J. Tolley (Old Mentonians)
R. Stewart (Brighton Districts)
J. Donnell (Cheltenham)
J. Cole (Port Melbounre) (WK)
J. Woite (Old Mentonians)
J. Seeary(Old Mentonians) (C)
P. Batten (Bonbeach Tangy)
S. Gara (Brighton Districts)

The last day saw OM dismissed for 167, leaving PM 171 to win in 62 or so overs. They were a good chance for a long time, but nobody was able to stay in and bat with Daykin, who made 67 and batted very sensibly until he got down towards the end of the order. By then the run rate was around 4rpo, and he was caught in the outfield. OM dismissed PM for 131 (from memory) and won by 40 runs. (scores accurate to within a couple of runs). Seeary took 6 for ************-all, had 3/9 off 10 in his first spell.

Old Mentonians win promotion into Senior Division after winning South A two years ago, and being runner-up in South last season. Well done and good luck to them next season.

Port continue to struggle to win finals, but I would expect them to be there or thereabouts again next season on the back of Daykin - unless he decides to try his luck somewhere else.

Congrats to OM with a few of the boys just surfacing now! Fair assessment on Port they battled hard with the ball, but yet again failed with the bat when under the spell of Seeary & Woite.

I have heard it suggested too - within an hour or two of the final. Other people having a beer with me commented that the association will no longer allow a team to choose not to be promoted. I don't know whether there is any such rule, but hearing the OMs guys talking over the last few weekends I would think that playing in Senior Division is what they all wanted.

Going up, end of story. I reckon Port started that story, hoping it would be true.
Souuthern Sludge "It aint necessarily so" A few years back Abion won a premiership in Nth "A" and requested that they remain in Nth"A" and after due consideration by the executive their request was granted. A few years later they disbanded. Avondale heights when runner-up in Nth "A" declined a promotion and it was granted. Avo now in " West B"

A club can put forward a proposition based on extenuating circumstances and the executive will give it due consideration and rule on it's validity. Thats my understanding of it.

Souuthern Sludge "It aint necessarily so" A few years back Abion won a premiership in Nth "A" and requested that they remain in Nth"A" and after due consideration by the executive their request was granted. A few years later they disbanded. Avondale heights when runner-up in Nth "A" declined a promotion and it was granted. Avo now in " West B"

A club can put forward a proposition based on extenuating circumstances and the executive will give it due consideration and rule on it's validity. Thats my understanding of it.
Dingo ,read the post by the Scorer and it will sum it up about OM.

Going up, end of story. I reckon Port started that story, hoping it would be true.
As if Port would want to go up if they haven't earned promotion, they had their chance and failed. SS you lay your foot into them every chance you get, no need to be jealous, hopefully the year after they'll be playing your team in senior div.
The vibe from the Grand Final is that OM are keen to see how they will match up against the senior div sides. Don't worry everyone out there, because Daykin is signed at Port for another year.

As if Port would want to go up if they haven't earned promotion, they had their chance and failed. SS you lay your foot into them every chance you get, no need to be jealous, hopefully the year after they'll be playing your team in senior div.
The vibe from the Grand Final is that OM are keen to see how they will match up against the senior div sides. Don't worry everyone out there, because Daykin is signed at Port for another year.
Not at all mate, Port players were the one's that brought it up after day 2. Jealous of what. On another note Daykin is a gun and could still play District, his late cuts were special.

Back