South East Cricket Association (seca) 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Mick

New thread for the new Association. What are everyone's thoughts on the new name and the change in Woolnough to a 10 team grade? No word on how the fixturing will work, but my understanding is Hampton United will drop out with West Bentleigh 2.

New thread for the new Association. What are everyone's thoughts on the new name and the change in Woolnough to a 10 team grade? No word on how the fixturing will work, but my understanding is Hampton United will drop out with West Bentleigh 2.

Could this mean the end of the one day games in Woolnough?

Yeah happy with the name UM. Would have preferred the CMCA but what can you do?
UM, if Hampton United drop down, would it be realistic to suggest that they would lose their best player to a rival club?

WOW! Go to sleep, wake up & the whole landscape has changed before our very eyes....

Should make Woolnough a tougher, better comp, but will hold off on my judgement of that until the SECA releases details about how the draw will be affected.... May change the level of the playing field...

Will there be 11 rounds or 9?
If 11, who will play the 'lesser' teams twice?
Could this provide an advantage or disadvantage to one or more teams striving just to make finals?
Where will Belly play??

The plot just got a whole lot thicker....

So what happens when longmuir starts with a couple one dayers and woolnough has a two dayer? - A player in woolnough can't play the 2nd longmuir one dayer as they are in the middle of the two dayer. A disadvantage for the clubs which have 1s and 2s in the top two grades - will then have to pluck a player from the 3s if they have an unavailability in the 1s...?..! The draw is super important. No idea how it is going to work.

Not a fan of the name change. Don't understand the value of it. Would love to know the voting process and who went which way. All seemed to be a bit of a rush through job frankly.
Bunt: criteria was we needed 75% of life members, CMCA Exec members and financial clubs to vote in order for the chorum to go ahead.
Of our 44 clubs, 41 were financial and therefore we needed 28 of those clubs to be present via a representative at the chorum or the submission of a proxy vote (coupled with 16 life members and the 5 Execs it was 62 in total).
47 votes (75.8% of voting members) were received, of which 36 (76.6%) voted in favour of the change.
Not only was the chorum close to not happening, the proposed change only just got through as well (one vote would've swung it back the other way).
I can tell you HWCC, ESBC, Bentleigh Uniting & Elwood voted in the negative along with Mark Rainey & Phil Arnold on the Exec. I think Phil Arnold may have even had an extra vote as a life member?? Noel Pullen and a couple of life members I can't recall voted in the negative. I've got it all in my folder at home and will confirm tonight, but there was one or two other clubs that voted in the negative.

Squeak; your club voted for the change.

It also came to light on Wednesday that one of our clubs is currently putting a vote to their members for a name change themselves to better reflect their geographical location. No mention of who.

Bunt: criteria was we needed 75% of life members, CMCA Exec members and financial clubs to vote in order for the chorum to go ahead.
Of our 44 clubs, 41 were financial and therefore we needed 28 of those clubs to be present via a representative at the chorum or the submission of a proxy vote (coupled with 16 life members and the 5 Execs it was 62 in total).
47 votes (75.8% of voting members) were received, of which 36 (76.6%) voted in favour of the change.
Not only was the chorum close to not happening, the proposed change only just got through as well (one vote would've swung it back the other way).
I can tell you HWCC, ESBC, Bentleigh Uniting & Elwood voted in the negative along with Mark Rainey & Phil Arnold on the Exec. I think Phil Arnold may have even had an extra vote as a life member?? Noel Pullen and a couple of life members I can't recall voted in the negative. I've got it all in my folder at home and will confirm tonight, but there was one or two other clubs that voted in the negative.

Squeak; your club voted for the change.

It also came to light on Wednesday that one of our clubs is currently putting a vote to their members for a name change themselves to better reflect their geographical location. No mention of who.

I was making a joke UM. The name change doesn't bother me personally either way.

Interesting, the clubs that come to mind to fill this criteria possibly include Cluden and Melbourne Wanderers, I doubt the likes of Mackie, Omega, Washington Park would change

Interesting, the clubs that come to mind to fill this criteria possibly include Cluden and Melbourne Wanderers, I doubt the likes of Mackie, Omega, Washington Park would change
Hi All,

Firstly let me confirm the club in question for name change is not mine.

In relation to the association name change I fairly ambivalent to be honest, as someone who resides on the other side of the river I think CMCA (oops sorry SECA) people tend to overstate the strength of the CMCA brand.

Hi All,

Firstly let me confirm the club in question for name change is not mine.

In relation to the association name change I fairly ambivalent to be honest, as someone who resides on the other side of the river I think CMCA (oops sorry SECA) people tend to overstate the strength of the CMCA brand.

Army, i'd say over 80 years of history would not be overstating the CMCA [ OOPPS SECA ] ?????????? Quote!

So what happens when longmuir starts with a couple one dayers and woolnough has a two dayer? - A player in woolnough can't play the 2nd longmuir one dayer as they are in the middle of the two dayer. A disadvantage for the clubs which have 1s and 2s in the top two grades - will then have to pluck a player from the 3s if they have an unavailability in the 1s...?..! The draw is super important. No idea how it is going to work.

Good call Miller Time, you just wonder how much thought went into their decision.

Good afternoon

My understanding is Melbourne Wanderers are the club looking to change there name, they're after something to reflect there ethnic heritage, possibly Melbourne Wanderopolous or wanderangelo.

Also whispers on the grapevine Bentleigh Unitings own Eddie McGuire (for his power and leadership) is heading up a new initiative called the 'BUCC CUB ACADEMY' he is trying to head up a project to see the kids of promising past players into a development program, involving mentoring with current players, specialized coaching etc etc 'taking it to a whole new level'

Chocolate salty balls.

I'd suggest you're inferring Melbourne Hellenic in your poorly timed attempt at racial humour as Army has already indicated the Wanderers aren't considering a name change.

Academies are the new black.

Mackie won't (too many Bentligh teams). Omega might (although it would be to Brighton Union). Kingston Heath might do but probably won't.
Cluden should do but they don't have the mental capacity required to come up an idea like and the WashUps might actually be the ones. Interesting times.

Mackie won't (too many Bentligh teams). Omega might (although it would be to Brighton Union). Kingston Heath might do but probably won't.
Cluden should do but they don't have the mental capacity required to come up an idea like and the WashUps might actually be the ones. Interesting times.

See post #11 Bumble

Bunt - votes in the negative were:
Clubs: HWCC, UNION, UNITING, ESBC, ELWOOD
Life members: PARK, ISAACS, ARNOLD, PULLEN
Execs: RAINEY, ARNOLD
11 in total.

Aspendale, Aspendale Gardens & Beaumaris weren't able to vote.
Cheltenham, Cheltenham Park, Dingley, East Bentleigh Central, Kingston Saints, McKinnon, Melbourne Hellenic & Melbourne Wanderers failed to do either of attend or submit a proxy vote.

Life members in favour: ABBOTT, BENSON, KELLY, LINDROTH, MASSEY, MCCONCHIE, MOORE, TILLETT, TOMLINSON, WALLACE, WARD.
All other clubs and the 3 other Execs voted in favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back