South Division 2012/13

2bluesboss

Ok lads what's happening down South?
Let's keep it clean down here and not re-hash old crap on this thread ehh!?
Does anyone know what the fixture is looking like?

Tim Dale (McKinnon) off to Port...all round ability should strengthen them even more...surely they cant afford a couple of poms again!?!?

Hasnt their issue been top order batsmen? Not sure how Dale will help?
Bowled really well for us and will be a handful going down a grade but only got 255 runs @ 14 in 2 seasons with the bat...
Also Mat Pearson left us for Murrumbeena great bloke to have in the changeroom, flatter wicket at beena could be good for him.

Brighton District, Chelsea, Cheltenham, Dingley, Heatherton, Mentone, Moorabbin Park, Murrumbeena, Parkdale and Port Melbourne.
No news from Chelsea, BDCC still looking for a coach, Dingley look settled after GF in South A, Heatherton riding high after Premiership in South A, Mentone there and thereabouts (will Wintle line up again), Moorabbin Park bobbing up (Trav still in the frame?), Murrumbeena have signed Pearson and will probably load a pom to help Lamb, Parkdale has picked up two Poms, and Port Melbourne loading up again according to above reports (has Daykin done the dash to Longmuir?). I was surprised Hampton & Bonbeach Tangy both got flicked over Moorabbin Park- was this a request?
Who's looking the goods?

After a chat not too long ago with Pres of Bonbeach, I had the indication they were keen to stick around...interesting.
Mentone have 2 poms lined up also...Wintle or Collins not in the budget?! Mind u think they had 2 poms last season.
Word on Campbell is off to Aspendale?! T/F?
Old Mentone have spruiked on Twatter about chats with a rival local Captain/Pres who's left in a huff and may join the Panthers...Wintle?? Leon from Heatherton?....Seeary from Parkdale....Ravi from Chelsea...Hardham from Beena???

Ah right,missed the significance of Moorabbin Park. With OMs going up, and nobody coming down from Senior to South (there was a rumour that Altona North might be doing that) there was room for one more. Given that, I can't help...

As there hasnt been a south side relegated from Senior for a couple of seasons, the trend over the past few has been:
Premier up (Bentleigh, Beauy, OMs), 2 relegated, and 3 up from South A. I think Murrumbeena in 09/10 and Parky in 10/11 were promoted without playing off in the GF, similar to Moorabin Park. I suppose it has evened out the ratio of North/South in Senior Div. Problem is clubs are dropping like flies in South A. East Malvern the latest to go.

Not quite right. In 10/11 Murrumbeena and Parkdale were defeated in the semi-finals in South A, but played last year in South. However that was a little different, as the Southern grades were reduced from three to two, so it was more of a restructure than a simple promotion.

East Malvern? I know they have been struggling in the VTCA for some years, and believe that prior to last year were told they had to play their 2nds in the VTCA rather than in the Mercantile. I assume they have now moved across to Mercantile?

Dropping like flies indeed - very sad. One day I might count up how many south clubs I have played against over the last 45 years or so, and which are no longer in the VTCA. I think the number would be quite high.

From all reports, Hampton sent a request to Vtca to stay in South division supporting a pretty strong case, obviously fell on deaf ears. bit surprising to see Moorabbin Park promoted without a GF appearance!!

From all reports, Hampton sent a request to Vtca to stay in South division supporting a pretty strong case, obviously fell on deaf ears. bit surprising to see Moorabbin Park promoted without a GF appearance!!
Perhaps finishing last in both 09/10 and 11/12, their two seasons in South, might have been taken into consideration?

Hamptons main ground ready yet? Their 3rds & 4ths ground is not up to standard, no idea how they were allowed to played senior games at that venue.

Hamptons main oval finished (unless the football rips it up) and by all accounts will be one of the best surfaces in the area, although tipping will take a season or 2 for the wicket to be good. Didn't think the 3rds and 4th ground was all that bad, outfield a bit dodgy but the wicket played reasonably well, regardless i'm not sure how many other options they had other then playing in Dendy Park!!!!. I heard that Wintle and Collins wern't playing this year, if that was the case i'd tip them to be a bit of a rabble.

Heard Hawley is fishing for offers after playing well last season, and I felt it a bit stiff that Hampton weren't considered to stay in South, they weren't far off last season.
Moorabbin Park - without Trav - and associated clan - will they travel well in South? Maybe Eddo and Willey are padding up again?

Hampton won the first game, defeating Bonbeach who finished the season second last, and drew the last one in a round which was almost universally washed out. Although their scores suggest improvement as the season progressed, I think that's a long way from "weren't far off".

Back