in a one day game rather then a two day game as the class normally prevails in the two day format. Funny things seem to happen regularly when Chelsea play, it used to happen when they were in Senior division and it appears the same funny things havnt changed now they are in South!

Not saying anything dodgy going on but is it a coincidence that the parkdale pitch being dug up has anything to do with Hamptons ground being turfed this week!!!! Couple of roles short maybe????

Some very interesting results on the weekend. Chelsea put a massive dent in Parkdale and Brighton finals chances. Must have been a green top at Brighton going by the score card. That result has surely locked up top spot for Port. OM do what they do well and look to have got themselves a home final. My money is on them 2 for the Granny, they are a fair bit ahead of the other teams IMO. Although I'm sure both sides will be keeping an eye on where Chelsea finish.
Looking forward to the last rd,

Thoughts on who is flag favourite. Surely any side with Daykin in it would have to be the favourites, just another lazy 121* out of 155

Agree re Port M being favourites but Old Mentonians have the class of Seeary, who has knocked Daykin over in last years semi. Daykin's finals efforts = 29,0, and 0...if he gets going he is just about unstoppable. But he is human....

Agree re Port M being favourites but Old Mentonians have the class of Seeary, who has knocked Daykin over in last years semi. Daykin's finals efforts = 29,0, and 0...if he gets going he is just about unstoppable. But he is human....
Gee those stats must be on the mind of Daykin, but I'll back him to play to his ability. it would be an awesome game just to watch them 2 going at each other. I think Seary is hands down the best bowler in the comp. Also believe that OM rely just as heavily on their Pom as port do on Daykin making runs. Haven't got much other then him

I tend to agree with homebrew. Beena have been taken for 300+ three times, and 200+ another three times, but all OM could manage was 148. That suggests batting may be a problem for them. I like Port for the flag.

Wow they are damming stats for Daykin. I still would think Port is fav for flag. Looking at the last time Port & OM played there was only 20 runs between the teams with Daykin making a duck and Tolly making a ton so that suggestes to me Port may be stronger. Should be a great GF if they both make it.

Back